Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Whereas with Alizée, there's not a cornucopia of media coverage. So when something does happen, it freaking EXPLODES.
/sigh...

That would be my head!

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 06-04-2011, 01:02 AM

Default Bumping again, for the new members...

So, what do all of you newer members of AAm think?

Do I need to be in the Rubber Room? After all, it's been 4 1/2 years... Wouldn't you think I've gotten over this by now?

Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 06-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

If you belong in the Rubber Room, we're all going with you! I'm serious, there is no doubt in my mind that we are all completely insane.. but that's not always a bad thing.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 06-04-2011, 06:10 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
If you belong in the Rubber Room, we're all going with you! I'm serious, there is no doubt in my mind that we are all completely insane.. but that's not always a bad thing.
"Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society."

Several times actually. I have changed my music taste several times, gone from the trance that would make your house shake to soft pop songs by Celine Dion and alike. With Alizée, it's not like that. Her music has such a diverse array of categories that I can say since I registered here I have always listened to at least one song per day, I have even reached a point where I can sing along to a language to which I am very new. This isn't tiresome, the contrary, it gives me an interest, a frontier. Before her, I was biased towards France and hated it for no apparent reason, now I have started to take classes to learn the language and hope to go there one day.

I don't know why, but I can just as well watch any video a million times and never get tired of it, it never loses the initial reaction it had the first time I watched the video. The feelings of which she express when she sings speaks to something deep inside of (what I think at least) all of the people on this forum, when she sings of sorrow you don't need to understand; her music is universal so you feel it, despite not understanding the slightest word.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:18 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Yes. You are correct. We are all insane.

However, actually EVERYBODY is insane. People simply hang in groups that are insane the same way they are, so within the group you think you are normal. However, you look over at that group over there... and they are clearly insane. Of course, I think you can imagine what they are saying about you.

Once you realize that everybody is insane in some way, human behavior all of a sudden makes much more sense.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:59 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well it's been pretty close to 4 and 1/2 years myself. 4 years and 4 months to be exact. Reading through some of your original post, I had to look up and make sure it wasn't me who wrote. Over 4 years and I'm still listening to her music day after day after day. No matter how beautiful you think she is, no matter how much you love her voice, you would think there would come a day where you would get tired of listening to the same songs all the time and it just doesn't happen and I will rue the day if it ever does happen.

Like Edcognito, I was never a fan who took a deep interest in any celebrity I liked. Take for instance Shania Twain. A very, very beautiful woman. I love several of her songs. But I never had any interest in seeing her perform live or getting her autograph. Even if she was performing here in Boston, I probably wouldn't have any great interest in seeing her. I'd probably do it as more of a thing to get me out of the house than wanting to see here.

With Alizee, I've already made 4 trips to Paris, 2 autograph sessions, and 2 cancelled concerts and if there had been other concerts scheduled, I'd go as often as I could until I couldn't afford to make the credit card payments any more. I don't know what I would have done if I had knew about her back in 2003. I probably would have gotten a home equity loan to pay for all the trips I would have taken.

I often sit and wonder what makes her so special, what sets her so far apart from all the rest. I just hope the younger fans here realize that something like Alizee isn't a thing that happens on a regular basis. It is a once in a lifetime thing. Enjoy it while it lasts. Maybe a better way to refer to it is that she is the storm of the century.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-05-2011 at 08:48 AM..
Old 06-05-2011, 08:29 AM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I think what's happening right now is why being an Alizée fan is so great.

With other more popular artists, there's news about them all the time, new videos about them coming out all the time, and many many more insight into them. Whereas with Alizée, there's not a cornucopia of media coverage. So when something does happen, it freaking EXPLODES.

Every time something about Alizée comes up, it's just that much more precious. It gets viewed like crazy, every little detail about it is examined, and it's discussed from every angle possible.

God being an Alizée fan is AWESOME!!
Second this..paranoic about her detail here!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:22 PM

Cool

Glad to know I'll be in good company, in any event!

Ed

Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 06-06-2011, 05:46 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road
Cool

I have beeen an Alizée fan for over 5 years now, but unlike some, I do not have the time, nor opportunity to go to Europe, although it is the one thing I most want to do.

I appreciate very much Scruffy, and others here being so generous with their time and vacation schedule so as to provide us less fortunate fans with the opportunity to get a real autograph from Alizée, as well as provide us with recounts of their Parisian and other european travels and help keep us informed as to the "what, where, why, when, and how" of it all.

I extend my grateful feelings all of you who have reported back from the front lines.

I am living vicariously through all of your wonderful travels, descriptions and exploits.
Stephen