Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Jericho Kanes the Name

Renegade is on a distinguished road
Default France Baby

Hey guys I just arrived at the hotel and well what can I say......it's beautiful here.
Everyone here is so kind and friendly unlike some people in the states.
Well today I'm going to see the Eifle tower and then I don't know see where I can go from there.

Peace Out
Renegade

PS
O yea going to get myself a copy of Psychédélices

I play Russian roulette everyday.... a man sport, with a bullet life.
YEA a bullet called life.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:34 PM

GianGian is on a distinguished road

I heard that people are not nice if you don't speak french...by the way, how cold is it?
Have a good time!!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

I don't speak french at all, so my biggest fear is being treated rudely. A friend of my aunt's visited Paris a while ago and said she was appalled by how she was treated since she spoke only english. Hopefully this isn't usually the case.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Poussière d'étoile...

French Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
I don't speak french at all, so my biggest fear is being treated rudely. A friend of my aunt's visited Paris a while ago and said she was appalled by how she was treated since she spoke only english. Hopefully this isn't usually the case.
Someone could tell me why when we (french people) visit the US we speak english and when american come in France they don't want to speak french?
Maybe they think that their language is the world's language maybe (and that is true) so they don't need to do effort... American maybe are lazy about learning a new language what do you think about that YOU AMERICAN ?

You see I make an effort in english to talk to you because I respect you but I could speak like that too => Dites-moi les américains pourquoi vous ne voulez pas vous fatiguer à apprendre une langue étrangère? Vous êtes trop paresseux pour ça ou est-ce parce que vous considérez pas cela nécessaire vu que l'anglais est la langue universelle?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:29 AM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

hi
french from paris are not famous for being specially nice with tourists, it's curious because there are about 27 millions foreign visitors /year, it's probably the most visited city in the world
many ppl speak english there, at least they're able to understand the language
ppl from south of france are generally more friendly
cheers
Old 02-28-2008, 11:14 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Fan View Post
Someone could tell me why when we (french people) visit the US we speak english and when american come in France they don't want to speak french?
Maybe they think that their language is the world's language maybe (and that is true) so they don't need to do effort... American maybe are lazy about learning a new language what do you think about that YOU AMERICAN ?

You see I make an effort in english to talk to you because I respect you but I could speak like that too => Dites-moi les américains pourquoi vous ne voulez pas vous fatiguer à apprendre une langue étrangère? Vous êtes trop paresseux pour ça ou est-ce parce que vous considérez pas cela nécessaire vu que l'anglais est la langue universelle?
Bonjour French Fan, parce que c'est le langue standard du monde. (Okay, so I used Babel Fish to help me get the spelling correct on a couple of words. That's the problem with trying to learn from an audio CD. ) How else can you explain the number of individual countries represented on an english speaking site dedicated to a French singer?

Anyway, your question has been discussed before under the topic "Simple Question." IMO, the big pond between our two continents has made the US population less prone to be multi-lingo. It's not like our borders are surrounded by various speaking language countries. French and Spanish is widely offered as an elective (optional) courses in our schools. Given the choice and being that to our south are Spanish speaking countries and few speaking French in Canada, people might look more towards Spanish if anything. Even then most people do not travel outside the country, and if they do it would be a once in a life time matter, therefore they believe they do not have a need to learn another language fluently. So, to simplify the answer, it's mostly a matter of geography.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...

Last edited by Sir Wood; 02-28-2008 at 05:56 PM..
Old 02-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Jericho Kanes the Name

Renegade is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Il n'est pas difficile d'apprendre une langue seconde. Il peut prendre un certain temps, mais il suffit de vous mettre un peu d'effort pour lui et je dirais dans un bon 3 ans, vous serez en mesure de parler la langue.

Seriously all you need is a little effort.
Peace Out

I play Russian roulette everyday.... a man sport, with a bullet life.
YEA a bullet called life.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:48 PM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

hi
many americans speak french, the do know it's important to learn foreign languages
most of the californians I know speak french spanish or both
cheers
Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Je ne sais pas exactement, parse que c'est pas vrais concernant moi. Mais si je devine, il est parse que l'Amerique est isolé en comparaison avec le France, et le plupart des Américains ne doivent pas employer une lange autrement que l'anglais pendant toutes leurs vies.

N'est pas une excuse à mon avi. Aussi, quand on visite un pays étrange, il est non seulement poli, mais mieux pour son propre expérience de ce pays pour parler avec des personnnes en leure propre langue. Non?

Et finalement, quelques idées sont différent en les différent langues, donc apprendre des langues élargit l'esprit. Mais les gens sont stupides partout, juste dans différentes manières.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 02-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Poussière d'étoile...

French Fan is on a distinguished road

WOW Sir wood, Renegade and deepwaters thanks for your effort in french I appreciated that
I don't want to blame americans but it's a fact that the main of them don't make effort to learn a second language...

Anyways, Renegade enjoy your trip in France