Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-05-2007, 06:43 AM

madraven is on a distinguished road

I going to University as well. Currently studying computer science, which is alright when I understand it . I'm thinking of taking a minor in French, still have some time to decide, but I can't really see a downside to it
Old 04-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by madraven View Post
I going to University as well. Currently studying computer science, which is alright when I understand it . I'm thinking of taking a minor in French, still have some time to decide, but I can't really see a downside to it
Hmm, studying Computer Science and you are located in Nova Scotia, would I be right in guessing your at Dal? I remember my first couple of years at NSCAD when I lived in residence at Dal (well it was still DalTech at that time, now it's Dal's Sexton campus), it proved interesting because most people assume you go to art school because you were bad in school and especially at math, but I had taken University prep classes in Calculus and other subjects as I was planning on going into engineering but decided to study fine arts instead, so it bugged the hell out of some of the first year engineering student's that I(who was supposed to be a stupid art student) knew how to do most of their homework and they didn't (until they eclipsed my knowledge around midterms because I wasn't in the class). Still not sure why I switched, made the decision before I even went to University, but it was something always asked by a friend from high school (who always got annoyed if I beat him at getting the top grade in any of our high school math/science classes, every time we crossed paths while he was studying for his Masters and PhD at Dal) and it was a question I never really could answer. For the first few semesters I often thought about switching back but it would have involved completely changing schools, not just classes because I was at a school specializing in the arts and not just in a Fine Arts program at a regular University. Probably would have had an easier time finding a steady job if I hadn't, but attempting to be creatively self employed has it perks, as well as cons.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:35 AM

madraven is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
Hmm, studying Computer Science and you are located in Nova Scotia, would I be right in guessing your at Dal? I remember my first couple of years at NSCAD when I lived in residence at Dal (well it was still DalTech at that time, now it's Dal's Sexton campus)
Actually SMU and Acadia each offer CS, St. FX might as well. However, Dal is definitely the best, and that is where I am. DalTech is still DalTech, formerly TUNS, but is also referred to as Sexton Campus.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:30 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by madraven View Post
Actually SMU and Acadia each offer CS, St. FX might as well. However, Dal is definitely the best, and that is where I am. DalTech is still DalTech, formerly TUNS, but is also referred to as Sexton Campus.
I'm sure one of my friends would argue about Dal being the best but only because he got his computer science degree from Acadia, either way Halifax has a lot more going on than Wolfville could ever dream of. But because Dal is also the largest, having more students than SMU and Acadia combined, it was the safest bet.
I thought they had officially dissolved DalTech merging it completely with Dal and renamed the campus, being that before I left the DalTech sign, was replaced with a Dalhousie Sexton campus sign when the old blue TUNS signs, that could be removed, were. Do you still get Dalhousie University Polytechnic on your degrees, a friend I made from O'Brien Hall told me that they stopped that around the same time as they changed the signs.(Government forced TUNS to merge back in the 90s is what I have heard, they didn't really want to though.)