Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Grand Rex Postponement Discussion (Merged)

This is the official explanation from http://www.kimaimemesuive.fr:

Quote:
ALIZEE vient d’être récompensée d’un Luna’s Award, l’équivalent de nos Victoires de la Musique, et devra se rendre fin octobre au Mexique pour la remise du trophée.

KI M’AIME ME SUIVE, producteur de la tournée, se voit donc contraint de décaler le concert prévu au Grand Rex du 23 octobre 2008 au samedi 28 mars 2009 dans la même salle et ceci dans un souci de cohérence avec la seconde partie de la tournée qui a été reportée début 2009.

La Production et l’Artiste s’excusent du désagrément occasionné par ce changement de date. Les billets restent valables à la date du report mais peuvent également être remboursés dans les points de vente si souhaité. ALIZEE proposera un rendez-vous réservé à ses fans d’ici à la fin de l’année.
Basically it's saying the date was rescheduled so she could attend an awards ceremony in Mexico. However, which one do they mean? There are three possibilities that I know of:

- MTVLA Awards on October 16th (the most important)
- Lunas del Auditorio on October 29th (the name matches. Ironic, it's an award for best concert!)
- Premios Oye 2008, date unknown (matches the "Victoires de la Musique" description)

Sooo...???

Regardless it's a terrible excuse, none are right on the 23rd. I'm sure low ticket sales are the real reason. Can't say how sick it makes me feel. I'm speechless, and really don't feel like spending more energy on her. I'll always be around, but with news like this...

It's just not worth going out of one's way to promote or do Alizée things anymore when we get so little in return. I won't point fingers, it doesn't matter who's at fault, that's just how it is. I'm out $1500 on this trip, but worse still is the wasted time and effort.

Last edited by Ben; 10-08-2008 at 06:17 PM..
Old 10-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFantôme View Post
This website states that Alizée has already won the Luna's award:
Zeus the president of Alizée México spoke to Sony and they told him she has not won a thing. So he's still waiting for more info about what's going on.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
This is the official explanation from http://www.kimaimemesuive.fr:

Basically it's saying the date was rescheduled so she could attend an awards ceremony in Mexico. However, which one do they mean? There are three possibilities that I know of:

- MTVLA Awards on October 16th (the most important)
- Lunas del Auditorio on October 29th (the name matches. Ironic, it's an award for best concert!)
- Premios Oye 2008, date unknown (matches the "Victoires de la Musique" description)

Sooo...???

Regardless it's a terrible excuse, none are right on the 23rd. I'm sure low ticket sales are the real reason. Can't say how sick it makes me feel. I'm speechless, and really don't feel like spending more energy on her. I'll always be around, but with news like this...

It's just not worth going out of one's way to promote or do Alizée things anymore when we get so little in return. I won't point fingers, it doesn't matter who's at fault, that's just how it is. I'm out $1500 on this trip, but worse still is the wasted time and effort.
^wow thats saying a lot coming from you, the man who puts so effort in for Alizee. Im sorry about your 1,500 bucks.
We all know now that a US tour is definitely out of the picture this year. You think Alizee is regretting splitting from Farmer?

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 10-09-2008, 12:22 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high on that last sentence....sorry to burst ur bubbles. But if it does go down, it makes more sense to do something on a smaller scale....but gettin invited is going to be another thing. How they determine that will probably leave many loyal fans out in the cold and heartbroken...again...
Bubbles burst? It may be possible to reschedule plane tickets or keep them up in the air (no pun intended) for up to a year in some cases. But we have to decide to still go for a fan meeting or if possible do that waiting in case March actually by some miracle works out. Oh how I would love to be contacted with a decent explanation of this and be invited to meet with Alizée at a time/place I can actually attend. That's not a bubble. It's a wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I can't help but to think the US and international fans are out in the cold on this one. She'll take care of her loyal French fans and of course she will be back in Mexico. But I guess I've never felt like we mattered that much to Alizée and/or her team, but I've enjoyed her music and performances all the same. It's the bittersweet aspect of being an Alizée fan from the USA...

