Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
By the way, I don't know if anyone ever figured out what happened with comments getting deleted from her mySpace, but it occurs to me another possibility is that her account was "compromised". It wouldn't be the first time I think. I once received a non-Alizée related spam looking bulletin from her account. I sent a message back to let her know that the account appeared to have been taken over.
I hve never got one of those messages from her so idk. I hate these pr**ks who ruin it for everyone else. Efing spam your mothers a$* don't take over someones myspace.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I hve never got one of those messages from her so idk. I hate these pr**ks who ruin it for everyone else. Efing spam your mothers a$* don't take over someones myspace.
Are you talking about those Mexican fans that have comments longer than the Amazon River and text larger than Chris Farley's stomach?
Old 08-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

no they can be annoying but I'm not talking about them. Im talking about the people who hack pages to spam the whole freakin world!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 08-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Lilly Town San Francisco!

Well New York City isn't the only town getting a dose of Alizée (Better late than never eh?)

It is finally time to hit the west coast of the US

I began the campaign the previous weekend by placing several business cards (see image below) In many places throughout the heart of the city (e.g the union square area, market st. area, which include the virgin megastore and various restaurants) This was for the most part, a trial run to scope out even more areas to promote Lili. This coming weekend I will be hitting the heart of the city once again and expanding to different neighborhoods throughout the city. (and this time take at least one... picture... )

Here are the items I will be dropping and handing out...

* Business cards on the left (Front and back)

* The CD's : Track listing...
1. Par Les Paupières
2. Lilly Town
3. Mon Taxi Driver
4. La Isla Bonita
5. Mademoiselle Juliette
6. Fifty Sixty
7. Mademoiselle Juliette (Push Up Plump DJ's Remix)

I wanted to concentrate on Psychédélices rather then mix songs from all the albums. And all tracks are only about a min and a half except for the remix which is about two and a half min.

* The Posters on the right (Some of which are printed on Sticker Paper to prevent easy removal )

And yes... I am planning to "infiltrate" Yelle's concert in SF on october 31st to bring some of their fans on over to our side

Yes, it will take a lot more work, but in the long run if I at least get some new fans here, it'll be worth it.

Last edited by Amigo!; 08-29-2008 at 12:32 AM..
Old 08-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo!
And yes... I am planning to "infiltrate" Yelle's concert in SF on october 31st to bring some of their fans on over to our side
Mission Objective:
Infiltrate Yelle's (French artist) concert, kidnap and/or convert concertgoers, and free the Tiger from the zoo.
Mission Notes:
Keep aware for bodyguards, crazed kung-fu fighting fans, and stinky wet noodles. Remain incognito under the name Slim Cognito.
Available Tools:
Volkswagen 60's Beetle, with gold rims and jet engine, AK-47 replica that shoots no bullets but makes the exact firing sound instead, tear gas, Alizée items, plastic sword (made in China), and an iPod for occasional entertainment purposes.

Good luck agent, do not fail me!
-Commissioner General
Old 08-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I've been using the disc drop method in my area. So far I've dropped about a dozen CDs in the last 2 weeks. I just copied Snatcher's design and track layout. I hope to keep it up at a steady pace.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Talking TheBarrett = 007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Mission Objective:
Infiltrate Yelle's (French artist) concert, kidnap and/or convert concertgoers, and free the Tiger from the zoo.
Mission Notes:
Keep aware for bodyguards, crazed kung-fu fighting fans, and stinky wet noodles. Remain incognito under the name Slim Cognito.
Available Tools:
Volkswagen 60's Beetle, with gold rims and jet engine, AK-47 replica that shoots no bullets but makes the exact firing sound instead, tear gas, Alizée items, plastic sword (made in China), and an iPod for occasional entertainment purposes.

