Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road
Default Milla Jovovich

Hey Brad, I noticed that your avatar is a picture of Milla Jovovich taken from her only commercially released album, The Divine Comedy. Are you a fan of that disc as well? To those unfamiliar with it, it's definitely worth checking out.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:08 AM

Capn is on a distinguished road

I will check it out

Old 10-05-2007, 12:11 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

fan is not the word, my first obsession is better. i loved that album so much when i was younger, and i recently just found it again in some of my old stuff.

i have kind of been re-discovering it the past couple of days. every song on that disc is amazing. and in some strange way, it may be related to my current love for alizée's music.

i would just repeat "in a glade" over and over again, i absolutely loved that song. but like i said, every song on there is really great.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:22 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

thanks, i never even knew she had an album...
Old 10-05-2007, 12:24 AM
alizée ninja

it is very unique, she wrote all of the songs herself when she was like 12 yrs old or something. and then recorded it when she was 16 i think? i know it wasn't released until she was 18 though.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it's a really interesting disc. I first heard about it a few months ago when Spin ran an article on Hollywood-Music crossovers. Hers was one of the few they had positive words for. Like Brad said, all the tracks are good, though I particularly like the first three: Alien Song, Gentleman Who Fell, and It's Your Life. There's a cool promo clip for the second modeled after Meshes of the Afternoon, an experimental film I studied in school.

Do you like Kate Bush too, Brad? Because I can definitely hear her influence in Millia's music like many critics have pointed out. Though I've never really gotten into her myself because I don't love her voice. Though I'm really looking forward to the October 23rd release of Nolwenn Leroy's live DVD, one because I went to her show twice in Paris and loved it, but also because she does an awesome cover of the Kat Bush song, Running Up That Hill:

<object width="425" height="335"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/5OmfT7tYJSeNvkRnC"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/5OmfT7tYJSeNvkRnC" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="335" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

By the way, Milla releases a lot of free music on her website now, so be sure to check it out.

Here's her page on The Divine Comedy:
http://www.millaj.com/music/tdc.shtml

I wish she'd make another album rather than appearing in all these cheesy horror movies!
Old 10-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately I don't think I have time for another obsession.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:01 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Oh man, I saw "Ultraviolet". That movie was pretty high up on the "Worst Movies" list on rottentomatoes.

I do remember when her album came out, but I can't remember whether I listened to it.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:04 AM

Capn is on a distinguished road

I first came across her in the fifth element didn't know she had an album I will look into it

Old 10-05-2007, 01:07 AM
alizée ninja

My first music "discoveries" were Nirvana and Milla. That is basically all i listened to until I was about 17. Every song on the album is great, I don't know if I could pick any favorites, but "charlie" is just awesome. It is really weird listening to the album again lately, it has probably been 8 years since I listened to it. Brings back a lot of weird memories.

never listened to kate bush, i will have to check it out.