Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-26-2007, 12:56 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road
Default Why?

I really just dawned on me that I'm "borderline" obsessed, lol, with a girl that I've never met and doesn't speak my language (well, I don't speak hers). I really don't even know how this happened. A year ago I had no idea such a girl was on this planet. I was content with being close to home and didn't even really care about traveling or languages or even a certain amount of culture. I was just a boy ready to go back home and eat sweet corn

But as soon as I first saw Alizée I have seriously never been the same. She opened my eyes to so many things that I had been missing. I used to view Europe and particularly France (I'm sad to admit) in a downward manner. I let people tell me how to think, I'm sad to say.

How is it that some random girl from Corsica can suddenly jolt one's view on so many different topics? I don't have the time to tell you all the amount of things she has changed in me. Getting back to my main point...HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

One day I'm oblivious to half of the world and the next day the doors are wide open! I will admit that looks had a great deal to do with it. But sheer looks could not change a man so deeply, I don't think. Maybe I'm so naive that I do not see this as just a crush on a cute girl, but it's not like I even feel a hope to be with her or anything like that. I feel like I will one day see her in a concert, but that is it. I really don't have any romantic feeling towards her, there something there that clicked something in my brain that now I've gone all...not necessarily "twiterpated" but something close to it. It's like Lili scrambled my brains. It's like someone projected what my subconscious had imaged for a perfect girl even though I had never thought or seen her.

All right, I'm tired so I'll get back to ya later
Old 02-26-2007, 01:07 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Meh, I don't care why. I just like it.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 AM
On the Probulator

c-dawg777 is on a distinguished road

No more sugar for you pal.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

When I stop and think how crazy this whole concept would have sounded to me a year ago it really boggles my mind. And wtf are you talkin about sugar, lol?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:30 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

I gotcha, rwd, but for me I have the added effect that I found her the same summer after I graduated high school, my old friends are still in that old mindset, everytime I bump into someone around town it opens my eyes a bit.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:43 AM
On the Probulator

c-dawg777 is on a distinguished road

Ok, so you need a girlfriend.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:53 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I'm right there with ya', rwd. I guess it's what happens when one is faced with a paragon of beauty... you are just so amazed and captivated. I can't quite explain it myself. I think human beings are conditioned either through millions of years of evolution or by design (depending on your beliefs; and no, I'm not trying to start any sort of debate) to respond a certain way to natural beauty, be it a sunset, or mountain vista, or a beautiful person. It just makes us feel good inside to be exposed to that kind of beauty and we get addicted almost as if to a drug. Alizée, I think, is special in that not only does she appeal to the physical senses of sight and sound (our imaginations may fill in others as well), but because of the personality and personage that she presents that she also appeals to our sense of decency and laudability.

I just think the most important thing to keep in mind to stay grounded is that as special as Alizée is, there are bound to be many other women with that special combination of traits, but just haven't lead such a public life. For our married memebers, hopefully you have already found that kind of person. For the rest of us, now that we've seen such an example, it's up to us to find our own "Alizée" in each of our lives and make sure that person is treated accordingly.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:57 AM
The Presence

chrelion is on a distinguished road

There are times when I wonder if this is more a cult than a fan club. The results, unlike traditional cults (if it is one), have been mostly positive though. Wanting to see the world, learning new languages, changing views on a culture that some of us may have mocked (yes, I was once there) . . .

I think, when you really boil it down - it's this: We rarely see truly good people in this world. When we do, we seek to understand and connect with them, with someone truly happy - who sees meaning in life. While appearance was what lured me into this deal, Lili's personality and optimism are at the real core of this whole passion that many of us have felt.

So shines a good deed in a weary world. - Wonka, slightly misquoting Shakespeare.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:18 AM
JPVA lover

Le Parrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
But as soon as I first saw Alizée I have seriously never been the same. She opened my eyes to so many things that I had been missing. I used to view Europe and particularly France (I'm sad to admit) in a downward manner. I let people tell me how to think, I'm sad to say.
me too.
some things that Alizee has changed about me.

-i now love everything (well a lot) of things French. even french movies, french food, french baguette (lol), im planning to take 4 years in french when i transfer to the college im planning to transfer to

-i became more outgoing because Alizee. i really dont know why but she did that about me

-i write cursive because she writes cursive

-i rarely listen to my old favorite type of music. rap/hiphop

-i love the movie Amelie

-i dress very GQ'ish now because i heard French people do things in style, or they are very serious about style. i used to dress in baggy clothes.

-i spent like 5 bucks on a razorblade necklace.

-i want to visit Paris very bad. and hopefully move there.

yea call me a freak. i say the change was for the better. so let it be
theres actually more things she changed about me, but i cant think of em at the moment.

^ THE WAIT IS OVER!!! ^

Last edited by Le Parrain; 02-26-2007 at 02:23 AM..
Old 02-26-2007, 06:33 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Must be a guy thing. lol