Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2010, 04:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool New approach for radio stations.

I was on my way to the airport this morning, heading back to Italy and France on vacation, thinking as I was driving about better ways to promote Alizee. We've discussed different ways such as giving away cd's, putting up flyers, bumper stickers etc. But most of these methods attract only a few people at a time. We need something that will attract a bunch of people at once. Of course the best way to do that is through the media. Radio stations, tv, magazines, newspapers, what ever. But as much as I've tried and others have tried, it's almost impossible.

Well we've tried calling radio stations, asking them to play her music. Maybe we can take a different approach. What if we try something they can relate to. The almighty buck. How do they make their money? By advertising. Well why don't we see if we can make some commercials for Alizee. They could be 30 seconds to a minute long. They could feature just her music, promoting her which would be best or they could even promote AA.

I'm waiting on a flight, so I don't have as much time to think out what I'd like to do, so I'll just post some quick thoughts. A commercial starting off saying "From France, the beautiful young singer Alizee, or maybe saying see the beautiful young singer Alizee on youtube, then playing 20 or so seconds of her music and at the end just saying "Alizee". If I had some more time, I'm sure I could come up with something better.
I have no ideahow much air time costs, but it's definitely something we need to look into.It may be something way to expensive for us. Plus how do we get the rights to use her music in such a way. I'm sure she'd be completely supportive of the idea if we could get in touch with her.
I don't have time to see if some body else may have proposed something similar. If they have then disregard this thread.
I posted this idea on the discussions page, because I think threads get more notice here. Then maybe in a week or two, if it doesn't get much notice, Ben will move it to the appropriate page.

The best music to use for this would be her English music of course. I think Youpidoo would be great because it has such a great beat to it. I'm not twenty. Les Collines, I'm fed up. A different commercial each night maybe or should it be the same one? What time frame do we target? What city? New York would probably be best but might be too expensive. How about a smaller city like Boston (Yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!). Just kidding. Maybe we should target a town with a large college population, or maybe a large French population. All food for thought.