Alizée could be cold hearted about this whole thing, or maybe she’s been crying her eyes out for the last 48 hours. She could be just casually brushing this whole incident off or she could be sick with grief over it. It's probably very hard for her to share with us her feelings, but I think she needs to do it.
She does need to share with us because it matters to us what she actually thinks.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 10-09-2008 at 12:25 AM..
Old 10-12-2008, 08:57 PM

techno_Millenium is on a distinguished road

What does her change of music companys has to do with the concert ????

Madonna changed music company too and her tour was not affected nor her "Hard candy" promotion. In fact she is already in Live Nation and Warner is still releasing a third single from the album. Contracts are to be made until the end. Probably this concert was organized by her previous music company. So why was it canceled? I'm sorry but for me that reason is far to be valid. And really, let's just wait to see her in Mexico receiving that award and we'll know the real truth about this canceled show. How i wish to be wrong!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Whatever else one may think of Madonna, and I don't think well of her generally, she is a polished professional of the first rank, and has enough clout that record companies tremble at the thought of her displeasure. Unfortunately, Her Grace is simply not in the High Priestess' league when it comes to fame, success, and influence. (Niceness, and remaining a human being instead of a diva, tell a different story.) I don't think the comparison is apt. As for the award in Mexico, whether she actually attends will tell us nothing. That reason is not credible, but that doesn't mean the award itself isn't real. If it is, that's still not believable as the reason the concert was rescheduled, and I for one refuse to accept it, or to be upset by it.

For now, I'm inclined to accept the explanation she gave that it's due to the confusion surrounding the change of management. (Thanks for clarifying my misunderstanding, folks.) I'm certain that's at least part of the reason. If there's another part, it may be something private that she would rather not share, and we should respect that.

It will be interesting to see what this thing is that she's got in the works. So far, when she's promised something she's delivered, although not always on time. So I'm sure she really does have something. Let's give it some time, and watch and see.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-12-2008, 09:44 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
It will be interesting to see what this thing is that she's got in the works. So far, when she's promised something she's delivered, although not always on time. So I'm sure she really does have something. Let's give it some time, and watch and see.
Rumor has it that some sort of video is being worked on. Key word is "rumor" as usual .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
update:

they are talking about the video, but I can;t fully understadn what is going on. SOmething about those images being posted just for the fans by the person who is in the video?? . .and that the video will not be seen?? People are questioning him, etc??

SOmeone fluent in French please go here and translate for us. MERCI!

http://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/m...io-t983-60.htm
Old 10-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
For now, I'm inclined to accept the explanation she gave that it's due to the confusion surrounding the change of management.
I don't think she was saying that's the reason the concert was changed, but rather why she can't protest it. Though it's a little unclear in the message.

The video thing is a misunderstanding too. Dbrisdereves was just saying one of the pics is from a video he took. What she's working on is something else.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:00 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Sro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techno25000 View Post
What does her change of music companys has to do with the concert ????

Madonna changed music company too and her tour was not affected nor her "Hard candy" promotion. In fact she is already in Live Nation and Warner is still releasing a third single from the album. Contracts are to be made until the end. Probably this concert was organized by her previous music company. So why was it canceled? I'm sorry but for me that reason is far to be valid. And really, let's just wait to see her in Mexico receiving that award and we'll know the real truth about this canceled show. How i wish to be wrong!!!!
Techno2500 has a very good point. Even if her music company or management or whatever has been changed, they would not have canceled the concert if it was sold out.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:31 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Techno2500 has a very good point. Even if her music company or management or whatever has been changed, they would not have canceled the concert if it was sold out.
Without knowing the contractual arrangements between the old and new, it's hard to say. If the concert was "arranged" under old management, what was the contractual responsibility, risk, and profit/cost split between old and new. Although I'm sure ticket sales were a factor, I wouldn't doubt if contractual loose ends didn't play a part as well. In fact, this would make the award ceremony story more believable. Perhaps the decision to scrub the concert and focus on the award ceremony wasn't a timing clash between the two, but a contract clash.

Of course this is just wild speculation. But my point is there are many clashes that can occur when management changes hands.