Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-10-2008, 02:25 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, where do you get these thread ideas?

Honestly, why "crucify" two fine artists like Mylène and Laurent? Quite aside from what they did for Alizée, their work on Mylène's own music, plus Mylène's performing ability, are sublime.

I'm not at all hung up on the old Alizée songs composed by Laurent and written by Mylène, and I think Alizée was right to end the partnership and her new music shows that she was right. Even if it's never as successful as she was in the past, she was still right to do that, because she is already as successful as she needs to be, and anything more is just extra icing on the cake. And she's happier, and her work is artistically of great merit and more true to her spirit.

That said, I also see no reason to badmouth the work of M&L, either on Mylène's albums and other music or on Alizée's in the old days. It's all good.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 06-10-2008, 06:38 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Figureatively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Scruffy, where do you get these thread ideas?

Honestly, why "crucify" two fine artists like Mylène and Laurent?
Well if you read my whole post, you would have seen in the end that I praised them. What gave me the idea for crucifying them was all the negative comments I've seen people make towards these two great artists!

Besides it would cost way too much money for a bunch of us to hop on a plane, fly over to France, and carry it out literally with the high price of fuel, the exchange rate and I hear the price of crosses is way up, plus I'm sure there would be wrongful death suits so it would have to be in a figurative manner.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

I think they're jewish (and least mylene), but even jews dont deserve to be punished :O
Old 06-10-2008, 06:48 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
i noticed SD777 that you tried to open a thread on AF
but in the french section - they closed the thread and i think they something like "Always in French!"

i thought that was funny
i probably would have done the same thing
At the time, I thought it was very important for Alizée to make changes. I was fearing what would happen down in Mexico if she didn't. A co-worker suggested I was more likely to be heard by someone who mattered if I brought my message to the Alizée-forum which I did. They have both an english and a french speaking forum. Of course I posted it on the english speaking forum and thought why not post it on the french forum. I'm sure there are several members who are bilingual. I had nothing to lose and everything to gain!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindReaver View Post
My thoughts on all of this:

Calling her ML's puppet was just the media's way of getting at ML. She is very popular in France, but also stays out of the media. She does not give them enough dirt for stories and so they attacked Alizee for it. Alizee was no more a puppet than any other young singer with managers.

There was an interview about Alizee with some guy on here not long ago where he talked about other artists like Alizee and how they almost always go down the femme fatale path. I always wonder if ML tried to lead her down that road and she just didn't want to go there.

I'm still on the fence about ML/LB. If there was some darker reason for leaving them Alizee would not tell us. She is not the type to sling dirt around. So right now there is still not enough data to make a judgment on it.

Also don't forget that she *did* get slightly pregnant and married around that time.

Yes, without ML/LB we may never have heard of Alizee even if she did get into the industry. For example, I only ever heard about Jenifer because she is a friend of Alizee.
Alizée was interviewed last year, said flat out, that there was NO anger or drama in the separation of MF/LB and Alizée. MF even sold back the copyright on her name for 1 (one) euro... Alizée has made it VERY clear that she still respects, admires and likes MF/LB ...

Now, if something new comes out, thats different, but I think Alizée has made her point in this...

Ed

/emote *waves* Hey Deepwaters!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 06-10-2008, 11:02 AM

Cool Revelations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Alizée was interviewed last year, said flat out, that there was NO anger or drama in the separation of MF/LB and Alizée.
I read that Alizée sent the first cd produced of her Psychelices album to MF and LB and they never responded. If they were on good terms, they would have said something. If they were on good terms, the only reason I could think of them not responding is because they didn't like it and at that point, it was too late to offer any constructive criticism because the album was done.

Do you remember the video that came out before her latest album that showed some of the making of Madam Julietta. There was a point where one of the dancers walked out in an outfit that was I guess a little to revealing and Alizée said.it was "too Mylene Farmer". Maybe I'm wrong but this sounds like a slap in the face to MF. If it was too revealing then "it's too revealing" is what she should have said.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:19 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I read that Alizée sent the first cd produced of her Psychelices album to MF and LB and they never responded. If they were on good terms, they would have said something. If they were on good terms, the only reason I could think of them not responding is because they didn't like it and at that point, it was too late to offer any constructive criticism because the album was done.

Do you remember the video that came out before her latest album that showed some of the making of Madam Julietta. There was a point where one of the dancers walked out in an outfit that was I guess a little to revealing and Alizée said.it was "too Mylene Farmer". Maybe I'm wrong but this sounds like a slap in the face to MF. If it was too revealing then "it's too revealing" is what she should have said.
I think you're reading way to much into things we have very little insight into. Too much speculation.

As for the CD comment, unless the series of events can be substantiated in some manner, all you've got is speculation on top of rumor, which is worse then worthless.

As for the "too Mylene" comment, you are extrapolating a thought from a statement. You extrapolate the thought of "too Mylene" as "too revealing". That is YOUR extrapolation, not Alizée's. It makes sense to me that Alizée does not wish to be accused of copying Mylene. So if an outfit looks too much like Mylene's style (be it revealing or otherwise), the proper response would be "that's too Mylene". Not a slap in Mylene's face. Just simply the desire to not copy Mylene.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:34 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

scruffy, they never said MF/LB never responded. you take the fact that you don't know what their response was as something negative. they could've responded, they couldn've not, but it's not like alizee was sharing that anyways. she's said previously that's her secret, but i think you are assuming things here. just remember both alizee and mylene are private people and they don't like to announce their personal stuff to the public.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:58 AM

Cool A mis is as good as a mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
So if an outfit looks too much like Mylene's style (be it revealing or otherwise), the proper response would be "that's too Mylene". Not a slap in Mylene's face. Just simply the desire to not copy Mylene.
If something is too much of anything, the proper response would be to not use anyone's name in describing it (Emily Post 1974). This leaves no room for misinterpretations or mis-extrapolations. There are plenty of adjectives in our languages she could have used to describe it without using someone's name.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:26 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
At the time, I thought it was very important for Alizée to make changes. I was fearing what would happen down in Mexico if she didn't. A co-worker suggested I was more likely to be heard by someone who mattered if I brought my message to the Alizée-forum which I did. They have both an english and a french speaking forum. Of course I posted it on the english speaking forum and thought why not post it on the french forum. I'm sure there are several members who are bilingual. I had nothing to lose and everything to gain!
oh - i didn't know that
they shut down your thread pretty quickly it looks like
i guess they're pretty strict with that stuff

and yes i think you're right
English i believe is mandatory in French schools and a lot of French people are at least somewhat familiar with English