Good luck agent, do not fail me!
-Commissioner General
You make it sound as if you're experienced at this sort of thing
Old 08-28-2008, 12:05 AM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

The revolution begins! If we just give it time, chances are, this will work out. Here's my theory: some of Alizée's allure comes from the "mystery" one perceives upon first discovering her. Most of us saw her first on youtube, and if I'm not mistaken, the fact that she was this French girl who had stunning foreign looks and sang in a different language (far more beautiful than English) contributed to the urge to find out more about her. In other words, the fact that she was so distant culturally was a major drawing factor. I don't know if I'm making any sense, but I feel that "discovering" Alizée is what leads to one becoming her fan.

I think that's why its so difficult to get your friends and family to feel the way you do about her - the process of discovery must be self-instigated. It's like if someone tells you a painting is beautiful and then shows you the painting, pointing out every detail that makes it beautiful to him. If instead you are able to see the painting yourself and think entirely your own thoughts rather than those someone else has placed in your mind, you might find it beautiful for your own reasons.

Anyway, I am just rambling now, so time to wrap up. I think leaving little business cards and posters everywhere is a very good idea, because its not like you're shoving her music and persona down everyone's throat (as I'm guilty of doing on many accounts with my friends), but rather retain some of that "mystery" that I think is very important for conversion.

Wow, what began as a mere two sentence post evolved spontaneously into a great, rambling, sprawling mess in which I compared Lili to a painting . I have only myself to blame.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

You're right though, mavsluver. I've been trying to go for a slightly cryptic "what is this?" feel with all the LTNY stuff. In fact, that's part of the reason for the whole name and "branding" of it. Anyway, looking really good there Amigo! The CD is especially pro!
Old 08-28-2008, 05:44 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
The revolution begins! If we just give it time, chances are, this will work out. Here's my theory: some of Alizée's allure comes from the "mystery" one perceives upon first discovering her. Most of us saw her first on youtube, and if I'm not mistaken, the fact that she was this French girl who had stunning foreign looks and sang in a different language (far more beautiful than English) contributed to the urge to find out more about her. In other words, the fact that she was so distant culturally was a major drawing factor. I don't know if I'm making any sense, but I feel that "discovering" Alizée is what leads to one becoming her fan.

I think that's why its so difficult to get your friends and family to feel the way you do about her - the process of discovery must be self-instigated. It's like if someone tells you a painting is beautiful and then shows you the painting, pointing out every detail that makes it beautiful to him. If instead you are able to see the painting yourself and think entirely your own thoughts rather than those someone else has placed in your mind, you might find it beautiful for your own reasons.

Anyway, I am just rambling now, so time to wrap up. I think leaving little business cards and posters everywhere is a very good idea, because its not like you're shoving her music and persona down everyone's throat (as I'm guilty of doing on many accounts with my friends), but rather retain some of that "mystery" that I think is very important for conversion.

Wow, what began as a mere two sentence post evolved spontaneously into a great, rambling, sprawling mess in which I compared Lili to a painting . I have only myself to blame.
Yes, I think you might be right about that. All the French know Alizee at least after some reminding, but like with a guy last night who was pretty amazed that I was such a fan and coming from so far away, he just thought of Moi... Lolita and what had been a huge buzz in France. I explained that we didn't get any of that here and didn't associate Alizée with having a bunch of little girls as fans. So, it was different for me.

Also, not understanding what she was saying, one much search that out. That leads one to sights like this where everyone loves Alizée and wants to discuss in detail the meanings of her songs and such (or at least when I came around). So, the fan community is also what made me such a fan. I didn't go buy her albums, very expensive compared to American music, the first week I found her. And, if she had made her come back and had a concert within the first few months, I doubt I would have gone. But within several months after that time I was ready to go to a concert under any circumstances and even get a tattoo of Alizée. After seeing the collection of Cooney, I wanted to buy every new bit of merchandise put out, and pretty much have, not that there's been much really, but between the French stuff, magazines, and foreign magazines, it's over a hundred items (and then there's the older stuff).

So, great fans maybe have to feel like they are taking it upon themselves to do this thing, but must also be built. Of course, any kind of adoring fan is all we want here and lots of them.

Finally, I think the examples you guys are setting are really going to be what gets a lot of people going. It's not that hard yet. It's just that people didn't know where the "bar" was.

Merci Fanny