Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-18-2006, 03:05 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée America Convergence

I know that it's really early to post this, but I'm likely to forget if I put it off. I was thinking that when Lili comes back and goes on tour, a group of us should get together to see it.

I know many of you have already planned to go to one of her next concerts, so I'm thinking that it would be great if we somehow coordinated which one we go to.

I know it may seem weird for a group of us that don't even know each other in real life to get together, but I think it would be an awesome time. I actually did this with people I play WoW with last summer (not go to a Lili concert--I wish), and it was great time. My guild and another guild had been raiding together for over a year together, and they came up with an idea that they should have a big get-together. The other guild was from BC, Canada, and they drove down to San José, California. Granted not everyone came, but we still had about 60 people at this 3-day party. It was so cool to get to know these people that you only knew through a silly game. Now, it's even better because when we play, we actually are playing with real life friends!

Anywho, I don't want anyone feeling weirded out by this, but I think it would be a great time. Most likely, this would take place in France, and I know even I'm stressing for the funds to make that kind of a trip. But I know when Lili comes back, it'll even be a while then before any concerts are scheduled, so there's a lot of time.

I don't know, I'm just throwing the idea out there, seeing how you guys react. As I said, we got a while on this one, but I wanted to put it on "paper."
Old 12-18-2006, 03:20 AM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Hmm...If something like this DOES go down, a group of people from this website seeing a concert... I'd be willing to take part. That would be Sweeet!! As usual, funding will be an issue. But like u said, there's time. I'm hoping there will be alot of fanfare from this comeback as there was in 2003. Maybe DJ Greg can give us a shout-out on his Radio show and let some fans know what we'd like to do..that is when the time comes..

Funny you mention WoW (World of Warcraft). A few members from my guild DID get together with another group in Arizona....i heard it was a blast. Only about 25-30 people made the trip between guilds, nonetheless..it sounded interesting. College students, people w/families...police officers, fireman, bankers...the makeup of the meeting was from bascially all demographics. I couldn't make it because of the timing of College Finals..and Funds
Old 12-18-2006, 04:41 AM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

thatd be kool. but id have to get to know all you people first before i actually embark on an adventure with yall hehe.
oh yea i play wow... my account expires in 4 hours though. and im planning not to play anymore once it expires. i had a little emotional last moments with my crazy tauren warrior lol. he was a beast.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:50 AM
Gone to Alaska

guldebrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
I know that it's really early to post this, but I'm likely to forget if I put it off. I was thinking that when Lili comes back and goes on tour, a group of us should get together to see it...
Sounds like fun! I would be willing to take part but I already have plans to stay with some newly acquired friends from France when Alizee makes her next concert round. They are not Alizee fans but do know who she is and know that I am a big Alizee fan so they've been bugging me to come visit. I told them that when Alizee has her next concert I'll finally come visit. They, like me, can't wait until her next concert but for very different reasons than me, obviously.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

I'm all over it. I'll be going to the concert no matter what (Opening week, hopefully!), so would be happy to meet up with some fellow fans from the forums. I'm used to the idea of meeting people I know online - I'm a yearly attendee at Gen Con, where 25,000 - 30,000 gamers get together. I volunteer with a company there, and nearly all of us volunteers met and talked online long before meeting each other. I'm also an EverQuest veteran from back in the day, and their Fan Faires bring together thousands of online gamers, many of whom show up as guilds, groups, and server teams.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:22 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Sounds interesting, I have plans when I get the money to go to France, so if I get the funds in time I don't have a problem with scheduling the trip to coincide with a concert/meeting. So I'll be up for it if life allows me to be.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I've made a lot of real-life friends through Alizée forums, so I think for me this plan goes without saying! When Lili tours again I also hope to get to as many shows as possible, preferably all of them. So no need to pick a specific one to see me!
Old 12-18-2006, 10:38 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

I will be there ..

I thought we would all just show up unannounced at aFrenchie's house one day
Old 12-18-2006, 10:41 PM

Seapaddler is on a distinguished road

I would expect to do this if she went on tour again. It only makes sense to go in a group.

I read a story by a guy from California who got together with like minded fans from a forum and did the exact same thing. They all went to the Jan. 17 2004 show at the Zenith. Her last concert of the tour. He frequented a French tutorial website and gave his story for them.

http://www.frenchtutorial.com/ivisitedfrance/brian.php

His website with the same story but broken up on multiple pages http://www.brianspad.com/paris_essay_page1.htm

The images he took during the trip http://www.brianspad.com/images/paris/index.htm

Last edited by Seapaddler; 12-18-2006 at 10:44 PM..
Old 12-18-2006, 10:57 PM

cane17 is on a distinguished road

I would sign up if shes going on tour again.