Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Sous haute-tension

dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
If the real reason is health-related, would you demand a full disclosure, or respect her privacy?
Such a reason could be disclosed in a vague way ("personal difficulties") without telling a lie, while still respecting her privacy.

Of course, I hope the reason is not health related, and I would doubt that it is considering she is substituting one public appearance with another.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
If the real reason is health-related, would you demand a full disclosure, or respect her privacy?
Personally I don't see the need for a full disclosure if it's something personal nor do I ask anything from her as a fan even though it would be nice if she keept some contact with her fans. But this situation have been handled so bad. How hard can it be to make a simple statment instead of unreasonable explanations like the award thing?

<3
Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 PM

Max is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
Of course, I hope the reason is not health related, and I would doubt that it is considering she is substituting one public appearance with another.
I don't think she'll make a public appearance in Mexico.

If she does, it would disprove my theory, of course. But until then, I'll believe in my theory, as it explains most of the facts.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
Alizee, if you're listening, NOW IS THE TIME TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CAREER:

1) Communicate directly with fans on your MySpace and official sites.
2) Stop deleting posts on your MySpace site.
3) Retract the insulting and ridiculous official reason given for cancelling your concert.
4) As Snatcher42 suggested, hold a "rendez-vous réservé à ses fans" on October 23rd in Paris. Perhaps you could rent a facility, accept tickets from the concert to get in and limit the number of seats to keep things from getting uncomfortable. At least your most loyal fans, those willing to wait, would be rewarded.

I would guess that each one of these steps is so critical to your fanbase, and therefore your career, that you should probably fire any of your management that would stand in the way. I really think that you're too talented to let your career be mismanaged into oblivion.
Bravo Dan, thank you. It's good to see others start suggesting constructive measures that could be taken, instead of just analyzing the reason for the situation!

Last edited by Ben; 10-09-2008 at 02:42 PM..
Old 10-09-2008, 02:45 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Yes, she should Communicate directly with her fans!! Even if it is just once a week!!!

You are right Dan!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:08 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Bravo Dan, thank you. It's good to see others start suggesting constructive measures that could be taken, instead of just analyzing the reason for the situation!
I disagree with this. I'm sure this had to be one of the toughest things for her to do in her career. It's now, more than ever, she needs our support. I myself had made all kinds of plans for that week in France. I myself was devastated by the news. I've been to plenty of concerts in my time, but had never looked forward to going to one any wheres near as much as I did this one.
When her last album came out, I was the one most critical of it. Then when she performed in Moscow, I was highly critical of it too, and now it looks like I had good reason to be.

She has brought more joy and happiness into my life in the past year and a half since I found out about her, than I had in the previous 7 and it's not even close. The fault isn't with her. It's with whoever is giving her so much bad advice, whoever is managing her career. MF and LB I feel kind of used her, but they were such an awesome trio. The likes of which we'll never see again. I think this may be the end of Alizee's career and if it is, I'd like to thank her from the bottom of my heart for all the unbelievably beautiful enjoyment she has brought us.

Don't attack her. Go after whoever is running her career into the ground.

No matter what her decision is, She will always be number 1 with me.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-09-2008 at 03:16 PM..
Old 10-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

What don't you agree with, Scruffydog? Like I said before, I don't think it matters who's fault this is, only what can be done now to make things better. By Alizée or by her managers, I don't care. It's not an attack on anyone.

Last edited by Ben; 10-09-2008 at 03:59 PM..
Old 10-09-2008, 03:29 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I disagree with this. I'm sure this had to be one of the toughest things for her to do in her career. It's now, more than ever, she needs our support. I myself had made all kinds of plans for that week in France. I myself was devastated by the news. I've been to plenty of concerts in my time, but had never looked forward to going to one any wheres near as much as I did this one.
When her last album came out, I was the one most critical of it. Then when she performed in Moscow, I was highly critical of it too, and now it looks like I had good reason to be.

She has brought more joy and happiness into my life in the past year and a half since I found out about her, than I had in the previous 7 and it's not even close. The fault isn't with her. It's with whoever is giving her so much bad advice, whoever is managing her career. MF and LB I feel kind of used her, but they were such an awesome trio. The likes of which we'll never see again. I think this may be the end of Alizee's career and if it is, I'd like to thank her from the bottom of my heart for all the unbelievably beautiful enjoyment she has brought us.

No matter what her decision is, She will always be number 1 with me.
Yes, it'll take a while for some of these dudes to find there true feelings, anger, dissapointment, outrage, and fear masks your common sense really well
what you feel when you first came to realize you like her music doesnt change just because of dissapointment, it changes because you force yourself to believe in the contrary, why would I do such an outrageous thing you might ask me. I'll tell you, you did it because you were frustrated with the cancellation. what am i talking about? you guys thinking its not worth it to be her fan if she keeps neglecting your needs. Hasnt she given what you needed? the happiness, and the music, theres not much more you can take from an artist but those.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 10-09-2008 at 03:34 PM..
Old 10-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Sous haute-tension

dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I disagree with this. I'm sure this had to be one of the toughest things for her to do in her career. It's now, more than ever, she needs our support.
Scruffy - No one is attacking Alizee. Snatcher42 and I are trying to suggest constructive measures to help her maintain a fanbase and continue her career. As I said, if her management stands in the way of what needs to be done, they should be fired. This seems to be your message as well. I don't understand what you disagree with, because our statements are not at odds.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:31 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

to the people who says she's getting bad advice and management; could it be that there is simply no advice and no management and she's just doing things by herself for the most part? because it really seems that way, that there isn't anyone giving her guidance and direction.