Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Yes, but in truth, the mainstream always outweighs the quality music, do you agree? When you can ask a girl wearing a Led Zeppelin T-shirt what her favorite song is, and she replies saying she never knew that they were a band and thought it was a shirt from some sort of fashion brand, is when you know, the world has gone to the dogs.

I've closely watched the American teenage girl population when viewing news broadcasts or blah blah blah, "Omg Jonas Brothers are hawwtttt".
I facepalm in disgrace as the shunned genre of quality metal has forever been lost under the covers of painful remakes of idiotic songs and overpriced jewelry on stupid places of the human body.

Anyways, Alizée should totally come to America, she's got 5 good reasons to go there.
Well, I don't know your age, but - CHANGE is inevitable. I'm nearing 50 (and I NEVER thought I would be saying that . . . . ) and change is the only constant I've found. Just wait, at some point, some day, Metal / Hard Rock will make a come back... Then there will be posts on all the other forums about how kids don't appreciate "classic" hip-hop, rap - whatever...

2ndly.... It is probably NEVER a good idea to pay too close attention to the American Teenage Girl (or boy) population....

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 08-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Well, I don't know your age, but - CHANGE is inevitable. I'm nearing 50 (and I NEVER thought I would be saying that . . . . ) and change is the only constant I've found. Just wait, at some point, some day, Metal / Hard Rock will make a come back... Then there will be posts on all the other forums about how kids don't appreciate "classic" hip-hop, rap - whatever...

2ndly.... It is probably NEVER a good idea to pay too close attention to the American Teenage Girl (or boy) population....

Ed
Exactly why i'm living in a bomb shelter state replaying my Opeth and Dream Theater albums like they were bread rations.

Perhaps so, and you apparently do not fall under the stereotype of average ears, seeing as how your musical taste and mind is of a clearer and individual state than any teenager I have met (ironic, I am one). It just sickens me to watch music be downgraded after it has progressed so much, i'm sure a lot of people can agree with me that it is just not how they used to make it, and the small margin of good bands and artists today that still produce some good quality stuff, are not receiving the proper attention they deserve for their, albeit, harder work and dedication to their genre, their taste, and their own individual selves.

Allow us to get back on topic, strangely I tend to turn any thread I embrace into some musical discussion of genres.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
.Allow us to get back on topic
Ok...

Old 08-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Has that been posted on her Myspace yet?

Old 08-13-2008, 02:43 AM
Tical 808

When Brad first made that cat thing I posted a comment with it. If you look a couple months back (or so) in her comments you can probably find it.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:39 AM

Camapajama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tical 808 View Post
When Brad first made that cat thing I posted a comment with it. If you look a couple months back (or so) in her comments you can probably find it.
I like it so much, I had to put it in my signature

Old 08-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Hey Snatcher, check it out! You have a fan!

Operation: Disque Drop

Found it linked from a comment on today's post in the Alizée blog. Not only are they pimping LTNY for you, but it looks like you've inspired them to take action, too.

Hmm...reading on it further, the whole 'disc drop' thing actually looks like a pretty decent idea, although a little scattershot. Looks like they've just started, though...I wonder if it's working.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

^ wow, that's awesome... and so, it begins
Old 08-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

wow that is awesome! Im pumped for tommorrow cant wait!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 08-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

All I can say is good luck! I am very interested to hear how it goes. Congrats for pulling it off. Great job for everyone involved, especially Snatcher.