Alizée America Forum

Alizée America Forum (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alizée Translations (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anthony's Analysis of the song Hey! Amigo (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1448)

garçoncanadien 03-08-2007 10:48 PM

that fellow Anthony is reeeeeeaaaally talented in this kind of thing, you should read his others if anybody gets a chance.

Zack -Alizee Lover- 03-08-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garçoncanadien (Post 32084)
that fellow Anthony is reeeeeeaaaally talented in this kind of thing, you should read his others if anybody gets a chance.

i will when i improve my french and can handle it alone ;)

atra201 03-10-2007 03:28 PM

Garco, did you translate French into French?

MiamMiam 03-10-2007 04:00 PM

What are you talking about Atra? Lol it's in English, just the lyrics are still in French ;)

atra201 03-10-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamMiam (Post 32222)
What are you talking about Atra? Lol it's in English, just the lyrics are still in French ;)

well iguess we have the lyrics translated somewhere else.

Roman 04-01-2007 10:11 PM

Well, here's a link to one translation of the actual lyrics:
http://www.mf-international.com/viewtopic.php?t=48

Roman 04-01-2007 10:43 PM

God! I liked the song a lot before, just understanding it musically. (I knew the Spanish part) This song just gets elevated to a whole other level, having an understanding of the meaning of the lyrics. How can anyone see Alizée/Mylène's music as frivolous with lyrics like this. This is a great song! Even more so I think the way she sings it and with Laurent's up-beat music. They try to talk about things that can be very emotionally charged and have a darkness, but try to keep it light so that we don't get taken too far down that road. I think I'll have to add this to my list of favorite songs from Alizée which just keeps getting longer.

garçoncanadien 04-02-2007 06:26 PM

to all those who have not read this analysis before pleeeeaaase read it when you get a moment :) Anthony is extremely talented at this kind of thing and his understandings help a lot in understanding the song. Like said I will translate all his 10 analyses for you and write stickies so that all can see his hard work :)

Edcognito 04-16-2007 02:38 AM

wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by garçoncanadien (Post 35180)
to all those who have not read this analysis before pleeeeaaase read it when you get a moment :) Anthony is extremely talented at this kind of thing and his understandings help a lot in understanding the song. Like said I will translate all his 10 analyses for you and write stickies so that all can see his hard work :)

Knocked my socks off! I would NEVER have pulled all the alegory together, not speaking French even slightly. Thanks again to GarconCanadien for the translations - think its been said before, but this takes the song to a whole new level!

Ed:)

CFHollister 04-16-2007 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garçoncanadien (Post 35180)

I agree that these analyses by Anthony are all very insightful and I enjoy them very much. However I remain cautious as to accepting them as the final word on the subject. I like to think of them as one possible interpretation, a very well thought out interpretation, but just one possible intepretation nonetheless.

I wonder if Mylène writes such ambiguous lyrics in order to cover up her true meaning and thus only the truly insightful are rewarded with uncovering it; or if her purpose is to allow individual listeners the freedom to find their own meanings within the text regardless of what it may have originally meant for herself. Personnaly, I lean towards the latter. I'm sure she has a clear idea of what her texts mean to herself; but as a lyrical artist, I feel she would want people to construct their own personnal meanings and significance in her work.

I guess why I'm writing this is to say: Anthony may well be right and may have uncovered the hidden meanings behind Mylène/Alizée's songs; but don't let that stop you from finding your own significance in the texts. I'm speculating a bit with this next part here, but I think Mylène would have prefered it that way.