Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Producer/Engineer

neoific is on a distinguished road

Here are my critiques as a picky project-studio owner:
  • At 00:00:58:00 where the second synth comes in, try to do it in a split keyboard next time. It is pretty obviously off, and it'd be easier to just do a split keyboard and cut yourself in and out before/after that part.
  • The snare is a little too early in a few spots, enough for me to tell someone to do another take
  • The phase issue with your hihat distracts me
  • The snare needs more "pop" from the head, try a SM57 at 7 o'clock on the head, at around 20 degrees on the y axis.
  • Kick drum is lost entirely, move it closer to the head
  • The cymbals could use the mic being closer to the center, underneath. It'll get rid of some of your "live" sounding qualities.
  • 00:06:30:00 the lead synth line, the modulation is a bit heavy. Just ease up a little on it.
  • Toms need more bass
  • It might be fun to use a brush at 00:08:15:00 instead of the water noises, just an idea
  • The electric guitar reminds me of a saxophone

Try some of this stuff on your next recording and it'll sound a whole lot better. You have the skills in playing/arranging, now let's get your recording up to par!

If you want you can call me if you have any questions. My toll-free number is +1.866.850.7557 extension 201. Anyone else can call me at any time too, I'll answer but I might say I'll call you back.