Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-04-2006, 12:56 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road
Default My first dream…

This morning I had my first dream… that’s Alizée related, so I had to immediately jot it down when I first woke up before I forget. (Yeah, you all are thinking I'm a sick pup.)

Long story short, it was the beginning of a school semester and I was trying to get to know this cheerleader. The class I thought we had together was full and I ended up S.O.L. and left to search for another class room. During my search, I hear the piano intro to “Gourmandises” and I pointed out to the group with me and said, “Hey, that’s Alizée they’re playing.”

Analyzing my dream, I could only surmise:
1) The cheerleader thing comes from my watching too much of “Hero” lately and their commercial spamming of “Save the cheerleader, save the world…”
2) “Gourmandises” probably came my hearing a lot of that song recently, e.g. from DJ_Greg’s show last Saturday and also this video.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-04-2006, 12:59 AM

The long version:

It appeared to be the beginning of a school semester and I was trying to get to know this cheerleader. She almost looked like this girl I was acquainted with that had moved away this past Spring. (Prior events lead to my being in the company of her and her squad friends involved riding in the subways and going through the mall and then school common areas – something like that, it’s getting faint on me.) Anyway, I walked with her to some organic chem lab thinking we had the same class. It happened that there could only be one person per lab table, so after a scrambling of people trying to get tables I ended up S.O.L. and when teacher asked if everyone had a table I said I didn’t and she responded rudely saying, “There’s more than one class room available for this course.” So, I founded myself back in the school hallways looking for this “other” class room. After some time had gone by of searching I then happened to look at my schedule again and noticed that I was scheduled for something else.

So, while looking for this new class room, my environment changed to a mall setting where a group of people and myself where walking past some people playing music (you know how this time of year malls have bands to play holiday music in their walk ways). What caught my eyes was that they had some electric guitar on the ground that had “light” strings playing (similar to what you see on Win Media Player’s visual effects that is responding to the music beat) – but I digress. Anyway, we walked past them and the environment changed back to that of school with what appeared to be one of those “school spirit” events with people waiting in the dark. It’s at this point, where still hearing the mall band play, that I hear the piano intro to “Gourmandises” and I pointed out to the prior group with me and said, “Hey, that’s Alizée they’re playing.”

The rest of the dream consisted of me finding my class which happens to be my current Physics II lab and what appeared to be one of the first labs we worked on at the beginning of the semester. It’s around this point I woke up.

Damn, wish the rest of the dream would have been an Alizée concert at the “school spirit” event.

(I was pretty much able to figure out were these collage of events might have come from.)

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-04-2006, 01:26 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

nice .... i love alizée dreams

i have a kind of running theme in mine. usually I will be somewhere, like at a meeting or somewhere, and alizee will be there. The whole time I just stare at her because she is so beautiful, but I don't know who she is, and I can't think of her name

I wonder what that means? It would be awesome if there was someone who can analyze dreams here. I bet we all have some interesting ones.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

I've only had two dreams w/ Lili in them. They're usually about how I win the Lottery or somehow come into a lot of money. Basically the first thing I do is try to find out how I can get in touch with her. Then I have a meeting with her and Jeremy about how I can invest in the next album. Which is sweet, because I make major bank from all the record sales and I become friends w/ Lili!
The other part of the dream has to do with somehow I can go back in time, and get to her before she meets J.

I always seem to wake up after her album does well, then I fall back to sleep and dream the second part. I didn't have the same dream twice, but both times sort of followed this pattern.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:04 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

i have some weird vivid dreams. unfortunately i only had one dream alizee related that i cant remember
Old 12-04-2006, 03:12 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

I used to dream every night when I was younger, but I think I quit dreaming around 14 or 15. I can't really remember having another dream until I was 19. I'm sure I had a few somewhere in there, but it really seemed wierd to have suck a lack of dreams. I've been getting more dreams in the last few years, but definately not every night. Maybe one or two a week.

