Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I think this idea has merit...
I first joined joined AAm, we had a member that worked for a radio station, was playing Alizée's music, and downloads of his radio broadcasts were actually where I first heard song from Alizée's first to albums (esp. Gourmandises) for the very first time, before buying the albums myself (crap, his handle is just on the tip of my brain but I can't remember right now ).

Again, there's the sticky question of "how much does this sort of thing cost?"

The college radio route would probably be much cheaper (potentially free?) plus access would be much easier. I think there are a fair number of us that are either in college right now or have an alma mater with a radio station we might be willing to approach (in college I even had friends that worked for my university's radio station and getting something played may have been quite easy). Also college students are generally a niche market that are probably more receptive to niche forms of music, seeking and developing cross-cultural interests, and technologically savvy enough to then find their way to AAm and purchase her music for download via iTunes, etc. So I think there are a lot of advantages on the college radio side, enough where we might be able to see small returns relatively quickly. Of course the main disadvantage is that college radio is itself a niche.

As for what major cities we might target, and think Seattle (biggest city locally for me) and/or Portland, Oregon (trust me, a city that prides itself on being a little "different," a fact made plain to me by listening to the radio there ) might be good choices. Another interesting choice may be New Orleans, a city that takes a certain pride in its French heritage.