Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-17-2007, 06:27 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road
Default Alizé restaurant in Downtown Toronto

I was searching around the Internets today, and a search for Alizé (the liquor) along with Toronto yielded the Alizé Restaurant. I read a little about it, and it turned out to be located at Yongue and Eglinton. "Hey, that's close to my house," I exclaimed, and decided to check it out. I'm not one for fine dining, so I didn't actually go inside, but here are some pics:

From http://www.toronto.com/restaurants/listing/000-231-853:

Quote:
An intimate French-Italian eatery located at the heart of Yonge and Eglinton. A local hotspot with a bistro-style menu, Alize presents an inspired assortment of new creations and old classics. Expect warm and friendly service and reasonable prices. Open for brunch, lunch and dinner with catering and delivery available.
Hmm... French-Italian? Sorta like Corsica? Alizé from Corsica?
And yes, they sell Alizé martinis.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed that, because on the way there, one of my tooth fillings fell out, and it now hurts to eat or drink anything, including water. I guess I gotta love that health insurance...

Last edited by espire; 06-17-2007 at 06:29 PM..
Old 06-17-2007, 11:43 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

get yourself a yellow can of spray paint and go add another "e" at the end!
Old 06-17-2007, 11:45 PM
un jour une fois

Sounds like a plan to me! I'll report back at 2:00.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:48 PM
alizee >>> crack

Deus_Ex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Sounds like a plan to me! I'll report back at 2:00.
the restaurant owner better pay you because he'll most likely get more customers that way.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

There's a whole chain of "L'Alizé" cafés in France.

Got a slew of pics like this...
Old 06-18-2007, 01:02 PM
un jour une fois

Let's open an international mail-order restaurant that ships your food to you. It'll be the real Alizée restaurant!

Free single with orders over $50!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Fidčle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

I like it :-P

Maybe do some guerrilla adveratising this way. Grab some construction paper of matching color, and secretly add E's (and accent marks, where necessary) to all the "Alize" and "Alizé" signs :-P

It's just construction paper, so no damage done, but gets the idea out there :-P
Old 06-08-2011, 08:37 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I saw an opportunity to do a little promoting here. The original post is somewhat old so I searched through reviews and there are recent reviews so it looks like they are still in business. They have a website too. http://www.alizerestaurant.com/.

I decided to send them an e-mail questioning whether their restaurant was named after the trade wind Alize which blows through parts of Africa and the Cariebbean which I strongly suspect it is. Then I told them that there is a beautiful song named after that trade wind and is about a beuatiful singer also named after that trade wind. I suggested maybe they could play it in their restaurant and possibly make it their signature song.

I included a Youtube link to a video that has subtitles in case they don't speak French.

There is also a restaurant called Alize at the top of the Palms in Las Vegas. I was going to send them a similar e-mail but when ever I click on one of their e-mail addresses, I get an error and I think it's my desktop. Could someone else here try going to this web page and post an e-mail address if they find one.

http://andrelv.com/corporate/contact

It's a shot in the dark but at least worth a try.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-08-2011 at 09:06 AM..
Old 06-08-2011, 09:27 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I saw an opportunity to do a little promoting here. The original post is somewhat old so I searched through reviews and there are recent reviews so it looks like they are still in business. They have a website too. http://www.alizerestaurant.com/.

I decided to send them an e-mail questioning whether their restaurant was named after the trade wind Alize which blows through parts of Africa and the Cariebbean which I strongly suspect it is. Then I told them that there is a beautiful song named after that trade wind and is about a beuatiful singer also named after that trade wind. I suggested maybe they could play it in their restaurant and possibly make it their signature song.

I included a Youtube link to a video that has subtitles in case they don't speak French.

There is also a restaurant called Alize at the top of the Palms in Las Vegas. I was going to send them a similar e-mail but when ever I click on one of their e-mail addresses, I get an error and I think it's my desktop. Could someone else here try going to this web page and post an e-mail address if they find one.

http://andrelv.com/corporate/contact

It's a shot in the dark but at least worth a try.
Here are the contacts for the Gastronomy Management Group:

joseph@andrelv.com
tanya@andrelv.com
jana@andrelv.com

You might also want to try the Alizé's restaurant info@ as well:
info@alizelv.com

Unfortunately, I think it is difficult to sell the song "L'Alizé" for such a purpose because the word "alizé" is not obvious and might even be difficult to spot for people who do not speak French.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:47 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Well there are a few Alizé restaurants around the U.S. and Canada, but there is only one Alizée restaurant in Baltimore MD.

Alizée Baltimore

From the web site it looks like a very nice place.

Did someone say road trip to Baltimore for an Alizée America get together?

Last edited by ALS; 06-08-2011 at 09:52 AM..