Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Go to www.n4g.com, they have links to all kinds of E3 info. I wasn't surprised about FF13, Square-Enix has always been the Judas of Gaming. When Nintendo decided to stick with cartridges instead of using CD media with the N64, they moved to the Playstation. North America has a higher concentration of 360 owners, so they might as well capitalize on that.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud10 View Post
What did you guys think about FFXIII coming out on the 360? I must say I was shocked when they announced that, now I really have no reason to buy a PS3 because that's really the only game that interest me on it. Well I may still have a reason to buy one if FFXIII Versus is still exclusive to the PS3, though either way i still might get one if I have the extra money to throw around. Btw I missed good portions of the E3 coverage, did they announce anything about Alan Wake? This game looks really good but there keeping allot of info still in the dark about it.
This is exactly why PS3 is losing in the console wars to Wii and 360. They are loosing all the rights to thier best selling games. So no one wants to pay over 500 bucks for a system that has only slightley better graphics than the much cheaper 360.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-22-2008, 04:06 AM

Bud10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
This is exactly why PS3 is losing in the console wars to Wii and 360. They are loosing all the rights to thier best selling games. So no one wants to pay over 500 bucks for a system that has only slightley better graphics than the much cheaper 360.
yeah, I personally like the 360 better. Not that I have anything against the Ps3 but it has a wider selection of games plus allot of the multiplatform games run better on the 360 since their developed for the 360 first then ported to PS3. I love the controller as well, the way its laid out makes it perfect for FPS.I never noticed the difference between the PS3's graphics and the 360's, they both look nearly the same. for now im sticking with the 360, i may get a PS3 later on down the road but it wont be for a long time, maybe when they cut the prices down on them I'll consider picking one up.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:54 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud10 View Post
yeah, I personally like the 360 better. Not that I have anything against the Ps3 but it has a wider selection of games plus allot of the multiplatform games run better on the 360 since their developed for the 360 first then ported to PS3. I love the controller as well, the way its laid out makes it perfect for FPS.I never noticed the difference between the PS3's graphics and the 360's, they both look nearly the same. for now im sticking with the 360, i may get a PS3 later on down the road but it wont be for a long time, maybe when they cut the prices down on them I'll consider picking one up.
yeah I love the 360 a lot better too. You can barley tell the difference between PS3 graphics and 360 graphics. PS3 is only slightly better, its blue-ray use is over rated.
Speaking of the PS3 controller, I hate how light it is and it seems very cheaply made. I also hate the L2 and R2 buttons, they tried to copy of the 360s trigger but they failed at it, so when you play FPS games you don't get the feeling of holding and firing a weapon like you do in 360. I like the 360 controller but I have a lot of complaints against it too. 1, why make it white, all dirt and stuff gets on it and it looks nasty, you shouldve stuck with the elite black from the beginning. 2 who was the Einstein who decided to make it wireless. Give me a break, your 3 feet from ur console the most, why do you need it wireless, so you can make the battery companies some money? I hate when im playing a game and your controller will die out of know where with sometimes no warning. You have to love when that happens to you in online play and you get killed because of it. OR when your controller is near dead and your controllers response time is extremely slow. Also you got to love that your controller dies even though on the gauge the battery life has 2 of the 5 bars left. Fix the dam gauge so it works correctly next time so you dont have guess when your battery is going to die! I hate the wireless controller concept, I rather get the wired one from the start and not have to buy it extra. 3, after playing to much and usually holding the left thumbstick up for most games, it tends to stick up there and not come back down. Sometimes it gets so bad where your character will move forward on his own without your finger on the thumbstick. I have many more complaints but I wont bore you and go into more detail. So I have kindve a love hate relationship with my 360 controller.
Ehh as of now PS3 is a waste and there's no need to really buy one. It has a very select few of titles that are actually worth getting. Probably something your able to count on your fingers.
Here's my list, Resistance Fall Of Man (this was a great game I played it all the way through, (its like a halo meets call of duty type game) and it was a great game. Wont last you too long though, only too me about 16 hours to beat, very short. Warhawk is a great game, its basically a battlefield game. The graphics were nice but I found controls to be very awkward and hard to get used to. Its definitely not for someone who doesn't play games often, other wise your going to struggle with the controls. Grand Turismo 5, never played it but im a huge fan of the Grand Turismo series, I have 1-4 and all have proven to be the best racing games I have ever played. its seems all the other racing franchises try to copy grand turismo.
Its hard to even tell this is game play footage.
And last on my list would be Metal Gear Solid 4
And that's really it, those are all the games for PS3 that are worth getting, not many at all apposed to 360s vast number of hits!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!