Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-04-2008, 04:08 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo! View Post
If you were standing face to face with her, would you even care what she was wearing?
It wouldn't matter, would it?
Why?
Because you wouldn't be be able to concentrate anyways!
Think about it
I was standing face to face with her for a very brief time and you are correct. None of the stuff that people complain about or argue about or discuss this or that mattered. To hear her voice speaking to me and her there will that big smile was really grand. It was nothing, hardly anything, yet really great too. You haven't ever heard Alizée speak until you're standing right there and she's talking to you.

Merci Fanny
Old 06-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I can dream can't I?

I bet when she speaks to you, you hear the sound of the gentle breeze in your mind, you ascend into a state of evercolorful bliss, to see that smile, you must feel as if your mind is spiraling into perplexion, a feeling of excitement, surprise, happiness and confusion thrown in.

Teehee, hooray for words!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:22 AM
Podcastress

ciarac77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
there are all just "dresses" to me
Then I wasn't referring to you, then, was I? Just to the people that seem to think these ARE maternity dresses.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:28 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

zomg, plz wear something that shows off those curves... it just goes the extra mile, ya know?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:31 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

She'd look great in say, a white tank top, black jacket and black pants, make sure they're tight, but not too tight.

She'd be like secret agent Lily and her gun's the microphone.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:29 AM
Podcastress

ciarac77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
No. I think it is being achieved at least to a certain extent. I too don't really like it when people refer to it that way since that's not what it is, but you must admit, a woman could wear it while pregnant. And, yes, it is really the least of my concerns, but while sexiness in dress is certainly not achieved simply by revealing more, but how it's done, eventually we want to say to hell with that much imagination.

If you even take the example of the black JEAM outfit, there was a video of a bunch of Mexican woman wearing a similar outfit, but they cut the bottom part even higher, more like a swim suit. It did not achieve the same effect as being cut like just very short shorts and besides them not being Alizée or as beautiful as her anyway, I think the clothing itself, while more ambitiously seeking an obvious "sexiness" failed to be as sexy as the outfit worn by Alizée. So, maybe Alizée achieved the maximum level of "tease" without going beyond. In some ways that outfit was sexier than the bikini she was wearing on the beach some months before. Well, in some ways. So, I guess nude is not necessarily the sexiest presentation of a woman, though it sure helps if you have a body like she did there, but the sexier the body of the woman, the sexier she is closer to nude. Does that make sense? Something like that.

I didn't really mean to launch into a treatise on allure, but you made me do it.

Oh, and the whole thing of a woman defending it here and saying some things should be left to the imagination, that's like you're saying that it would be better. I get the feeling that you don't really mean that, but rather are defending against us harassing Alizée about it. A woman is certainly not going to feel sexy if she is pressed into doing it. That was part of my previous point and of course you're right if that was your intent.
No to what exactly? I just said "whether or not that is being achieved is one thing...." I didn't take sides with that at all. Not sure what there is to disagree with. And a woman can wear pretty much anything that way (pregnant) as long as it provides some room (which she isn't so who cares?). Why do people care so much if her clothes are too loose-fitting or tight-fitting other than the fact that you're all guys and you want to see her in tighter clothes? She will wear what she wants to wear, so get over it. As far as the women dressing in a similar outfit but not looking enough, or as beautiful, as Alizee, well, you guys, collectively I presume, will from now on always compare women to Alizee so no woman WILL compare, even if they hike their skirts up a little bit to try to achieve more sexiness, doesTHAT make sense? And as a woman, I don't necessarily want men to think derogatory things about me personally, but I can't control what goes on in their mind, so I can wear things that may or may not be flattering, but it's up to them to form their thoughts, whether or not I think they're positive or not. So no, I don't think people should harass Alizee over her f-ing clothes. They're CLOTHES! But I also think that women shouldn't be so blatant about giving men every opportunity to fantasize about them, but again, men will think what they want, so it's left to their imagination, right or wrong.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:02 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

i think she looks great in these dresses. but i also love the curls too ...

i would much rather her wear this kind of stuff then dress like britney spears or somebody. honestly it really doesn't matter to me. she is going to look great in whatever she has on.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:17 AM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

@Topaz

Is that Alizée in the picture with the dolphin? Do you have a bigger version?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:49 PM

outlaw is on a distinguished road
Post gotta go by what the world wants

nowadays u cant get sumwhere just by being "beautiful" you gotta be sexy as well and nowadays sex sells so hint hint alizee n dats what grinds my gears lol
Old 06-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Wannabe Minstrel

Infatuated is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
i think she looks great in these dresses. but i also love the curls too ...

i would much rather her wear this kind of stuff then dress like britney spears or somebody. honestly it really doesn't matter to me. she is going to look great in whatever she has on.
I agree with Brad whilst thinking derogatory things about Ciara at the same time.