Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2023, 02:11 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
Back in 1985 when I was a young man, I lived in Dallas and worked as a bartender nights and weekends just for fun at a ritzy hotel. I was lucky enough to work when the hotel hosted the Dallas Cowboys 25th anniversary party in their convention center and ballroom. I saw most of the players at that time and also former stars, and made drinks for many of them. Roger Staubach, Gary Hogeboom, Tony Dorsett, "Too Tall" Jones, Randy White, Tom Landry, Bob Hayes, and on and on.

During the cocktail hour of the party, the cheerleaders arrived in their cheerleading outfits and streamed into the ballroom. Apparently they were going in to practice some performance they were going to do later on. Unfortunately I could not see the inside of the ballroom from my station. In about a half hour I heard sirens and saw an ambulance pull to the front. Paramedics came in with a stretcher and carted out one of the cheerleaders with her head reinforced like they would in the case of a back injury. It was ironic because normally the cheerleaders watch as they cart players off the field, and now it was just the opposite. The good news is that I found out that she was OK and it was just a strain.

It was probably my best night that I had to work.