Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road
Default CFHollister moving Off Topic discussion here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Hey Hollister, how the hell are ya ? ! ? ! ? !
It's nice to see you back, and I hope you'll be around more often.
You have a lot of catching up to do...
Thanks, I do have a lot to catch up on. Hopefully I can do that a little at a time so that I don't have to feel like such a huge ignorant SOB all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Hey I waited weeks for a respone before removing you, smeghead!
Good to see ya! New album around October-ish, yup, should be interesting!
Yeah, I don't mind being removed at all. I definitely deserve a "probationary period" . But we'll see... If I successfully reintegrate into forum life here, than maybe I'll be up to resuming my old duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
Welcome back CFH. Now, where's the rest of that Washington crew? October, yay!
I'm not sure where Cooney is at. Actually I have his phone number and could give him a call to see what's up (and what's up with his massive Alizée collection; some of you know what I'm talking about ). Not really this year, but in the past I have invited him to a couple non-Alizée concerts at *La Crème Brûlée, but he hasn't been able to come. I see Tracy every month or so at La Crème Brûlée and it actually because of him that we fairly recently had a virtual concert showing of Les Enfoirés 2009... so there's one major Alizée item I'm up to date on

*For those not in-the-know, a local French restaurant where Tracy and I hosted an Alizée birthday extravaganza in 2007 which saw, rwd716 (Idaho at the time), Cooney, me, Tracy, fsquared (Oregon), nurvonic (Florida), c-dawg777, and Roman (California), and enough friends and family to fill the restaurant gather for a buffet and virtual Alizée concert. It was truly awesome, especially being able to show Alizée herself pictures of the party and everything we'd done for her and then got to tell all of France about it in TV interview at the December autograph signing that year.

**Ben, what happened to that E! video of the signing that features RMJ and me. I'd really like that to make it back in the video section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I think I was just old enough to know who CFH is.
Welcome back then "Cowboy-From" Hollister.
LOL, Actually the "CF" in CFHollister is a shortening of "Captain Frank"... the illustrious captain of the Jupiter Mining Corporation ship Red Dwarf from the britcom of the same name. I don't know how many of you know Red Dwarf, but I certainly know Ben does; pfft... "smeghead"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Hi CF. Welcome back. I was wondering what had happened to you.
My guess is we will not hear much until the August vactions are over. Then it should get interesting fairly quickly.
Well a few things "happened" to me. One was to meet Alizée, face to face, and suddenly I didn't need videos to see the most beautiful images of la plus belle femme du monde anymore... I just had to close my eyes and remember... And that was hard to relate to people. Also, up to me becoming inactive, I had been a *very* active member, heaping praise upon Alizée and pointing out the thousands of things to love about her. It took a solid year, but I finally felt like I had gotten everything I needed to say "off my chest." Everything I had said about Alizée was still true, but I had finally alleviated the burning need inside to tell everyone on a daily basis, and I started to feel like a broken record, and/or that the first time I had commented on the aspect captured my views the best, and to repeat wouldn't be as good. Finally, after Phychédélicés, with Alizée being older and more mature then before, and among the stylistic differences, and discussion about sales and whatnot, there was an increasing drone of detractors, and I didn't like the "negative energy" it stirred in me to read it, or to confront (or refrain from confronting) it. Not trying to sound overly arrogant here, but the music in Psychédélices was excellent though different for Alizée (but now finally *hers*), and I'd met her, seen her, spoken to her, and I f*ing knew better than the detractors, and dealing with them and my feelings about them just wasn't something I wanted to deal with every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Wow, Josh. Never thought I'd hear from you again. I have many times thought about you and Cooney. Those were the days man, those were the days.
What can I say? The world is a different shade.
Josh, I'm glad you are doing well.
Sorry mods. Move our little discussion if necessary.
Roman, yeah, those were the days... But you seeing the world in "a different shade" was/is very saddening to me. I hope you understand my meaning. Angels are busy people too

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
ohmygod. you were able to do that??
i wish i had the money to pull that off...
Yes, I did... and yes, it was amazing beyond description. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do it this time again. But I remain hopeful I will meet her again.

Last edited by CFHollister; 07-22-2009 at 08:08 PM..
Old 07-22-2009, 04:40 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome back from everyone. I've started a new thread in Off Topic to respond to everyone addressing me and get this topic back on track
Old 07-22-2009, 06:37 PM
A 19 KILLA

vercingetorix is on a distinguished road
Smile hehehe

your back CFHollister... i kinda missed u...u just kinda dissappeard after we went to that alizee gathering last year...Anyways welcome buddy...
Old 07-22-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vercingetorix View Post
your back CFHollister... i kinda missed u...u just kinda dissappeard after we went to that alizee gathering last year...Anyways welcome buddy...
Yeah, I know. I've always felt bad about disapearing on ya' like that. Still down at the armory?... I actually unearthed the old phone number I had for you when I cleared of my desk a couple weeks ago.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:07 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett
I think I was just old enough to know who CFH is.
Welcome back then "Cowboy-From" Hollister.
I think CFHollister disappeared just before I joined.

Anyway, I'm glad that you came back, it's nice to see more and more fans coming back, even if it is just to say hi.

Welcome Back dude .
Old 07-22-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
I think CFHollister disappeared just before I joined.

Anyway, I'm glad that you came back, it's nice to see more and more fans coming back, even if it is just to say hi.

Welcome Back dude .
Hopefully it more than "just to say 'hi'", but on my last attempt to jump back into the swing of things here I didn't follow through so well
Old 07-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Hopefully it more than "just to say 'hi'", but on my last attempt to jump back into the swing of things here I didn't follow through so well
Let's not let history repeat itself Captain Cowboy.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
LOL, Actually the "CF" in CFHollister is a shortening of "Captain Frank"... the illustrious captain of the Jupiter Mining Corporation ship Red Dwarf from the britcom of the same name. I don't know how many of you know Red Dwarf, but I certainly know Ben does; pfft... "smeghead"
Speaking of which, have you seen the new episodes, Back to Earth? I thought they were fantastic!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:34 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Stick around, hang out in the chat or off-topic if nothing else. It'd be nice to have some of the old guard back around.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Speaking of which, have you seen the new episodes, Back to Earth? I thought they were fantastic!
No I haven't you lucky smeghead!... I haven't found them and I didn't think there were region 1 DVDs out yet. Crap!... do you know where I can get a hold of those?