Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoSoul View Post
Maybe if our(only speaking for the US) government would stop sucking the dick of Big Oil, we would be able to make some progress in alternative fuels. Of course, I don't think that will happen as long as we are a Democratic Republic. The people we vote in to represent us are already in someone else's pocket and they to keep the system a positive structure to maintain such conduct.
This is another thing I'm for which is to create another party that can throw the democrats and republicans in Washington out on their asses. But American's are so set in there ways, and it costs so much to compete that I doubt this is gonna happen. The machine up there is too well oiled and the wheel is turning too fast to stop it. It's gonna take one major wrench on both democrats and republicans parts to stop it now. I wish I had the money because I would go for it.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:09 AM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
This is another thing I'm for which is to create another party that can throw the democrats and republicans in Washington out on their asses. But American's are so set in there ways, and it costs so much to compete that I doubt this is gonna happen. The machine up there is too well oiled and the wheel is turning too fast to stop it. It's gonna take one major wrench on both democrats and republicans parts to stop it now. I wish I had the money because I would go for it.
It won't work. Like I said, the Democratic Republic system of government is an outdated, and in our usage of it, corrupted institution. Sadly, the majority of Americans are too stupid and lazy to try and change it. Hell, even a pure Democracy would probably work better than this.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:14 AM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It won't work. Like I said, the Democratic Republic system of government is an outdated, and in our usage of it, corrupted institution. Sadly, the majority of Americans are too stupid and lazy to try and change it. Hell, even a pure Democracy would probably work better than this.
if you're interested - check out these thinkers
Habermas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%BCrgen_Habermas

coincidentally passed away today - RIP
and Mosca

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaetano_Mosca

if you're interested in categorical critiques of modern liberal democracies (especially the latter)
very interesting stuff
Habermas does more of a sociological analysis though
some wild thinking is also expounded by Kalyvas - really interesting way of looking at society

http://www.newschool.edu/lang/faculty.aspx?id=1638

Last edited by tbailey; 07-31-2008 at 12:20 AM..
Old 07-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
if you're interested - check out these thinkers

Habermas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%BCrgen_Habermas

coincidentally passed away today - RIP

and Mosca

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaetano_Mosca

if you're interested in categorical critiques of modern liberal democracies (especially the latter)
very interesting stuff

Habermas does more of a sociological analysis though

Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Yeah, I've thought about a pure democracy. I don't think the American public today realizes how much power we have. We don't have to vote in either of those men into office in November. If everyone stayed home it wouldn't happen. However, then congress would stick someone in office, which would just piss the average American off then you would have a conflict which would lead to revolution LOL! On a serious note though, we really don't have to put up with the system, but people get comfortable, and then they let these idiots in Washington spoon feed them a bunch of bullshit.