Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-21-2007, 01:47 AM
485 Internet points!

Solaris is on a distinguished road

"Well, I wouldn't upgrade to the HD-280, as those are far too bassy for my liking. Also, if I'm given much of a choice, I take open-back headphones over closed ones." Espire

First- any real machine you use has bass options
Second- I have heard orchestraic music on my headphones and you can hear the pluck of a violin and nothing is diminished due to bass. (to die for)

PS Just giving you my personal experience. Also they should be allowed a 30 min burn in for good measure.( I think...I just do that with all my headphones )

[9:59] [Solaris] here comes marik!
[Alizée Bar and Grill]: marik has entered at 9:59
[9:59] [Bill Seals] OH shite
[9:59] [Solaris] I TOLD YOU
[9:59] [Chommpers] mind powers

Last edited by Solaris; 10-21-2007 at 01:56 AM.. Reason: Qoute crapped on me!!
Old 10-21-2007, 02:07 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
First- any real machine you use has bass options
Second- I have heard orchestraic music on my headphones and you can hear the pluck of a violin and nothing is diminished due to bass. (to die for)

PS Just giving you my personal experience. Also they should be allowed a 30 min burn in for good measure.( I think...I just do that with all my headphones )
Well, I'm not saying that the extensive bass on the HD-280 Pro makes it a bad pair of headphones, it is quite on the contrary. It is able to put out a lot of bass without muddling up, or interfering with the other frequencies. However, it is just a bit too much for my liking, I prefer bass to be quite low.

Regarding burn-in, I'm of the opinion that burn-in is a placebo which was made so that people could take some more time to decide whether they're comfortable with their investment, but if you do want to burn-in just in case, you should be doing it for about 200 hours, not a half-hour. Also, you don't need to wait while you do it, burn-in is performed simply by using the headphones as they were intended to be used.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:27 AM
485 Internet points!

Solaris is on a distinguished road

To be honest I threw the burn in remark not knowing what the hell I was talking about. XD

[9:59] [Solaris] here comes marik!
[Alizée Bar and Grill]: marik has entered at 9:59
[9:59] [Bill Seals] OH shite
[9:59] [Solaris] I TOLD YOU
[9:59] [Chommpers] mind powers
Old 10-21-2007, 02:35 AM
un jour une fois

Quote:
To be honest I threw the burn in remark not knowing what the hell I was talking about. XD
Not a problem, I enjoy reading every post on this forum, on the condition that it is punctuated, spelled and capitalized properly. The context itself and its variety is the real gem

But I suppose I burn my headphones in too, just only as I listen to them
Old 10-21-2007, 03:23 AM
I love you lili

Dylan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That is why you are retarded. End of story. PERIOD
no I just dont waste my money on shit I dont need
Old 10-21-2007, 04:02 AM
Old Geezer & Music Critic

AmericanFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
Well I'm using a pair of Bose Triport headphones currently. I was never really too concerned with hardcore audio quality as much until I started listening to Alizée, so the Bose is my first upgrade from default Ipod earpieces.

Espire later educated me that I could of bought much better for the 150$ I spent on my Bose, and after some additional research that I should of done before I bought them, I learned he was right...Curse Bose and their relentless marketing hype that I fell into!

But I still love them. The quality jump from what I was using before is of course amazing, and because I haven't heard anything better yet, I don't know what I'm missing.

It will probably be about another year until I throw down some mad cash and get a higher end pair of Sennheisers.
Excellent choice on the BOSE. I don't think you can do much better without spending MUCH more. I agree they are a bit "over the top" with the marketing BS but most of their products are great.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:30 AM

ZachLovesAlizée is on a distinguished road

i just use an old creative zen nano (its what i had before my zen z plus, and what i have to use now that i cant tell where i am on the zen z plus cause the screen died) and some 30 dolar over the ear rca headphones
still trying to get a good mp3 player, think im gonna get a zune 80 for christmas.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:05 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Good Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanFan View Post
Excellent choice on the BOSE. I don't think you can do much better without spending MUCH more. I agree they are a bit "over the top" with the marketing BS but most of their products are great.
I 2nd that. Hey Calisto, your upgrade can make you become an audio junkie like a lot of us if you are not careful. First, it's the speaker upgrade, then cables, power, new house, dedicated room, isolated electric power...etc. Before you know it, you could have bought plane ticket and seen Alizee in concert!

Upgrading is better than where you were. Think of it that way, you got what you paid for. Sounds like you are happy, that's super. You're that much closer to the real thing.

I wonder how much it would cost for Lili to whisper Gourmandises in my ear

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post

I wonder how much it would cost for Lili to whisper Gourmandises in my ear
Probably your soul, if you found the right dealer.... I think RAM has a few connections

What kind of speakers would you recommend for listen to music out and about? I don't really want overly intrusive giant noice cancelling ones, just something with decent sound quality, so I can hear Lili in the best possible way.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:22 PM
un jour une fois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
What kind of speakers would you recommend for listen to music out and about? I don't really want overly intrusive giant noice cancelling ones, just something with decent sound quality, so I can hear Lili in the best possible way.
By speakers, I'm guessing you mean headphones

In that case, you need to decide what kind of headphones you want, and how much you're willing to pay.

Your choices on types are probably these:
1) Earbuds
2) Circum-aural (go around the ear)
3) Supra-aural (go on top of the ear)
4) In-ear monitors (have foam buds and go right inside your ear canal)

Now you've just got to decide how much money you can shell out for headphones. The giant ones are generally the circum-aural headphones, and supra-aural ranges from small clip-on headphones to ones just as big as circum-aural ones.

A recommendation for very inexpensive headphones starts with the Koss KSC-75, coming in at about $25 USD. They're supra-aural clips, and are world-renowned for being incredible at that price. Another great pair for $50-$75 USD is the Grado S60, another supra-aural pair with a headband. This takes sound quality much farther.

If you make what you're going for specific, I can recommend more specifically as well.