Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Banned

muttonchops80 is on a distinguished road

I've played a woman in a play before, and high heels SUCK. You really can't move for crap in them except painfully forward. Standing still doesn't help. I can imagine her having to have her feet rubbed between sets(oh, what I wouldn't give to do this!). I say drop the high heels and get the girl a pair of lightweight sneakers, like nikes or something, that breathe real well. she'll be back to dancing her butt off in no time. or you may have to get the trainer from the Rocky films.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:11 PM

Fixty Sixty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaceman View Post
She needs to do some body building.
She's well aware of the need to build up her stamina. In an interview near the end of March she said she intended to go to a sports trainer to get in shape for the upcoming concerts. I thought she was getting a late start on that. It seems to me that these concerts are being rushed. She must have tremendous pressure on her right now as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett
She won't stop if we show her mature forms of criticism, and urge her, as being the collective fan, to keep going and progress through her career.
She should not stop. Her moving interpretation of Sounds of Silence is by itself justification for continuing. That song is one of the iconic songs of the 1960's, and carries a lot of emotional weight for people from that era. Alizée's rendition of the song is transcendent, and I can't watch it without tears streaming down my face. She's able to do this with her voice alone, without relying on theatrics, building the intensity towards the end of the song. It took me completely by surprise since I've never experienced such a strong emotional reaction to that song with any other version including the original. It would be a great loss if she stopped her career.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixty Sixty View Post
She should not stop. Her moving interpretation of Sounds of Silence is by itself justification for continuing. That song is one of the iconic songs of the 1960's, and carries a lot of emotional weight for people from that era. Alizée's rendition of the song is transcendent, and I can't watch it without tears streaming down my face. She's able to do this with her voice alone, without relying on theatrics, building the intensity towards the end of the song. It took me completely by surprise since I've never experienced such a strong emotional reaction to that song with any other version including the original. It would be a great loss if she stopped her career.

I couldn't agree more. That's why we all need to give her our full support.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Member

WindReaver is on a distinguished road

Do you have a better version than the "camera shutter" version that was posted on here a while back?
Old 06-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindReaver View Post
Do you have a better version than the "camera shutter" version that was posted on here a while back?
I posted the whole audio package of the Moscow concert here
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...t=3775&page=14

They're all in a reasonable good quality.
Approx. 200MB

Link http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=HO7BR0FQ
Old 06-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

Don't get me wrong, I love what shes done on her own. She has a very self motivated attidude about her life. When i first 'discoverd' Alizée it was at a strange time because it was right after the release of psychédélices. So i never really got to experiance the 'old Alizée', if you know what i mean. I got all 3 albums at once. not knowing anything about her history, it was kinda strange to listen to her music jump after the second album. But needless to say i did listen to all of her music. I am greatful for what she has brought to the stage.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I love what shes done on her own. She has a very self motivated attidude about her life. When i first 'discoverd' Alizée it was at a strange time because it was right after the release of psychédélices. So i never really got to experiance the 'old Alizée', if you know what i mean. I got all 3 albums at once. not knowing anything about her history, it was kinda strange to listen to her music jump after the second album. But needless to say i did listen to all of her music. I am greatful for what she has brought to the stage.
You're quite lucky, yet misfortunate, simple parallelism. To be in the United Kingdom, and be this immature little high school sophomore listen to 'Moi...Lolita' on the English radio after the song actually HIT the UK charts (which is a great accomplishment for any non-english song), it was a great journey to just go along with her growing up and through the albums. It was magical for me, but it also pained me, there was always a part in me that wanted to be more than just a collective fan, perhaps a friend, or a musical peer. To have that option unavailable sucks, so i'm still here.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:19 PM
¿What color is my soul?

DesertFox is on a distinguished road
Cool We believe in her :)

Sorry if i mispelled some words, my english is not that good considering im mexican, but i apologize.

I think SHE can mix song and dance, she just has to find a routine that fits with her song and does not exhaust her to much for live concerts.

If she scores big in Mexico, SHE will be adopted immediatly...but i have to agree that SHE needs to use the "old" as bait to "promote the new". In terms of music, not dancing, i am aware that shes not Mylenes dancing doll, but she has everything to make her own routines...keep it real Lily.

P.S.- Thanks for making a difference
Old 06-10-2008, 04:19 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When i first 'discoverd' Alizée it was at a strange time because it was right after the release of psychédélices. So i never really got to experiance the 'old Alizée', if you know what i mean. I got all 3 albums at once. not knowing anything about her history, it was kinda strange to listen to her music jump after the second album. But needless to say i did listen to all of her music. I am greatful for what she has brought to the stage.
I'm right there with ya, Yaceman--I actually started with Psychédélices, then worked my way backwards to Moi, Lolita...so I'd already fallen in love with MJ, Fifty/Sixty and Lilly Town before I got to JPVA, Youpidou and L'Alizée. It's kind of strange, in that it's almost like I'm a fan of two completely different artists, now--Alizée Past and Alizée Present. (Or Earth-1 Alizée and Earth-2 Alizée, for my fellow geeks out there.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
It was magical for me, but it also pained me, there was always a part in me that wanted to be more than just a collective fan, perhaps a friend, or a musical peer. To have that option unavailable sucks, so i'm still here.
Ah, but this is what Psychédeclips is for, my friend! Record something and throw it up there--you interpreting one of her songs in your own style, perhaps. I'd say it's a pretty good bet she'd see it, if nothing else, and it would definitely put you one notch above a "collective fan". Believe me, if I had any musical talent whatsoever, it's what I'd be doing, but I couldn't carry a tune if it had EZ-grip handles on it. Heck, I suck at Guitar Hero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
Sorry if i mispelled some words, my english is not that good considering im mexican, but i apologize.
No worries, friend. Your English is much better than my Spanish!

Quote:
If she scores big in Mexico, SHE will be adopted immediatly...but i have to agree that SHE needs to use the "old" as bait to "promote the new".
Hmm, that's an interesting approach. Actually, I think that's what Lili's trying to do with new orchestrations of old favorites like JEAM, but I can see where they might not be quite "old" enough to satisfy some fans.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixty Sixty View Post
She's well aware of the need to build up her stamina.

<<<snippage>>>

She should not stop. Her moving interpretation of Sounds of Silence is by itself justification for continuing. That song is one of the iconic songs of the 1960's, and carries a lot of emotional weight for people from that era.

<<<<snippage>>>>
Anyone have a link to this song/video? I hadn't heard that she had done SofS...
/emote slaphand "BAD FAN!" '

Thanks,

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience