Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 01-24-2009, 02:57 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Interesting Youtube stats

A little over a month ago, I posted 2 short video clips on Youtube. They were both short out takes from 2 different Alizée videos. One I called "Beautiful smile". It was after she had performed J'en ai marre and then was interviewed on stage afterwards. They started playing Moi Lolita and the audience started clapping to the music and this beautiful look of embarresment came across her face. The second one was from her first appearence on Stars a domicile, near the end of a show where she was suprised by the appearence of another singer.

When you post a video on Youtube, they have a thing called insight which allows you to check to see where in the world the video is being watched and by what sexes and age groups. I thought the Beautiful smile clip would be more popular because I loved that look that came across her face but the Alizée suprised clip did much better, getting about triple the amount of views. I've posted about a dozen videos in the past few months and for the most part, the most views have been in the U.S. and then other countries all around the world lagging behind to different degrees. The age groups are for the most part 20s up to 50s and usually the sex is largely male which is very understandable, but this one video, Alizée surprised has been most popular in France and most popular with young female teens.
I wonder why. Is it because it's associated with the program Stars a domicile which I don't know if it's still being filmed . I'm not sure. I'd like to think it's because she still has a potential young fan base there that's waiting for her to come up with some more songs that will appeal to them.

These are popularity and demographic charts from my Six pack of Alizee video which is pretty typical of just about all the videos. The darker the color on the world map represents where it's being watched the most. The darker green on the lower chart, in the circle represents male viewers, and the lighter green female viewers.

These are popularity and demographic charts from my Alizée surprised video. You can see there's quite a difference. The demographics chart is for France itself.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t5kP75HIIqE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t5kP75HIIqE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/43FFCLZt4SM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/43FFCLZt4SM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-25-2009 at 11:57 AM..
Old 01-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Well, this might be a step in a good direction my friend.
Perhaps little girls who've grown up a bit have remembered their past lolita.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

That's very interesting Scruffy. I never bothered to check out the "insight" feature in YouTube on my videos. I have now done so and it is interesting to see the stats on who is watching what.

Thanks for posting about this.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:23 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

How does YouTube establish age and gender?
Old 01-24-2009, 04:26 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

The "Surprised" clip is a sweet capture of a precious moment.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 01-24-2009, 05:34 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Now I'm part of the statistics
Old 01-24-2009, 09:31 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
How does YouTube establish age and gender?
Good question. If my memory serves me correctly, which it often doesn't, when you register with Youtube, which is something you certainly don't have to do to watch their videos, they give you an oppurtunity to enter your age, gender, address, etc, but it certainly isn't mandatory. Maybe they only count the stats from people who do enter those stats. Will have to check into it.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:08 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

So the 3 darkest countries (most hits) are US, South Africa and......Bangladesh!
WTF
Old 01-24-2009, 11:50 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Stars à domicile is not still running. I think it may be as simple as the surprised! thing. People get curious, especially young females, like Alizée was. :-) And dude, what's with it being so short? People may have just played it more than once because they are trying to catch what they are missing in that quick 6 seconds. I'm tempted to do it myself.
Yeah, I think it's more about stuff that has nothing to do with the content itself.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-25-2009, 11:30 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Stars à domicile is not still running. I think it may be as simple as the surprised! thing. People get curious, especially young females, like Alizée was. :-) And dude, what's with it being so short? People may have just played it more than once because they are trying to catch what they are missing in that quick 6 seconds. I'm tempted to do it myself.
Yeah, I think it's more about stuff that has nothing to do with the content itself.
The reason they're so short is because they are part of another video project I'm working on which will be comprised of several small clips. She looked so awesome in these two that I wanted to go ahead and share them now. As for people being surprised by the length of the videos, it does show on the Youtube target how long they are and people can easily post comments on this video but so far there are none saying there disappointed with that aspect.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-25-2009 at 11:46 AM..