Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-19-2008, 03:03 PM

Fixty Sixty is on a distinguished road

Everyone carriers their inner child with them for their whole lives, and I believe Alizée is able to connect with that in people which may account for the wide range in age of her fanbase. She also validates people by being genuinely appreciative of her fans. I don't think you can fake this stuff. Alizée seems to be well aware of how the entertainment business can jade a celebrity if you listen to the lyrics of 50/60, and she seems to be intent on not letting that happen to her.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:05 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Its not so much a "childishness" that I'm seeing conveyed as it is a child-like innocence that, to me, says "Let go of your adult worries, if only for tonight." As charismatic as she's being in these concerts, it works marvelously.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:10 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
Alizee is childish but only relative to more serious acts (whatever that means)

people sometimes laugh or scoff at me for liking Alizee - but often those same people like Avril Levine secretly and listen to pop music but just not in front of their friends

it's not classical music but how boring would it be to just listen to classical music or more socially honored music genres all the time?

I think people are fooling themselves if they think they're too high-end to listen to pop music - it's fun and joyful. You only have one life might as well enjoy it
I totally agree with this viewpoint.

Thank you to all who were able to bring parts of the concert and reports to us less fortunate ones stuck either at work, at home, but in any event, unable to attend in person.

Also, why does every artist have to meet the expectations of a critic?!
Who are they, that they should tell us what to like and if it should be more adult-like in nature or have more of an adult theme?

I was brought up to learn jazz, classical, big band swing, and other styles on guitar, have been a NYC session guitarist for 18 years and have played all types of music in many different band settings. Now, all I have listened too since 2002 is Alizée, and some other French pop artists, and I love it!

I still have to learn songs for professional reasons, but when I listen for myself, I listen to Alizée, AND I tell anyone who asks what I am listening too without embarrassment at all.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
I totally agree with this viewpoint.

Thank you to all who were able to bring parts of the concert and reports to us less fortunate ones stuck either at work, at home, but in any event, unable to attend in person.

Also, why does every artist have to meet the expectations of a critic?!
Who are they, that they should tell us what to like and if it should be more adult-like in nature or have more of an adult theme?

I was brought up to learn jazz, classical, big band swing, and other styles on guitar, have been a NYC session guitarist for 18 years and have played all types of music in many different band settings. Now, all I have listened too since 2002 is Alizée, and some other French pop artists, and I love it!

I still have to learn songs for professional reasons, but when I listen for myself, I listen to Alizée, AND I tell anyone who asks what I am listening too without embarrassment at all.
Totally agree with this viewpoint of a viewpoint.

Whenever anyone asks me what i'm listening to, I never hesitate to tell them, because I like explaining things. When they ask who Alizée is, i'm more worried about HIS soul than my embarrassment, I tell him, and the next day his soul is lost, comes to me to discuss about her, and we just swing it off. I, knowing more, become an information source.

I've absolutely opened up my head since listening to Alizée, considering i've shunned anything outside of heavy metal and classic rock before, upon discovering this lady I changed dramatically. I guess that was my dark age, I did nothing, wanted nothing, just blasted Iron Maiden every time nearly all the time. Upon Alizée's entering into my black soul, she unlocked my mind, my emotion, and I started to be a slight more happier, I looked upon everything with new insight, and started branching out my interests.

Now i'm happy with what I am, working as my own independent musician looking for a band, branching from every instrument that the industry can use, keyboards, guitar, bass, drums, mixing, piano, even some other stuff like sitar and erhu.

As for the critic part, screw them.
They're only one voice, one point of view, one person, what Alizée needs to worry about are the FANS, the ones who love her, the ones who adore her, the ones that need impressing, the MASS VOICE, not the worthless comment of a critic that thinks he/she is larger than life enough to change an artist with a couple of harming words.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
Well, if they don't show up tonight, they are really late! Mañana...
But I think too, that it was not part of the plan to have them.

-edit-

Owowow, the audience is going apeshit here!
L'effet (complete)

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-4WeBN3P2iM&hl=en&border=1"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-4WeBN3P2iM&hl=en&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>
HA crazy banditos. at 3 01 it kinda sounds like they're screamin GO PANCHO!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:50 PM

Fixty Sixty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaceman View Post
HA crazy banditos. at 3 01 it kinda sounds like they're screamin GO PANCHO!
I'll bet that kid's personal standard in girlfriends just went up at least 1000%.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixty Sixty View Post
I'll bet that kid's personal standard in girlfriends just went up at least 1000%.
Quoted for Truth.

[Pancho]: I am sorry, you must comb your hair this way, you must sing good, dance good, and speak fluent French, and another thing...
[Veronica]: What in Tijuana is your problem?!?!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Hola! from Guadalajara, mexico! we are just getting in and are gearing up for the party tomorrow.

stay tuned...
Old 06-19-2008, 04:56 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo! View Post
Hola! from Guadalajara, mexico! we are just getting in and are gearing up for the party tomorrow.

stay tuned...
You lads best continue to keep out of trouble. I don't want to show up having to bail out the lot of you!

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 06-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo!

stay tuned...
Say what there's a soirée? partay?
I have no clue in any mind of what you are speaking about.