Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-14-2007, 02:55 PM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road
Cool And now its my turn to take a BREAK...

Alas, i will also be taking a short leave as of Monday, as i will be traveling to UK, Wales, and Ireland for the next 3 weeks, i'm leaving Monday morning and wont be back till Aug 4. Also, I wont have much time to get on here either, but chances are i'll be on a lil but when i'm at some of the hotels, so i'll miss you guys for a while, but i'll be back

Peace...

--------------------
Here is a sample of our Itinerary while traveling

Quote:
Depart for London, England Day 1
Greet your fellow Ambassadors in your departure city before boarding your international flight to London, England.

London, England Days 2-3-4
After visiting Hampton Court Palace, home of Henry VIII, dress appropriately for your meeting with a current or former member of Parliament. This unique opportunity includes exploring the British Constitution and discussing the respective roles of the House of Commons, the House of Lords and the monarch. Explore the Tower of London. Since its completion in 1097, the tower has been a palace, an armory, a mint, a zoo and a prison. It now houses the Crown Jewels. Cruise the River Thames, taking in many of the city’s famous sights. Experience London’s theater scene by attending a performance in the famous West End district. Head to Buckingham Palace to view the changing of the guard. Explore the Imperial War Museum to experience the London Blitz and visit the Holocaust exhibition. Ride the London Eye, the largest Ferris wheel in the world.

Caer Llan, Wales Days 5-6
Investigate the mysterious prehistoric site of Stonehenge, dating back to 3000 B.C. Continue to the beautiful city of Bath, home to Britain’s only natural hot spring. Go 300 feet underground in Big Pit with a miner and see what life was like for the thousands of men who worked there. Climb to the top of Cardiff Castle for a breathtaking view of the city.

Waterford, Ireland Day 7
Journey to Fishguard and board the ferry for Rosslare, Ireland. Arrive in the “Emerald Isle” and continue on to the city of Waterford, famous for its magnificent crystal. You will have the opportunity to observe all stages of the manufacturing process, including the highly skilled crafts of glass blowing and engraving.

Sneem, Ireland Day 8
Uncover the mysteries of Blarney Castle, one of Ireland’s most famous buildings. Climb up 127 steps to take part in the long-standing tradition of kissing the Blarney stone. Walk across the street to examine Blarney’s famous Woolen Mill where you will find Irish arts, crafts and linens. Enjoy an evening with a traditional Irish Shanakee, or storyteller, in the beautiful village of Sneem.

Killarney, Ireland Day 9
Start your day in a horse-drawn jaunty car traversing the dramatic mountain pass of the Gap of Dunloe. Carved by glaciers, this area offers fabulous views of the boulder-strewn gorge. At the bottom of the gorge, enjoy a breathtaking boat cruise across one of the tranquil lakes.

Lisdoonvarna, Ireland Days 10-11
Explore Bunratty Castle, one of Ireland’s major historical sites, built in the 15th century. Explore the Robing Room, the main guard room and Murder Hole. Adjacent to the castle is a folk park, a recreated rural village typical of Ireland at the turn of the century. Experience a great rocky expanse in Ireland’s County Clare, the Burren, with a knowledgeable guide. A vast limestone plateau provides a unique botanical environment in which Mediterranean and Alpine plants grow side by side. Explore the limestone caves of Ailwee and view the majestic 300-feet-high Cliffs of Moher.

Home Stay, Ireland Days 12-13-14
Visit Clonmacnoise, a medieval monastery dating back to the 6th century. From the Offaly Railway, you’ll travel by train to see an authentic Irish bog. Arrive at your home-stay location where you’ll meet your welcoming Irish family. Explore Ireland’s capital city of Dublin. Discover such famous landmarks as St. Patrick Cathedral, Phoenix Park, Trinity College and statue-lined O’Connell Street. Next, at Kilmainham Gaol (jail) learn about some of the most tragic and heroic events in Ireland from the 1780s to the 1920s. Enjoy the lush Meath countryside and learn about traditional Irish sports, farming and music. Meet a farming family who also happen to be traditional Irish musicians. Take part in a turf-cutting demonstration and learn how to make traditional Irish soda bread.

Bangor, Wales Days 15-16-17
Head for Dun Laoghaire to catch the ferry to North Wales where you’ll visit a village with one of the world’s longest station names: Llanfairpwll-gwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch. On the island of Anglesey explore Neolithic sites and learn about the mystical people known as the Druids. Through challenging workshops, you'll learn leadership skills, set personal goals and step outside your comfort zone. Amaze yourself by abseiling (rappelling) 100 feet off a tower wall at Penrhyn Castle in stunning Snowdonia National Park. At the Craflwyn Environmental Education Centre, take part in two valuable environmental projects. Learn a few words during a Cymraeg (Welsh) lesson at the University and finish your day in Bangor.

Birmingham, England Day 18
Journey to the city of Birmingham, and stop to explore the city of Chester, first settled by Romans in 79 A.D. The medieval walls and ornate timber buildings, known as the Chester Rows, represent medieval high-rise stores. Your Roman Centurion guide will tell you tales of Chester’s eventful history.

London, England Day 19
Explore the most magnificent, working medieval castle in Warwick and see the world's largest trebuchet (catapult), jousting knights on horseback and a live birds of prey demonstration. Visit The Royal Weekend exhibit to see how refined members of Victorian high society spent their leisure time. Travel to Stratford-upon-Avon, birthplace of William Shakespeare.

Depart for the U.S. Day 20
Pack up your suitcase for the last time and board the coach for the airport.

Please note: This itinerary may change without prior notice. The order and scheduling of activities vary for each delegation. A revised schedule of activities will be posted in OnBoard, the online information center for Student Ambassadors, 28 days prior to departure.

Je t'aime Alizée

Last edited by Drake498; 07-14-2007 at 11:50 PM..
Old 07-14-2007, 02:58 PM

chelsey is on a distinguished road

I WILL MISS YOU!!!!!.....i know you wil have fun!!...and try to get on whenever you can!...dont be gone toooo long...have fun!!much love <3
Old 07-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

come back soon Drake498! We will miss you much
Old 07-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

all the best wishes my friend Drake

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 07-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Have a great time, Drake ! But come back soon, we will miss you.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Default Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake498 View Post
Alas, i will also be taking a short leave as of Monday, as i will be traveling to UK, Wales, and Ireland for the next 3 weeks, i'm leaving Monday morning and wont be back till Aug 4. Also, I wont have much time to get on here either, but chances are i'll be on a lil but when i'm at some of the hotels, so i'll miss you guys for a while, but i'll be back

Peace...
Dam - I just got back from 10 days in Wales and England. Stonehenge, Avebury, Caerphilly, Chepstow, Tintern....

Have a good one, and enjoy yourself - stay safe and have lots of fun!

Ed
Old 07-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Have fun, dude!

Old 07-14-2007, 04:47 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

Have a great time Drake!! Hope to see you back at the forum.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Aww sorry to see you going for so long Drake. Well I hope you have a great time and give us a update if you can or just snap some photos and show us when you get back.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 07-14-2007, 05:26 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

I'll miss you man, you've been a great pal. I really hope you enjoy your trip, and most sincerely wish you luck and getting back.