Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Default E3

E3 is today, what are you hoping to see from the three consoles?

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

I was hoping to see a PS3 price drop for the 80GB since I'm buying one soon...but it looks like they announced a 40GB body with an 80GB harddrive now. So that kinda sucks since the main reason I don't like the 40GB is because it only has 2 usb ports. I will need ports for my driving wheel and mic for sure, plus ports for an external hard drive or usb keyboard if/when I buy them.

But the announcment of M.A.G looks promising. 256 guys online will definitely be fun on a console.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Looks like I might be a bit behind the times. I still play the Super Nintendo. You kids and your fancy gadgets.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:17 AM
Mr. Mike

Hahah have fun with Super NES! Its a classic though and I still find myself playing it from time to time. I play either street fighter (any of them) or Mario All Star with Yoshi's World. I found myself playing the original Donkey Kong for Regular Nintendo today after I watched The King Of Kong last night (or should I say 2 nites ago.) Im not much of a classic gamer though; im a xbox 360 FPS (first person shooter) type guy as you can sort of see from my gamertag

Old 07-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
ZachLovesAlizée;
the new dashboard coming this fall looks awesome, along with all the other xbl features, netflix, portal still alive, and final fantasy 13 getting ripped of its ps3 exclusive status
^ I like the new avatar features and the new 8 person party chat. That will come in handy. The gameplay in Gears 2 is absolutely worth drooling over. I cant wait for gears of war 2! Microsoft did really well in there press conference, it just goes to show you why the 360 is now the #1 selling console.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Man, Nintendo failed... I can't wait to see them get their dues for abandoning the hardcore gamers that made them what they are today. It's nice to see that XBox Live is finally going to be worth what they've been charging the last few years, but it'd be nice if they didn't have to copy the success of others to do it... And I while I'm not surprised by Sony so far, I'm not disappointed either.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:14 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoSoul View Post
Man, Nintendo failed... I can't wait to see them get their dues for abandoning the hardcore gamers that made them what they are today.
There is a lot more to games than endless hordes of god-awful shooters. Besides, real gamers game on PC.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
There is a lot more to games than endless hordes of god-awful shooters. Besides, real gamers game on PC.
I game on PC whenever I can, but I lack the financial resources to upgrade my computer regularly. Also, I never said anything about shooters. Name 3 GOOD Wii games that aren't first party Nintendo products... Face it, with the Wii, Nintendo has abandoned the gamers that made it tops in favor of catering to Grandpa, Aunt Bea, and Scruffy the Scottish Terrier. Animal Crossing on the Wii and GTA for the DS is all you can come up with to try satisfying "core" gamers, Reggie? Get f*cking real... I laugh in your round, arrogant, laurel-resting face.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Member

WindReaver is on a distinguished road

I have not been here for the past week or so as my computer died. I think the hard drive controller on the MB went. I have it working temporarily. My new parts start arriving tomorrow! Here is what I have coming in:

-Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (I already have one of these. My 2 74gb raptor drives are what got killed by the motherboard. I may be able to save them, but I would not trust them as a C: drive anymore)

-XFX MBN790IUL9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel Motherboard

-ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler

-Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield 2.66GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569Q9450

-2 x G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-2GBHZ

-COOLER MASTER Stacker 810 RC-810-KKA1-GP Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case RS-850-EMBA 850W Power Supply

-Other parts (GeForce 8800GT, DVD burner, monitor, etc. will be taken form my existing computer)

As you can see I'm a PC gamer as well.

I use my computer for just about everything entertainment related. Gaming, DVDs and other TV, Music, Internet, Etc. So spending $1500 or so to get a good one split up over the next few years is money well spent. How much would I be paying to get all of the things this can do separately? I don't even own a TV, why bother when my monitor has much higher resolution than even an HDTV?

*Edit: I just realized that this will be the first Intel computer I have had since the AMD released the Athlon.

Last edited by WindReaver; 07-21-2008 at 10:01 PM..
Old 07-21-2008, 10:13 PM

Bud10 is on a distinguished road

What did you guys think about FFXIII coming out on the 360? I must say I was shocked when they announced that, now I really have no reason to buy a PS3 because that's really the only game that interest me on it. Well I may still have a reason to buy one if FFXIII Versus is still exclusive to the PS3, though either way i still might get one if I have the extra money to throw around. Btw I missed good portions of the E3 coverage, did they announce anything about Alan Wake? This game looks really good but there keeping allot of info still in the dark about it.

Last edited by Bud10; 07-21-2008 at 10:25 PM..