Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 04-09-2010, 01:21 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

So go for it! Make friends with Melle Alizée Bis. Fallo did! How bad could it be? BTW, just as "Melle" is short for "Mademoiselle", I'm guessing that "bis" is short for "bisous", one of Melle's favorite words.
It's not the first time that I realize that "Bis" seams to be totally ignored for english speakers... it's latin. its just means " the same one, again" or " one more time", if you want...

Last edited by Bigdan; 04-09-2010 at 01:24 PM..
Old 04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
It's not the first time that I realize that "Bis" seams to be totally ignored for english speakers... it's latin. its just means " the same one, again" or " one more time", if you want...

Well, there's that, too, and I did think of it. Helps that I studied Latin for 4 years.

I still think the "bissous" idea is cuter.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Homophones make life complicated

Quote:
Doc, forgive me, but this just printed yesterday in The Onion Horoscopes, so I couldn't resist:
"Taurus: Your fear and distrust of banks will result in you keeping all of your money, blood, and sperm beneath your mattress."

Sorry! No offense intended, but it was too funny and too à propos for me to resist!
I have never been offended by your comments, Chuck, and I hope you feel likewise. But I always consider the source. Someone told me <i>Taurus</i> is the sign of the BULL. (No, that's not a plausibly deniable <i>ad hominem</i> attack. Is it? )

Quote:
Anyway, is the new Facebook page for real? I say yes. For one thing, it was announced here by our own infallible Merci Alizée, and on LTF, it was announced by Julien. And the there's Jo. These people don't get fooled...
You evidently forgot the lesson of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_the_Body_Snatchers"><i>Invasion of the Body Snatchers</i></a>: before the Apple iPod, there was the "I, pod"! And didn't Lily say she and all those in her inner circle are intimate with them? No wonder she doesn't smile anymore!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:33 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Well, apparently my post was invisble. Thanks for posting what I already did. Don't think I could have done it wthout your help.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Fall, back when I was active on MySpace I added a page that I KNEW was hers and was accepted as a friend -- along with thousands of other people. Ain't no big thing.
Yeah, I know. It's just that I found it really awesome that my notifications said that. Sorta like with the emails we got from "Alizée." Just lookingat it from a fan point of view. Besides that, I think it could be a good way for her to send updates to her fans on the go. (Then again, she already has the blog and twitter )
Old 04-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Pardon me, but hold the Gnutella! Do you have any Grey Poupon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
No, bis means 'again' or 'a second time', probably beacuse this is her second pro.

Edit:

Of corse, it could also mean 'greyish brown', too. But I doubt that!
Serious cultural scholars who have spent long years critically examining L'Encyclopédie Alizée realizé[e] that 'greyish brown' is HIGHLY evocative of Lily.
That's because unlike American-style yellow mustards, Dijon-style <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Poupon"]<i>Grey Poupon</i></a> mustard is a brown mustard. And everyone knows the significance of Dijon, on account of the <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=150366&postcount=10">Burgundian origins</a> of the homophonic surnames "Jacote(y/t)," see below.

Contact No Surname Year Place Geography Zone
depgn21231m 2 JACOTET 1683 - 1689 Dijon Côte d'Or, Bourgogne, France
The two wedding records from the search hit document these marriages:
Day_______ Year Parish___ Husband_________ Wife
09 novembre 1683 St Philibert BAVAILLOT Jacques JACOTET? Jeanne
25 avril____ 1689 Notre Dame JACOB Jean_______ JACOTET Huguette
Old 04-09-2010, 03:16 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Murphy's Law? If it is her, why does she continue to slink in the shadows of rumor and vague questionable behaviors? Does Alizée gain something by keeping her fans guessing? She has forced people to become detectives. The only possible reason I can think for her to do this is to regage current interest, but it really seems like there could be a better way.

In any case, don't forget that Alizée does not do all of her own promotion and at least in the past it became at times painfully obvious that she was not the one running her own web sites and maybe had nothing to do with them any longer at all. I doubt she is running it all now even if there was a time (according to her) that she maintained MySpace herself.

Alizée has clearly posted stuff to her twitter account that was actually from her, personal expressions. That was pretty cool. If she updates some site with info of what is going on, that is pretty cool, but I'd hope that she and her ever changing team of promoters would take some care as to not confuse the public/fans in a world where it is so easy for imposters to make their mark.

In short, whatever.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Relax, Roman. All is well.

I'm convinced now that this is really her. The fact that private-Alizée is a friend does it.

(And now, she can be nosy, and go through all of the stuff I've posted as notes on MY Facebook page, Google translator engaged . . . )

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Merci Alizée

Posted few minutes ago on her fb :

sera "L'invité" sur TV5 vendredi à 18h20 ( heure française ) / will be "L'invité on TV5, this friday at 6:20 pm ( France ) .

P.S.
If anyone has still any slight doubt in mind whether it's her profile or not, then here is another thing to be noticed. She posted above message in her new account and just after few seconds the message was posted on her official fan page on fb.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 04-12-2010 at 10:15 AM..
Old 04-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Posted few minutes ago on her fb :

sera "L'invité" sur TV5 vendredi à 18h20 ( heure française ) / will be "L'invité on TV5, this friday at 6:20 pm ( France ) .

P.S.
If anyone has still any slight doubt in mind whether it's her profile or not, then here is another thing to be noticed. She posted above message in her new account and just after few seconds the message was posted on her official fan page on fb.
Unfortunately that's not conclusive one way or the other either. It could just be a re-post from Alizée's Twitter.