Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I think that estimate of a few centuries is extremely optimistic. It will take years to get the oil flowing and it will not come just to the US. It will go up for sale on the world market and it wouldn't surprise me if much of it went elsewhere.

We really need to get serious about alternatives to oil. There is so much opportunity for entrepreneurship, new businesses and jobs. We should be at the forefront of this. There are no good short term solutions that I can see other than conserving where we can. I think this situation is a wakeup call and it’s time for us to wake up. In the meantime, the oil companies could always drill on the 68 million acres in the US that they already have leases and permits for, but haven't drilled yet.
I agree alternative fuels are something we need to research, however we can't do that with a staggering economy. It takes money. Now if we drilled, we could sell some, and put the profits in the economy and boost it. Look at Dubai for a good example of what happens when you discover oil and sell it. However, we also don't have to sell the oil to other countries. Either, way it would help us. So we need to stop letting what nature gave us go to waste.