Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
(who were probably expecting a huge crash-and-burn and were thus pleasantly surprised)
Well the positive words I've been hearing go much stronger than "pleasantly surprised".

Quote:
I'm one (probably of the minority here) who doesn't really care for either MJ or 50/60...too "pop-rock" for me. But that's what her new sound is like, and so be it.
Yeah, I noticed you were one of the few who said you didn't love the first two songs, and don't like the new samples any more. I understand that better than the "MJ and 50/60 are the only good ones" view honestly.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

After listening to the sound snipets again, i have a feeling there will be about 5 singles released from this album.... What do you guyz thing?

My five:
MJ
50/60
Psychedelicies
Idealiser
Jamais Plus

Par les paupieres has potential; gotta hear the entire song for that one. But those five have HIT written all over them!!
Old 11-17-2007, 02:31 AM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
I'm surprised at the negativity here when even typically more Alizée-hostle forums are reacting very positively in general. It's interesting that so many of you rank MJ and 50/60 as the only good tracks, when they're also the only two we've heard in full. Doesn't that say something?
Yea that's a good point Snatcher, they just samples. Well, can't wait to hear them all in their entirety and I will definitely buy her album. I'm sure if I lived in Europe I would have liked the samples better I don't know, just seems MJ and 50/60 appeal to americans more and the other samples are like....huh?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:08 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

God damn it, I'm still listening to the samples and even Décollage has grown on me. I can't believe how quickly they grew on me, now I love all the thirty second samples. Lili must have some kind of magical force, that demands that I love evrything she does, even if it ain't my style, because that's the it seems right now
Edit: Does anyone else think that L'efet would lend itself to a video really well, I already have one in my head

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.

Last edited by Killian; 11-17-2007 at 05:11 AM..
Old 11-17-2007, 06:47 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Listened to them all once (except MJ) starting #3:
when I got to Lilly Town I thought that would be my favorite, but not sure cause Idéaliser and L'effet both gave me shivers. Wow, big smile on my face listening to that clip of L'effet. This is going on my desktop as a shortcut. Thanks man, I saw this, but thought I could not listen until the 26th or something because I was trying to click the purple circles. Well, I will have this album as soon as I can get it.
I found myself tiring of the constant electronic sounds, but it sounds like there's some more in some of those songs.

How can you even tell about FS being the same? It is just a compressed clip. I never thought the final would sound all that different. They changed MJ, but only the beginning and cut some of the middle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
...Her songs were "catchy" back then, but that is ALL they were. No meaning, no message, no complexity, it looked good on the outside, but it was an artificial mess on the inside.
Old songs meaningless?: Wow. I really disagree so much. Did you ever read any translations of Mylène's songs and/or if you know french, did you ever read any of the analyses of them? Ok, so you change what you just said later in your post, but still. I think I get the idea of praising the Alizée that exists now, but I for one protest this type of bashing of the earlier music and that's my opinion. I don't think that's necessary. I will agree, however, that I can't imagine the first two albums with someone other than Alizée.

Supporting Alizée: To SilentFox, I am still voting for Alizée every hour as much as I can, I preordered the regular CD, 2 of the double, and the vinyle before hearing anything other than FS and MJ. I may end up not liking half of this album much, but I think I will like some of them based on the ONE time I've prelistened so far. I am a big supporter and have no regrets being such. I ordered those CDs feeling like even if I don't like her new music I feel so much from the earlier ones that I am glad to give. I still like her voice and that is something. I'm not so sure about all the music. I really hope this does well so that she will come out with another album and I can add to what I do like.

Adjusting to style: I agree that partially I am just having trouble adjusting to this new stuff and eventually I'll be more at ease with it. Also, I'm not so sure that an entire album needs to have a consistency. I think often musicians do a lot of the same kind of music on an album because they don't have anything else. They do six very similar songs and maybe one of them turns out to be the magic one that does well. We'll have to hope that diversity brings in interest from different directions and that will be the strength.

While I have been expecting a more "mature" and different Alizée, it's another matter to actually perceive it. I think the earlier Alizée reminded me of the intense euphoria of young love which I've grown to old to feel anymore and it all seemed so care free. I guess nothing really can beat that - a little taste of heaven. I still really like Alizée though and I get used to it, like I got used to the different style when she did L'important c'est d'aimer. I just still am reminded by contrast how much I wish I had been around earlier. I can't do without Alizée now, though. Life is weird, that's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
...But where are the bright pianos, Alizée? What happened to the very reason that I found you?
I'm thinking Gourmandises when I read this. yes?

Mylène at 23: Just for reference, y'all, Mylène started out with Laurent when she was 23, though I will admit that her first single at the time was a huge success (according to Wikipedia).

Snatcher42: I should have asked you that ages ago! I think Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is the only book I've ever read thrice. Don't think I'm into the other (Japanese?). By the way, y'all, over the ages various tv shows and movies have been attempted to cover Hitchhikers guide, but it's all crap compared to the book. You must read the book: "The more than complete hitchhiker's guide" complete & unabridged - Bonanza Books New York - by Douglas Adams ISBN 0-517-69311-9

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 11-17-2007 at 06:50 AM..
Old 11-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Norwegian

Fusoya is on a distinguished road

the five I like the most from what I've heard so far is

L'effet
Mademoiselle Juliette
fifty / sixty
Par les paupières
Lilly town

the order i wrote them was random.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Track and album length information for Psychédélices:

Old 11-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

It seems a little short by CD standards, but perfect for vinyl. 45 minutes seems to be the preferred maximum for vinyl, but some have been longer.

I prefer this length myself. I have too many CD's that seem to drag on a bit as they approach 1 hour in length.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:06 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I would attribute this to at least 2 other things as well: 1. the expectations/internalized hype on this forum are much higher than on the hostile forums (who were probably expecting a huge crash-and-burn and were thus pleasantly surprised), 2. more people here are more emotionally attached to the older Alizee sound than on those other forums.

I'm one (probably of the minority here) who doesn't really care for either MJ or 50/60...too "pop-rock" for me. But that's what her new sound is like, and so be it.
Thanks for this response, as it sums up my feelings - I am probably much too attached to the earlier Alizée sound
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theit77 View Post
Thanks for this response, as it sums up my feelings - I am probably much too attached to the earlier Alizée sound
Well you are not the only one there theit...there are a few people here the same as you!