Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-09-2009, 05:29 PM

techno_Millenium is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Oh là là, careful! You will regret saying this, I guarantee it. Read her apology on myspace. Then again, I didn't lose any money because of this...

I think it's understandable that this concert is cancelled, after all Psychédélices is pretty much over. The decision could have been made (or could have been made public) a bit sooner though (like two to three months)...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new album, I can't really be angry with her. But if that concert in the summer is cancelled as well...don't want to think about it.

Lucky you who didn0t spend any money but some of us did and twice so i have all the right to be angry with her ... for now .... for sometime .... until .... new album and concert come out lolololo cause i know i'l be running after her again and buy all her stuff lololol
Old 03-09-2009, 05:35 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

ouch, that's horrible. it sucks for the people who have already made reservations, i feel your pain guys.
i can't say i'm surprised at all though. i don't know how she plans to ever have a successful concert after this debacle though.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:54 PM
The Schupicker

Shoepick is on a distinguished road

Also a bummer for all the time and resources put into the banner.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Well, I feel very bad for all the French fans and for all the international fans who spent money on tickets lodging and transportation, (again). I have to say that I’m not too surprised, because I have had my doubts about how you can have a successful concert after a cancellation, without any promotion.

I don’t know what Alizée’s contract for the concert looked like, but it’s not uncommon for the venue and the tour company to take some or all of the responsibility for promotion. They may have failed to hold up their end of the bargain and she had no choice but to dump them in return. Who knows, maybe her tour company convinced her last time to keep silent while they offered their lame excuses. Whatever the case may be, I’m sure she’s learned a lot in the process.

I truly appreciate her posting a note on her Myspace page. I wish she had done that the first time. I may be reading too much into it, but it almost feels like she’s implying that she knows France just didn’t like Psychédélices, and she's aware that it has been part of the problem.

It may be easy for me to say, since I personally haven’t lost anything in this, but I truly adore Alizée, (even with her faults) and I am looking forward to her new music. I’m sure she’s hurting as well as all of those who are disappointed by this news.

Personally, I think her tour company has failed to live up to their end of the bargain, and they are just throwing Alizée under the bus again. This time though, she has appealed directly to us by posting that note on her Myspace. I could be wrong, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by Ben; 03-09-2009 at 10:03 PM.. Reason: merged
Old 03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Bummer . I was not affected at all by the cancellation, but it still hurts to see fellow fans suffer. I remember the first few months of being introduced to Alizée: being in that world, her world, brought me nothing but happiness. Her voice and her smile - they washed away the trouble and tension in my life, if for a moment, leaving behind a sense of wonder and joy. Now, the happiness is mixed in with other emotions that aren't nearly as comforting, or soothing. I only hope that this intimate connection that I, and all of you here, once shared.

I'm both very pleased and surprised by her handwritten apology - it does seem that she's finally heeded our advice, which all of us here (every one of us has mentioned it at least ten times in the past five months) have expressed adamantly. But at what a great price! I hope she'll retain at least 80% of her fan base, the next two weeks will be very telling.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:27 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, this is a lovely letter the likes of which we have longed to see from Alizée for so long. Whatever happens, to see it directly from her and her charming words is nice. It is signed by her and on her MySpace. That's as official/personal as we are going to get.

Hello Lilly Town people,

Je me réjouissais de vous retrouver au Grand Rex le 28 mars. Malheureusement à mon très grand regret, je dois annuler. La raison est simple : je me sépare de mon tourneur français. Je comprendrais que cette explication un peu technique ne vous satisfasse pas, mais j'ai bien peur qu'il n'y en ait pas d'autre.
Je ne vais pas vous le cacher : je suis très déçue. Je n'ai pu faire de concert à Paris pour Psychédélices, et ce n'est vraiment pas faute de l'avoir voulu ... J'avais donc très envie de vous voir !
Depuis quelques semaines je travaille à mon nouvel album, qui s'annonce différent de tout ce que j'ai pu faire jusque là. J'ai hâte de vous le présenter, si hâte que je voudrais dès aujourd'hui vous annoncer que nous nous retrouverons avant l'été pour un concert spécial. Vous et moi, entre nous, les yeux dans les yeux.

Je vous embrasse Alizée

My translation:

I was delighted to be seeing you at the Grand Rex the 28th of March. Unfortunately, to my great regret, I must cancel. The reason is simple: I am splitting with my French tour manager. I understand that this explination, a bit technical, does not satisfy you, but I'm afraid there is no other. I am not going to hide it from you: I am very disappointed. I could not do this concert in Paris for Psychédélices, and it is really not for lack of wanting to. I had much desired to see you!
For the last few weeks I have been working on my new album, which looks different from anything I've been able to do so far. I can't wait to present it to you, such haste I have that I would like, starting today, to announce to you that we will meet before summer for a special concert. You and me, eye to eye.

I kiss you, Alizée.

As for her writing, it is rather difficult to read, but it has that very characteristic feminine quality to it. Ça me fait rire un peu. It seems very appropriate to her.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 03-09-2009 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: slight correction to transcription
Old 03-09-2009, 07:20 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

I have to be brutally honest i'm afraid (and excuse the language) but it's a f*cking disgrace. If there was a problem between the tour company and the venue surely someone knew long before now?
A nice hand written note dosen't wash with me. As far as i'm concerned this cancellation shows a total disregard for her many fans (including myself) who have paid hard earned cash to make this trip to show our support for her.
I'm very angry at the moment and perhaps will calm down a bit later but i'm seriously unimpressed. I'll still buy the new album but my respect for her has gone. If she had any feelings towards her fans i'm sure it wouldn't have been too difficult to find an alternative venue or to make alternative arrangements?
We deserve much better than this.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:30 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Not again!

At least this time she did not duck her fans, and instead chose to explain the problem herself.

To all who were planning on going - I'm very sorry.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Like many others said its sad and sorda exciting day i think. It sucks for those who bought tickets to the concert, but also its exciting for hte new album, even though i kinda saw the cancelation happening. i probably will go buy the new cd when it comes out.

peace and salute
Old 03-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

Interesting question regarding today's news:

Why is it that she has canceled 2 concerts within 6 months in Paris, while at the same time committing to, and actually showing up, to events in Mexico?
(we will see about April event)

Has she given up all together on the French fan base and is focusing on the Mexican base??

Bizzare

-B

Alizee is my Constant