Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-11-2008, 06:00 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
...Americans don't just listen to RnB, they listen to Jonas Brothers, Emo bands, and rappers with too much money and STD's, isn't that right? (No offense, but isn't it? )
*Sigh*, yes.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

The hats arrived. I added a pic to the previous post!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Awesome, Snatcher. Wish I could be there to help out!
Old 08-12-2008, 06:28 PM

Je pense que peut-être on se demandera de quelles sont les lettres LTNY. A-t-on besoin d'un nouveau nom de domaine ?
That is, maybe one will wonder what LTNY is when they see it. Is there a need for a new domain name? It could of course point to here, but then one would have to buy it. Or is that the idea, that people will be curious and have to ask, what the heck is LTNY? To which one can reply at more length.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Or is that the idea, that people will be curious and have to ask, what the heck is LTNY? To which one can reply at more length.
It's partially that, yes. Also branding/marketing, trying to make an image. And because LTNY isn't just affiliated with this site, but with all US-based fan sites (the other major one being lillytownusa.com). So we want people going to the Facebook group first via ltny.hitart.com, which acts as a portal to both pages as well as Alizée's official one.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I've recently signed up on a lot of other forums, using Alizée related names, Alizée avatars and other related to her stuff for everything on the profile of each forum. I've gotten about 2 people to ask, "Who's the girl in your ava", so hopefully they're potential souls...err....fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42
It's partially that, yes. Also branding/marketing, trying to make an image. And because LTNY isn't just affiliated with this site, but with all US-based fan sites (the other major one being lillytownusa.com). So we want people going to the Facebook group first via ltny.hitart.com, which acts as a portal to both pages as well as Alizée's official one.
So are you and the rest of the lads going to be wearing that equipment and advertising on your respective date? If so, give us a recap on how it went (when the date arrives of course
Old 08-12-2008, 08:01 PM

Well, I hope it goes well. It is kind of amazing how much people just let stuff go by. That is, I wear an Alizée shirt like every other day or so, the necklace every day and the wrist band tout le temps (all the time) and the subject may come up about Alizée and someone will be like who's this Alizée. I pull on my shirt and say, Alizée and they're still like huh? Eventually they get it and it gets explained. So, there's so much in people's faces to get their attention all the time people have learned to ignore things, but eventually it does get through to them. Eventually someone in a group will ask about Alizée from either a shirt or more likely the A necklace.

Here's the thing, people will often not ask until they see me together with RMJ, then they see us both wearing the same necklace and it intrigues them. Then they will admit to having wondered but only then do they bother to ask. Strength in numbers?

Anecdote: So I was at a party the other day and music came up and the reason I came to Paris and learning French came up and so Alizée came up, as she's a big part of that reason of course. I was describing about being a fan for so long and how I probably would never have actually gone to Paris to learn French if not to understand Alizée and going to all the concerts in Mexico and such and said something about being a hard core fan. It was pretty sweet when one of my classmates, the Australian guy, jokingly said, well now I'm just waiting for the big tattoo on your back. Ok, I said and showed them. Ha ha! Everyone loved that. Couldn't have scripted it better as one guy said.

Just sharing a nice time that I remembered. I hope some of these people eventually buy a song or album. That's what would make it really a good moment. Ok, back to verb tenses.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

I wear my Alizée shirt around every other day or so as well and I have never gotten any looks, nor has anyone asked me about her. Rather disappointing.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Of course that's not true. Americans don't just listen to RnB, they listen to Jonas Brothers, Emo bands, and rappers with too much money and STD's, isn't that right? (No offense, but isn't it? )
BAH! I mean seriously! If your talking just the commercial stuff... but there are plenty more who listen to a LOT of different music...

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 08-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
BAH! I mean seriously! If your talking just the commercial stuff... but there are plenty more who listen to a LOT of different music...

Ed
Yes, but in truth, the mainstream always outweighs the quality music, do you agree? When you can ask a girl wearing a Led Zeppelin T-shirt what her favorite song is, and she replies saying she never knew that they were a band and thought it was a shirt from some sort of fashion brand, is when you know, the world has gone to the dogs.

I've closely watched the American teenage girl population when viewing news broadcasts or blah blah blah, "Omg Jonas Brothers are hawwtttt".
I facepalm in disgrace as the shunned genre of quality metal has forever been lost under the covers of painful remakes of idiotic songs and overpriced jewelry on stupid places of the human body.

Anyways, Alizée should totally come to America, she's got 5 good reasons to go there.