--Kinda off topic, but I'm bored
Old 12-04-2006, 05:18 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Congrats on your first Alizee dream. Hope you get more, not dreams but Alizee nightmares! I am sure you wouldn't mind those, would you?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:36 AM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
The long version:

It appeared to be the beginning of a school semester and I was trying to get to know this cheerleader. She almost looked like this girl I was acquainted with that had moved away this past Spring. (Prior events lead to my being in the company of her and her squad friends involved riding in the subways and going through the mall and then school common areas – something like that, it’s getting faint on me.) Anyway, I walked with her to some organic chem lab thinking we had the same class. It happened that there could only be one person per lab table, so after a scrambling of people trying to get tables I ended up S.O.L. and when teacher asked if everyone had a table I said I didn’t and she responded rudely saying, “There’s more than one class room available for this course.” So, I founded myself back in the school hallways looking for this “other” class room. After some time had gone by of searching I then happened to look at my schedule again and noticed that I was scheduled for something else.

So, while looking for this new class room, my environment changed to a mall setting where a group of people and myself where walking past some people playing music (you know how this time of year malls have bands to play holiday music in their walk ways). What caught my eyes was that they had some electric guitar on the ground that had “light” strings playing (similar to what you see on Win Media Player’s visual effects that is responding to the music beat) – but I digress. Anyway, we walked past them and the environment changed back to that of school with what appeared to be one of those “school spirit” events with people waiting in the dark. It’s at this point, where still hearing the mall band play, that I hear the piano intro to “Gourmandises” and I pointed out to the prior group with me and said, “Hey, that’s Alizée they’re playing.”

The rest of the dream consisted of me finding my class which happens to be my current Physics II lab and what appeared to be one of the first labs we worked on at the beginning of the semester. It’s around this point I woke up.

Damn, wish the rest of the dream would have been an Alizée concert at the “school spirit” event.

(I was pretty much able to figure out were these collage of events might have come from.)
I'm going to try to find the meaning of your dream here, though I'll probably be wrong...

The first bit about trying to get to know the cheerleader and not being able to get a class with her symbolizes your search and failure of trying to get a mate in the waking world?

The school changing to the mall represents you getting tired of school and just wanting to hang around with your friends.

Hearing Alizée playing gourmandises, but not actually going to where she was and listening to it, as well as asking for an autograph or something, again represents the same thing as trying to get to know the cheerleader, and failing.

Eventually finding your physics II lab symbolizes that, even though you are sick of school, you are fully willing to go back day after day until you graduate.

AMIRITE?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post

i have a kind of running theme in mine. usually I will be somewhere, like at a meeting or somewhere, and alizee will be there. The whole time I just stare at her because she is so beautiful, but I don't know who she is, and I can't think of her name

I wonder what that means? It would be awesome if there was someone who can analyze dreams here. I bet we all have some interesting ones.
I'll try and take a gander at it later, but I'm stuck at work right now. Although I did Google this, so maybe this might help: http://www.dreammoods.com/
Most of the time, I find it best to immediately think of what has gone on in my life the past few days or weeks that might relate towards the dreams. Where's a psych major when you need one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
I used to dream every night when I was younger, but I think I quit dreaming around 14 or 15. I can't really remember having another dream until I was 19. I'm sure I had a few somewhere in there, but it really seemed wierd to have suck a lack of dreams. I've been getting more dreams in the last few years, but definately not every night. Maybe one or two a week.

--Kinda off topic, but I'm bored
It's cause you're getting older and starting to forget, or you're not getting enough proper sleep (quit partying so much).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
I'm going to try to find the meaning of your dream here, though I'll probably be wrong...

The first bit about trying to get to know the cheerleader and not being able to get a class with her symbolizes your search and failure of trying to get a mate in the waking world?

The school changing to the mall represents you getting tired of school and just wanting to hang around with your friends.

Hearing Alizée playing gourmandises, but not actually going to where she was and listening to it, as well as asking for an autograph or something, again represents the same thing as trying to get to know the cheerleader, and failing.

Eventually finding your physics II lab symbolizes that, even though you are sick of school, you are fully willing to go back day after day until you graduate.

AMIRITE?
Wow, I never thought of it that way. But I can see how that does fit in. Thanks!
***Lili, please introduce me to one of your friends!***

Last edited by Sir Wood; 12-04-2006 at 09:44 PM..
Old 12-04-2006, 10:29 AM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post

Oh that's an easy one! You never go an talk to her in your dreams because you can't talk to her in real life - you have to admire her from afar because of the massive distance between you. You don't know her name in the dream because, eventhough you have seen all the interviews, you don't know the real her.

I'm not a psycologist (I can't even spell it right, I think), so don't take my answers as fact