Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 10-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
The guy who posted that message, dbrisdereves - I saw him at the autograph session in Paris, and in France everyone knows him as one of the most prominent Mylene Farmer fans (you can see him a lot in the front row of her last concert DVD). So I have no reason to doubt his story.
Wow, my brain must really be in limp mode these last few days. I didn't even make the connection even though I knew I had seen him before and I own that DVD. Thanks Snatcher...
Old 10-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

This can explain why the move to reschedule the concert, perhaps, but I'm a little confused still about one thing. I know she's changed record labels, but why does that occasion a complete change in management, except to the extent that the record label is responsible for promotion to a degree?

I was under the impression that Alizée's team was managed not by RCA but by Jérémy and Sylvain Carpentier working together. Is that no longer true? Or was it ever true?

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
This can explain why the move to reschedule the concert, perhaps, but I'm a little confused still about one thing. I know she's changed record labels, but why does that occasion a complete change in management, except to the extent that the record label is responsible for promotion to a degree?

I was under the impression that Alizée's team was managed not by RCA but by Jérémy and Sylvain Carpentier working together. Is that no longer true? Or was it ever true?
Jeremy and Sylvain, alot with Oxmo Puccino, Daniel Darc, Jean Farque and Michael-Ives Kotchman...only provide the creative collaboration for songs/lyrics/composition on her Psychedelices Album. They were never considered her "management". It will always be a team from the record label who has overall management of the artist.

Being that she is under Jive/Epic now, a reorganization is in order....which takes time. Other artists previously under RCA are most likely going through the same thing.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Jeremy and Sylvain, alot with Oxmo Puccino, Daniel Darc, Jean Farque and Michael-Ives Kotchman...only provide the creative collaboration for songs/lyrics/composition on her Psychedelices Album. They were never considered her "management". It will always be a team from the record label who has overall management of the artist.

Being that she is under Jive/Epic now, a reorganization is in order....which takes time. Other artists previously under RCA are most likely going through the same thing.
I agree. I think Alizée, Jérémy and Sylvain had complete control over how the album was done because I’m guessing they did the whole thing at their own expense before hooking up with a label. Beyond that point I think it’s a different story.

When Alizée first returned there was a lot of talk about her separating from MF/LB, becoming independent and taking charge of her own career. My guess is that this gave the public the impression that she had much more control than is really the case. When she signed her contracts, the company or companies involved probably assumed much more control than we thought and she has basically been doing whatever she’s been told all along. It wouldn’t surprise me if she has lost even more control with this management change. I don’t know if that’s good or bad. I suppose it depends on who is capable of doing the best job. It sure could use improving from what it has been, especially in the area of promotion.

Bringing a finished product to a record company is not the norm. I assumed maybe her contract was also not the norm. But knowing record companies and their desire to own and control everything, it wouldn’t surprise me if she had to bow to most their demands in order to get a deal.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Yeah. For example with the closing of RCA, one of her managers that I met at the autograph session (Steve) was out of a job. Fortunately, he found new work at Columbia Records.

Last edited by Ben; 10-12-2008 at 05:58 PM..
Old 10-12-2008, 10:37 PM

wolfram0790 is on a distinguished road

Well I hope to see her soon again. MTV awards are around the corner... I wonder if she'll win.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:44 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default regarding Lunas award

Well it would be pretty hard to have a pile of money sitting on the desk from good concert ticket sales and give it back hoping people will come some other day. And again, the two are 6 days apart and I really don't think anyone except the awards committee knows the winners yet. Check it out:

Lunas del Auditorio: http://www.lunasauditorio.com.mx/ind...main&cID=25,51

Pop en lengua extranjera: http://www.lunasauditorio.com.mx/ind...main&cID=1,420

nominados 2008:
Air Supply
Alizeé
Avril Lavigne
Backstreet Boys
Bright Eyes
Electric Light Orchestra
Erasure
Gwen Stefani
Hilary Duff
Jonas Brothers
Joss Stone
Keane
Kenny G
Liza Minnelli
Michael Bolton

The awards presentation ceremony will be held October 29th and conducted by Rebecca de Alba and Juan Manuel Bernal: http://www.lunasauditorio.com.mx/ind...&cID=26,27,427

Alizée is going up against Michael Bolton. That's just not right. That no talent ass-clown better not win. (sorry couldn't resist) (for foreigners, that's a reference to the movie Office Space, though explaining kind of kills the joke)

Merci Fanny
Old 10-13-2008, 01:54 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Michael Bolton?
Oh there goes the middle-aged females.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfram0790 View Post
Well I hope to see her soon again. MTV awards are around the corner... I wonder if she'll win.
If anyone else but her wins the award, I will annihilate them. I sacrificed a week and a half of free time, 44 hours of sleep, and 2 weeks of good health for her... And while I would do it for her regardless, if ANYONE has the gall to take that award from her, I will make every second of the short remainder of their life feel like an eternity of sanity-tearing agony.

P.S. Can we add an even angrier face? The red frown fails to convey my rage.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

^ I really like the Evil .gif smiley from AF.
That and Twisted.