Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-20-2008, 09:01 PM

Max is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
What do people have against so much to PETA?
They often act too crazy, too radical...

Old 11-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I don't mind animal activism.
I just don't like PETA.
And yes, the only meat I do eat is chicken and cow.
And even that, I never eat much, probably one meal a day.
So for me, I eat about 1 cow every month, and/or 2 chickens every month.
If there is any animal I want to save, it is the ones I have affections for.

Beasts that are hunted for useless purposes such as fur should be protected, and the hunters should have their arms decapitated. We needed fur long ago, but now that we have progressed and create clothing from alternative and non-violent means, we really have no purpose in killing a tiger for its skin.
I especially don't like Wolf hunters, wolves are my sacred animal, and if there is anything I hate more than a Jonas Brother, its a wolf hunter.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
They often act too crazy, too radical...

I Lmao'd at the guy in the fish suit.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:43 AM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
and there I just think you watch too much news

I grew up and live on a farm/ranch and know a lot of ranchers and what you described is not in the norm

I'm not gonna lie sometimes the animal gets hit, but typically only if it is being well uncooperative and once gotten to where they need to be they are left be

but in general animals on farms are typically treated better than most peoples kids

then again maybe this is just my experience
That might be the case with smaller farms/ranches. I mean the industry with thousands of animals. Just search for KFC's slaughterhouse or fur industry.

"Warning, this is a really disturbing video on the animal cruelty and suffering within the meat industry. Globalization and corporate greed have little regard for anything other than profit and their own greedy interests that sooner rather than later will affect us all."
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D8wSEHTbVk&hl=sv&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D8wSEHTbVk&hl=sv&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<3
Old 11-21-2008, 05:02 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
In what way do we share the same physical structure of a predator? Is it our big claws or our big sharp fangs we use to suffocate the prey?
no, it is the minds we developed. and in our bodys are the structures to the types of muscles that let us act upon our minds. from leg muscles that we use to carry twice our weight,the wrist muscles, and finger muscles, that let us improvise better weapons than any other animal on the planet can ever even dream of. spiders biuld traps, wolves work together, scorpions use paralysis. But we are man, we made spears, we made nets, we turned them into sword and shield, and now, they are guns. To say man does not have the structure of a predator is folley.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 11-21-2008 at 05:05 PM..
Old 11-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
That might be the case with smaller farms/ranches. I mean the industry with thousands of animals. Just search for KFC's slaughterhouse or fur industry.

"Warning, this is a really disturbing video on the animal cruelty and suffering within the meat industry. Globalization and corporate greed have little regard for anything other than profit and their own greedy interests that sooner rather than later will affect us all."
<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/5D8wSEHTbVk&hl=sv&fs=1 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>
yea one cant help but feel so bad, but I sleep at night knowing "I am not the one doing that to them" I just eat what I buy, its not my fualt.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Shakes head @ Sarah
<IFRAME height=339 src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/27831044#27831044" frameBorder=0 width=425 scrolling=no></IFRAME>

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 11-21-2008 at 05:35 PM..
Old 11-21-2008, 07:08 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
no, it is the minds we developed. and in our bodys are the structures to the types of muscles that let us act upon our minds. from leg muscles that we use to carry twice our weight,the wrist muscles, and finger muscles, that let us improvise better weapons than any other animal on the planet can ever even dream of. spiders biuld traps, wolves work together, scorpions use paralysis. But we are man, we made spears, we made nets, we turned them into sword and shield, and now, they are guns. To say man does not have the structure of a predator is folley.
Still, we are not bound to be predators like snakes, tigers, eagles etc. to survive. We moved on from being hunter-gatherers because it's a hard life where every day is a struggle for survival.
We have the ability (both body and mind/intelligence) to, more or less, be whatever we want on this earth and are able to use the material given us and play according to the laws of nature. But we're also able to rise "above" the beast in our being.

Quote:
yea one cant help but feel so bad, but I sleep at night knowing "I am not the one doing that to them" I just eat what I buy, its not my fualt.
"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing"

<3

Last edited by Tiwaz; 11-21-2008 at 07:14 PM..
Old 11-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
But we're also able to rise "above" the beast in our being.
We can.
But if left untended, all sink back to darkness.
We've created culture, where we can learn of etiquette and tameness.
Take it all away and all we will have is temporary order before we all sink back in flames.
In my personal opinion, we are merely tiny dots in the spectrum of evolution, and we will always be nothing more than pitiful mortal beasts.

"If you cannot obey the laws of the land, then you must leave the land"

When humanity is discovering luxury over necessity, then we must stop that. Brutal animal slaughtering is very inhumane, and despite me being a scarce meat eater, I cannot help but honor the beast that has changed before my plate, before my eyes. Honor its life and that it is nothing more or nothing less than I.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:14 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

just a comment on tiwaz's video that is not the standard to which animals are treated on the majority of the nations farms I have been to and know big cattle ranchers, chickens are the closest portrayed there, but still what they show is the extreme

It is just like any other news or propaganda show, they show you the worst so you will not only believe, but to get you to watch it
It's the same thing with every War

and as said before a large percentage of these animals wouldn't make it past birth without human intervention

I'm not gonna lie there are some sick people out there that do treat animals badly, but the majority of ranchers treat their animals good. Why would they want animals that are unhealthy and don't produce healthy offspring? They can't make money that way, and that is why they do it don't they?