Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Yeah I think Alizee should come to America! Guys do you agree with me? How should we go about doing this in all seriousness?

Back on topic!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-27-2008, 10:59 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

I have a far superior idea, and it might not have anything to do with Alizée coming to Canada instead
Old 07-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

^damm communists Canadians stealing Alizee girrrrr
Yeah I think if she comes here to the US she will try to do Canada too.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
^damm communists Canadians stealing Alizee girrrrr
Yeah I think if she comes here to the US she will try to do Canada too.
Sadly, I'd be very surprised if this was the case. The Canadian presence on any of her official or semi-official pages is next to nil. Even here, there's only--what, four of us?--who are active with any degree of regularity. As thinly spread as the fanbase is in the USA, it's apparently almost non-existant in Canada.

...which has never entirely made sense to me, given all the Francophones who live here. Granted, she's not French-Canadian, but Mylene is. Did she just not receive any exposure here during the Gourmandises/MCE era?

Last edited by Ruroshen; 07-27-2008 at 11:20 AM..
Old 07-28-2008, 12:43 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Let me remind everyone how much money France stills owes the USA for loans made during World War II. I wonder if Corsica would be a good trade?
Wait a minute, how could France owe the USA money from WWII? Half the country was occupied by the enemy and the other half was governed by a regime allied with the Germans. Who would we have lent money to?

If you're confusing France with Britain, which did owe us a war debt, be advised that will be flattering to neither country.

As for the idea of Corsica becoming the 51st state, even if that could happen the geographic realities would be unchanged. Maybe we should let that sleeping fire salamander lie.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
ok

well Alizee just deleted two of my posts!
i'm done with this
i'm sorry but i think it's extremely unwise and immature to delete posts created by your fans
if i were an artist i wouldn't be deleting my fans' posts - afterall it's us that make her music career a reality

and the worst thing is that there is spam still left on her page that is completely unrelated to Alizee..why didn't they get deleted?

ok no more promotion stuff by me
That, is the million dollar question.
We are after all, dealing with probably one of the worst sites on the internet.
I doubt Alizée, 100% runs that MySpace, I am sure someone else, perhaps husband or boss, or whatever, has access to it. Perhaps they saw a repetition in the requests for the USA, and simply decided to do some sorting out.

Whatever it is, I doubt it's personal, and I do not see this as discouraging, rather more of a reason to keep going. If they deleted it, that means...they have seen it, and like it or not (note I said they*, not her*)
, they have seen it.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I'm curious. Could you share with us the nature of the posts that are getting deleted? Are they posts about something specific or are they just random in nature. Do all of your posts get deleted?

Edit: Barrett, I know Alizée said in an interview that she runs the Myspace page herself.

I've also noticed the the USA promotion on her comment section has really fallen off already. Have you guys quit posting the USA promotion stuff or is it being deleted?

Last edited by lefty12357; 07-28-2008 at 07:15 PM..
Old 07-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
That, is the million dollar question.
We are after all, dealing with probably one of the worst sites on the internet.
I doubt Alizée, 100% runs that MySpace, I am sure someone else, perhaps husband or boss, or whatever, has access to it. Perhaps they saw a repetition in the requests for the USA, and simply decided to do some sorting out.

Whatever it is, I doubt it's personal, and I do not see this as discouraging, rather more of a reason to keep going. If they deleted it, that means...they have seen it, and like it or not (note I said they*, not her*)
, they have seen it.
*applause* Hear, hear!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I'm curious. Could you share with us the nature of the posts that are getting deleted? Are they posts about something specific or are they just random in nature. Do all of your posts get deleted?

Edit: Barrett, I know Alizée said in an interview that she runs the Myspace page herself.

I've also noticed the the USA promotion on her comment section has really fallen off already. Have you guys quit posting the USA promotion stuff or is it being deleted?
I would also be interested in knowing what is getting deleted. To my knowledge, she's never deleted any of mine. I don't post comments asking her to come to the USA, though. My feeling has always been that she'll come here if there's a reason to believe the concert will be well-attended, and a blizzard of MySpace comments isn't a good indicator of that. My comments (and I don't post them every day or even close to it) have always been either: 1) Congratulations, that song/concert/performance absolutely ROCKED; 2) Hmm, don't take this the wrong way, but I think you might want to consider changing A, B, or C; or 3) Hi, nothing much, just haven't said hello in a while and I don't want you to think I've forgotten or don't care any more.

I try to stay away from begging, spam, or tastelessly hitting on her.

If we want her to do concerts here (and I know we all do), the way to accomplish that is to get her known here. We've had some good suggestions in this thread. Put those plans into action, and hopefully her American fan base will grow and eventually she'll see fit to do concerts here. Until then, it's pointless to keep whining at her to come see us. She will when it makes commercial sense, and not before.

I also don't ask her to come to this forum and check us out, but that's because I know she already does.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
If we want her to do concerts here (and I know we all do), the way to accomplish that is to get her known here. We've had some good suggestions in this thread. Put those plans into action, and hopefully her American fan base will grow and eventually she'll see fit to do concerts here.
I agree with this completely. But I'm still curious if she is specifically deleting requests from US fans for visits and/or concerts. She may discourage the very people that could help her fan base grow in the USA. Of course it's possible that is her intent. Either way, it's hard not to feel that she is sending a message, and the message needs some clarification or it may have unintended consequences.