Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
That's hard to say. My ballet class did a dance to Youpidoo, so I had a whole auditorium filled with adults. Many of them came up to me asking about the song and the artist. Also, when the movie The Good Year came out, I wrote to Saturday Night Live, Jay Leno and Regis & Kelly to have her on their show.
i thought you were teaching a younger class

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 07-29-2007, 01:47 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I teach 3-5 year olds and they were the ones performing. At that age, if nobody trips, falls or just walks off the stage before the end of the song, it's considered a success.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

I don't think it should be considered a *bump*
it deserves a *SHOVE*

Old 06-14-2010, 10:55 PM

ZshocksZ is on a distinguished road

people who know about Alizee because of me: none tried an failed badly.

now i plan on keeping her all to myself
Old 06-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

People that now know about her: Honestly, a couple dozen.
People that now like her: Maybe... 2? 3?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

People I've told about her? I have given burned discs of her to four, I have told about 12, I have contacted the guys at RocknRoll Heaven here in Orlando, I have sent video links to 3 or mabey 4. Any fanatics, no. Any one who flat out said I dont like her, none. How many of those like her, 10 I think. How many REALLY dig her, 2. How many will go out to get her CD's ??????? How many stores in Orlando stock Alizée cd's, none,,,,, but I am working on that today. Conversion ratio, does not compute, does not compute. How long I will promote Alizée???? For life. And just now I sent the Youtube link for Im Not Twenty to my mom. She is probably gonna wonder why I am here and not working today. I personally have become so excited about Alizée I would even tell Pope Benedict about her.

Last edited by RobandSandy; 06-15-2010 at 10:02 AM..
Old 06-15-2010, 11:48 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Fanatics: 3
People who like a few songs (sorta casual listeners): 5 or so.
I've sent videos to pretty much all my friends I see regularly because I know they'll give her a go and not dismiss her as 'some French crap' before even trying (as so many others do, I find ).
Old 06-16-2010, 08:14 AM

Babyblue I find many in the US society to be very close minded people. Especially here in the wonderful crackerland of the Bible Belt in Florida. I dismiss all haters and fakers alike. Life is too short. There is one universal principle which will allow one to remain in thier ignorant bliss, and that principle is,"contempt prior to investigation." Those who choose ignorance have made thier choice. There are those who would dismiss Alizée as "some french crap" before even giving her a fair hearing. That type of person I would not want too close to me anyway.

Last edited by RobandSandy; 06-16-2010 at 08:25 AM..
Old 06-16-2010, 08:20 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
Babyblue I find many in the US society to be very close minded people. Especially here in the wonderful crackerland of the Bible Belt in Florida. I dismiss all haters and fakers alike. Life is too short. There is one universal principle which will allow one to remain in thier ignorant bliss, and that principle is,"contempt prior to investigation." Those who choose ignorance have made thier choice.
Add the UK to that list. So many people here I suggested her to didn't even listen to her music before deciding it's 'some shit eurotrash' or something similar. That's why now I only introduce her to friends who I trust to give her a chance before making up their minds. The majority of them find at least one song they ask me for a copy of, so it seems to be working.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:35 AM

And since Alizée I have investigated Mylene Farmer, France Gall, Kate Ryan, Simone Simons, Elle, and several others as well. And my news is this, the US is not producing the top in music today. The Europeans are. I also looked at Epica, Kamelot, Delerium, Sarah Brightman, etc and so on. And who would have ever come up with mixing classical music and rock anyway?? Symphonic Gothic Rock Opera has been invented in Europe. Who would have thunk it? Rock, called rock FIRST, in my hometown Cleveland OH, has gone through a new evolution in Europe, and its all rocknroll to this son of Cleveland. There has been a time when new artists would enter thru the Cleveland mkt, and mainly due to the fact that Clevelanders as a whole are more open minded than the US standard. And FM radio in Orlando, corporate, thank a loving God in heaven for this internet. Because without it many of us may have not discovered some of this amazing new talent out there today.