Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-24-2008, 07:19 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road
Default Is Alizée rich?

Does anyone know how much money she made with her two previous albums and the current one? I mean for herself. A lot of the money went to Farmer and Boutonnat and the record company so how much did she get? Is she a millionaire? I don't think so.
I just hope she has made enough money so that she never has to work again and can live comfortably for the rest of her life even if she is not as successful as in the old days.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:40 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

I have no idea if she is a millionaire, but even without her current money, Alizée could live comfortably for the rest of her life if her future albums are not as successful as past ones. Most full-time singers are not as successful as Alizée, remember.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:53 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

If I recall correctly, Psychedelices is pretty much self-funded between Jeremy and herself, if that gives you an idea. The success of the first two albums alone should mean she is very well off.

Last edited by Fish; 03-24-2008 at 09:08 PM..
Old 03-24-2008, 08:01 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

She gets royalties out the ying-yang.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It's very hard to guess how much she's actually made. For one thing, we don't know what her contracts specified. If you assume an industry "standard" contract you might come up with a number for CD sales, but her cut on concert and merchandise revenue could make a big difference in the total.

Edit: I guess it also depends on how you define "rich". If she has enough money to maintain her current lifestyle for the rest of her life and never have to work again, I'd say that would be very well to do. I consider "rich" when you can buy yachts and private jets. I don't think she has that kind of money. I don't think she wants that kind of money.

Last edited by lefty12357; 03-24-2008 at 08:40 PM..
Old 03-24-2008, 09:02 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I guess it also depends on how you define "rich". If she has enough money to maintain her current lifestyle for the rest of her life and never have to work again, I'd say that would be very well to do.
And that's what I meant. No yachts, no private jets. However her current lifestyle is still expensive (consider the Paris apartement, that alone is a few thousand euros each month). So she better be a millionaire if she wants to live in Paris for the rest of her life, the rent money alone is a small fortune.

Quote:
It's very hard to guess how much she's actually made. For one thing, we don't know what her contracts specified.
Exactly. I sure hope Mylene made a fair deal with her. Anyway, if she went broke one day she could still go back to corsica.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:07 PM

GianGian is on a distinguished road

She probably has a good load of green paper.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
So she better be a millionaire if she wants to live in Paris for the rest of her life, the rent money alone is a small fortune.
Yes exactly. A million doesn't go as far as it used to, and who knows what things will cost ten or twenty years from now. I hope her money is invested wisely so it will stay ahead of inflation.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:14 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I agree with everyone else. She has plenty of money to maintain her lifestyle. I remember her talking about those necklaces she wears, and that there was a website. I checked it out, and they're about 5,000 dollars a piece, and she has quite a few of them. So, if she can afford 20,000 dollars just on necklaces, shes pretty well off. She was also in the recording studio for quite a while, and that probably cost at least 100,000 dollars, and probably more. You've got to think about it...Britney Spears was top for quite a few years, and shes worth around 50 million dollars. So, you can only imagine what Alizee's net worth is.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:35 PM

GianGian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I agree with everyone else. She has plenty of money to maintain her lifestyle. I remember her talking about those necklaces she wears, and that there was a website. I checked it out, and they're about 5,000 dollars a piece, and she has quite a few of them. So, if she can afford 20,000 dollars just on necklaces, shes pretty well off. She was also in the recording studio for quite a while, and that probably cost at least 100,000 dollars, and probably more. You've got to think about it...Britney Spears was top for quite a few years, and shes worth around 50 million dollars. So, you can only imagine what Alizee's net worth is.
Britney isn't worth a dime...