Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-17-2008, 01:30 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I have to remember what movie you ripped that line off from, it was baseball related, I just know it.
Field of Dreams

The theme was guidance. Baseball was just the vehicle.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:02 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I wouldn’t wait for Alizée or her people to make the first move. They didn’t in Mexico. As I said before, I don’t think Alizée’s sales have been strong enough to bankroll a promotion in the US. I don’t know what her contract looks like, but typically some or all of these expenses are recovered from the artist’s cut. I don’t think anyone here wants her to risk her money. Like Mexico, it will require the fans to do the up-front work.

There are inexpensive things that Team Alizée could do to help, though. These have been discussed before, like getting her on some TV shows here. They could contact the US fan websites and simply tell us what needs to be accomplished to get her here or maybe give a little marketing and promo advice. Of course Sony/BMG could do something really cool like have Alizée record a duet with one of their popular artists in the US.
OK true so she doesn't have to spend a ton of money and risk it. She can come her and do a low budget signing. Would cost her barley anything and she has the opportunity to see how many fans she has and even make more fans in the process.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-17-2008, 07:19 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

put this on a show such as pimp my ride?

not sure what the offroading show like it is but that one would be perfect

Old 07-17-2008, 07:30 AM
Tical 808

That Alizeemobile looks sweeeet. Who wouldn't want to ride in that?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:52 AM

ggin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
one thing she definitely has to improve: her singing
i'm sorry but it is her weakest aspect when compared to how she sang at age 15 she has drastically worsened
Sorry, tbailey. I have to take issue with this one.

She sounded amazing in Mexico. Her voice was incredible. It was as good if not better than the studio recordings. I hope that there is someday a professional recording released from these concerts like they did for En Concert. Unfortunately, none of the stuff on the web has even come close to how it really sounded.

Maybe the style of the new songs do not exploit her range and depth that the old ones did, but make no mistake about it. Alizée can still sing great!

My signature and Avatar courtesy of the lovely and talented Amelie!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggin View Post
Sorry, tbailey. I have to take issue with this one.

She sounded amazing in Mexico. Her voice was incredible. It was as good if not better than the studio recordings. I hope that there is someday a professional recording released from these concerts like they did for En Concert. Unfortunately, none of the stuff on the web has even come close to how it really sounded.

Maybe the style of the new songs do not exploit her range and depth that the old ones did, but make no mistake about it. Alizée can still sing great!
Exactly, you can't judge her voice unless you have been right infront of her at those concerts in mexico, and she sounded awesome. I'll never forget it
Old 07-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think it’s clear that if Alizée was in a vocal duel with some of our top singers in the USA, she would lose. But I’m not looking for the winner of a contest and that’s not what I’m looking for in an artist like Alizée. The sound or tonal quality of her voice really resonates with me. She is attractive and seems like the kind of person you would really like to meet and get to know. I connect with her on a level that I don’t with other artists who may have more vocal skills. All this makes her a compelling artist.

A song like “Sounds of Silence” doesn’t demonstrate vocal prowess nor does it contain impressive instrumental solos. But it can touch your heart deeply. I think the same is true with Alizée. Having said all that, I agree that Alizée should still continue to practice and improve her vocal skills. Not to compete with others, but to continue to enhance her own style and on-stage performances. As long as she touches people and exudes a confidence in what she is doing, people will overlook minor imperfections. It’s easier to be a “voice of the people” if you don’t sound like a well oiled vocal machine.

I love to hear great singers show off their talents and I like to hear blazing instrumental solos and intricate timings and arrangements. My mind finds it amazing. But I also have an emotional need in music and it is nicely filled by Alizée. She amazes my heart. More often than not, that is the music that lives on in our lives. I wouldn’t be an admirer of Alizée if I thought she didn’t deserve it. I just hope that if or when more Americans become aware of her, that many will feel the same way. It’s apparently obvious to those who saw her in concert that she can really reach out and touch your heart.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think it’s clear that if Alizée was in a vocal duel with some of our top singers in the USA, she would lose. But I’m not looking for the winner of a contest and that’s not what I’m looking for in an artist like Alizée. The sound or tonal quality of her voice really resonates with me. She is attractive and seems like the kind of person you would really like to meet and get to know. I connect with her on a level that I don’t with other artists who may have more vocal skills. All this makes her a compelling artist.

A song like “Sounds of Silence” doesn’t demonstrate vocal prowess nor does it contain impressive instrumental solos. But it can touch your heart deeply. I think the same is true with Alizée. Having said all that, I agree that Alizée should still continue to practice and improve her vocal skills. Not to compete with others, but to continue to enhance her own style and on-stage performances. As long as she touches people and exudes a confidence in what she is doing, people will overlook minor imperfections. It’s easier to be a “voice of the people” if you don’t sound like a well oiled vocal machine.

I love to hear great singers show off their talents and I like to hear blazing instrumental solos and intricate timings and arrangements. My mind finds it amazing. But I also have an emotional need in music and it is nicely filled by Alizée. She amazes my heart. More often than not, that is the music that lives on in our lives. I wouldn’t be an admirer of Alizée if I thought she didn’t deserve it. I just hope that if or when more Americans become aware of her, that many will feel the same way. It’s apparently obvious to those who saw her in concert that she can really reach out and touch your heart.

I agree completely. Resonance should have importance over quality.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 AM

ggin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I agree that Alizée should still continue to practice and improve her vocal skills. Not to compete with others, but to continue to enhance her own style and on-stage performances.
Absolutely. I hope that she continues to share her beautiful voice with us for many years to come. And she will need to keep that voice in tip-top shape to do that.

Quote:
It’s apparently obvious to those who saw her in concert that she can really reach out and touch your heart.
She can and it is life changing. Find a way to see her perform and you will never forget it!

My signature and Avatar courtesy of the lovely and talented Amelie!
Old 07-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

If only I had the resources for international travel... Why did I have to be born in the US? I hate this country so much... Oh well, I'll just continue my toiling to make US soil a viable place to plant the seed of Alizée's grace.