Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-10-2007, 05:52 AM

marik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Slifer sometimes dreams come true but if you want to reach it! believe in yourself!
i know someday we will see each other in one place of France!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Panzer, I think he meant that all French people are rude, in the same way that all Americans are fat slobs. In other words, it a small proportion that was turned into a ridiculous stereotype. Like all Irish people being drunks, or all Britsh people having bad teeth.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Poisson d'avril!

elfman5150 is on a distinguished road

Well, I was born in France, though I did not live in Paris. I can address a few of your concerns. I grew up in Lyon, and I suggest that if you are considering moving to France, you should look into moving to Lyon. I lived on the river Rhône, and the whole area was beautiful. Of course, most of France is great, with good food, great scenery, and people. No, the French are not rude, as this is a common belief. If we were rude, then we would have not helped in the American Revolution more then likely.
I have visited only a few times, but I can tell you that like Lyon, Paris it is a great place. Be careful, because many people there are expert pick-pocketers, which i guess is kind of rude. If you have any more questions, please ask me. Thanks
Oh and by the way, France (especially Paris) is going to be a lot colder then what you are used to, so be prepared!

Last edited by elfman5150; 07-10-2007 at 12:04 PM..
Old 07-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfman5150 View Post
No, the French are not rude, as this is a common belief. If we were rude, then we would have not helped in the American Revolution more then likely.
Well, that example doesn't really apply. In essence you helped the Americans because of your deep rooted rivalry with the British. Then, afterwards, when your monarch tried to raise taxes to help regain funds because of the crippling effect helping the Americans, your people revolted. Obviously, there were other reasons for the rebelion which were very valid, and I completely agree with the rench for having rose against the first and second estates. But the lengths people went to ensure the success of the rebellion were quite horrific. But you did eventually regain peace so all is well again, I suppose.

Bear in mind that I am, in no way, implying that the French are rude. On the contrary, I have been to France many times and found the people to be warm and welcoming. Obviously some people were not, but this is to be expected anywhere. The many spoil it for the few as they say.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Poisson d'avril!

elfman5150 is on a distinguished road

Well I'm going back to France for Bastille Day. I am leaving this Friday the 13, which is actually good luck in France (America is just weird and calls it bad luck lol). I am staying for 20 days, visiting realatives and such, then coming back. I guess I'll find out if Paname (Paris) is filled with rude people nowadays.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

The whole rude thing I think is differences in culture. It is the same with Americans from the South and those from the North. A lot of people from the South, at least where I live, have this scewed conception that people from the North are snobs or stuck up. It is all about how open minded you are.

When you move to a new place you get out of it what you put in it. I don't expect every French person to return all of my smiles or my thanks, but will this make me think any less of them, no. I will be an outsider to them when I first get there, and I don't expect them treat me like a native born.

And to everyone who does not think they have the ability, funds, or opportunity to move to a new country: you can do almost anything you put your mind to. If you would have asked me in May if I would ever live anywhere besides my home town I would have said "no". This is because I love my family and felt if I left them I would be abandoning them. I didn't even want to move two hours away to go to college, and this was really going to effect the job I was able to get. Now I realize I am at the age where I am going to be moving out own my own anyways so why not move where I want to. Plus, I don't want to screw up my future and diminish my chances of getting the job I want because I am afraid to leave home. Now, I look foward to leaving America, and making it own my own in a new place. No one in my family has moved anywhere outside of the country in a long time, and I want my family to branch out beyond America's borders. I love this country, but I don't want my family anchored here. I want some cultural diversity in my family.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Poussière d'étoile...

French Fan is on a distinguished road

Hahahahaaaaa this thread makes me laugh...
Old 07-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Poussière d'étoile...

French Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfman5150 View Post
Well, I was born in France, though I did not live in Paris. I can address a few of your concerns. I grew up in Lyon, and I suggest that if you are considering moving to France, you should look into moving to Lyon. I lived on the river Rhône, and the whole area was beautiful. Of course, most of France is great, with good food, great scenery, and people. No, the French are not rude, as this is a common belief. If we were rude, then we would have not helped in the American Revolution more then likely.
I have visited only a few times, but I can tell you that like Lyon, Paris it is a great place. Be careful, because many people there are expert pick-pocketers, which i guess is kind of rude. If you have any more questions, please ask me. Thanks
Oh and by the way, France (especially Paris) is going to be a lot colder then what you are used to, so be prepared!
Salut excuse moi j'ai vu que tu étais français(e) alors pour une fois qu'on peut parler dans la langue de Molière ici j'en profite mdr...
Dis-moi d'après ce que j'ai compris tu es né(e) en France et a vécu(e) à Lyon mais dis-moi tu t'es exilé aux US ???
En tout cas ton anglais est vraiment bon tu as vraiment de la chance
Enfin tout ça pour dire que si tu pouvais m'en dire un peu plus sur toi car c'est cool qu'il y ait d'autres français ici sur ce forum dédié à la belle Alizée
Et les US alors c'est comment? Tu vis dans quelle ville là-bas?...

@+ ami(e) français(e) => (ouais dsl je sais pas si tu es une nana ou un gars...Lol)...

Last edited by French Fan; 07-10-2007 at 04:19 PM..
Old 07-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Just a couple of thoughts for you, NewAlizéefan;

First, Sacramento sucks swampwater. It's hot, it's in the central valley, there's nothing to do, and you're too close to Ah-nold. Come here to the Bay Area, or maybe go down to LA -- I don't know, some people like it there, and at least the surfing's good. Just because you hate Sacramento don't judge all of California or certainly not all of America by that. I love it here myself.

Second, when you're thinking about going to a place as different as Paris, visit first, don't just move there. Take your time. You've got plenty of it. Maybe you'll hate it. Maybe you'll love it. Maybe you'll hate Paris but like other parts of France. Maybe you'll hate France but love Switzerland or something. Anyway, test the water first before you plunge.

Goes for anyone else, too. Grass is always greener, and like that.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Fan View Post
@+ ami(e) français(e) => (ouais dsl je sais pas si tu es une nana ou un gars...Lol)...
Le nom "ElfMAN" l'indique "il" pas "elle", probablement.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716