Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Eh... whatever... I wouldn't worry.
To me, seems like a group of people that were really more just fans of the image of Alizée rather than the woman Alizée. If Soshi is offered as a replacement, this becomes obvious.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:20 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
To me, seems like a group of people that were really more just fans of the image of Alizée rather than the woman Alizée.
Are we all not a fan of an image? It is just a matter of what image it is that we are here for. Some are here for the physical image, others for the image that she portrays through her music and interviews, but I can assure you that no one is here for her true nonphysical image. I know for a fact that all of the fellas in question here were here in the start for more than the physical.

Quote:
If Soshi is offered as a replacement, this becomes obvious.
It would probably be best that you do not speak of which you do not know. I myself am not deeply into Soshi, I like them however. Anywho they are a far better role model on and off stage. Reactions like this is why some of these fine fellas are leaving in the first place, it's plain as day in djwise's post, and I find it most disturbing that it is coming from a mod in this case. There is always gonna be another artist with qualities that the fan in question admires for one reason or another, please try to know about such things before blindly saying they just like them for the "image" (as I assume you are speaking of the physical image).

Regards,

Jung

Old 04-23-2010, 01:23 AM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

VVVA whether Alizée America is dying or not, has nothing to do with these characters leaving I assure you. Some of these guys stayed here this long for their own reasons, and it wasn't to enhance Alizée America, read their posts. Also some were here to recruit members to join them in other forums, they obviously succeeded to some degree and have moved on, good for them. I'm also glad those that followed were kind enough and honest to tell everyone how they really felt.

Although there's still some that are lingering here just because they can obviously, but not because they respect Alizée or Alizée America. It's quite ok if you don't like her music no one is forcing you to do so, but there's absolutely no honor in hanging around posting negative comments every chance you get about the artist you no longer like.

By the way, no one is more narrow minded then someone who expects others to see or feel like they do. We all have our own tastes and that's what makes us different. That's what got us here in the first place, and what will make us leave eventually, our own taste ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwise View Post
Not to ruin such a heartfelt post, but in my time here, I've been in disbelief at some of the ignorance, close-mindedness, and unwilling acceptance for others who didn't appreciate the favored artist of this forum. That was partly to blame for my lack of posting in the main forum, because I was completely put off by this close-minded obsessiveness.
You guys realize the favored artist of this forum is Alizée right, hence Alizée America ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
It would probably be best that you do not speak of which you do not know. I myself am not deeply into Soshi, I like them however. Anywho they are a far better role model on and off stage. Reactions like this is why some of these fine fellas are leaving in the first place, it's plain as day in djwise's post, and I find it most disturbing that it is coming from a mod in this case. There is always gonna be another artist with qualities that the fan in question admires for one reason or another, please try to know about such things before blindly saying they just like them for the "image" (as I assume you are speaking of the physical image).
WTF are you saying Jung, that CFH shouldn't voice his own opinion even though he's a mod ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
As far as all these people leaving, I personally don't know why they even stayed as long as they did, they were all like-minded people in the wrong place. (and I mean that in a positive way)
Finally a quote that makes sense here, I agree with this 100%

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 04-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I think everyone should just leave this as is...............
People are leaving, like and respect them like myself; then just say good bye
Dislike them then celebrate their departure.... what else is there to say? There is no need to argue because they have clearly stated they are not going to post anymore!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:23 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
WTF are you saying Jung, that CFH shouldn't voice his own opinion even though he's a mod ??
Not what I am saying at all. Sometimes you make me smile.

Regards,

Jung

Old 04-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To me, seems like a group of people that were really more just fans of the image of Alizée rather than the woman Alizée.
I don't think that's it at all, most of them, especially Barrett, were real fans of her for a really long time.

And Soshi, as Jung was talking about, certainly are a more-than-competent group that have work ethic. I'm sorry, but Alizee does not try very hard, and maybe I should be crediting her songwriters rather than her for my fandom, as they give her the image, she did little by herself to earn it.

As far as all these people leaving, I personally don't know why they even stayed as long as they did, they were all like-minded people in the wrong place. (and I mean that in a positive way)

I remain a fan because of the music, and, though not rightfully, the image that the music and her have presented to me.

Last edited by ImRawdg; 04-22-2010 at 09:37 PM..
Old 04-23-2010, 03:50 AM

tern is on a distinguished road

Well said, Brent, the post I've written out below kinda goes along with yours on a different bent.

~~~~

I was just gonna say goodbye "because I'm only here to talk to peeps in the chatbox", but you made this personal, CF Hollister. Funny you live so close...

Quote:
To me, seems like a group of people that were really more just fans of the image of Alizée rather than the woman Alizée. If Soshi is offered as a replacement, this becomes obvious.

Hollister, I was an Alizee fan back when you were still wearing diapers. You say it's physical, but I loved the entire image, sound, and heart of Alizee Classic back in the day. I've made videos (with a few million views on youtube), made screenshot packs, and cleared watermarks out of images for no reason other than to spread her around). I awaited her return anxiously, but was sorely disappointed with what she had become.

She changed, not us. It's the classic "it's not me, it's actually you" sorta thing. In any case, this was news about 4 years ago, but the people I met when I first became an Alizee fan long before that are people I still talk to today, and I'm thankful so much to Alizee for bringing me to that.

So yes, you may say SNSD is where we are going now, but honestly that only started a couple of months ago for me. I've liked Asian music since discovering that besides Alizee's first two albums, it's the only cheerful music left in the world. Everywhere else the music is just made to be cool or sad and lacks any of the lovability or cuteness that made Alizee so appealing to us when she first debuted.

So since she changed, I went to the next place that was still doing what Alizee first did. After all, while Alizee was making whatever those last two albums were called, Tiffany and the rest of SNSD was further perfecting the JEAM outfit as shown in the gif below, so that just shows Alizee has passed the torch, and WE have continued to follow. SNSD is not a replacement for Alizee, they are an evolution of her!

So yeah, I would have left either way, but comments like Hollister's just make it that much easier. I'm really actually a very cheerful and happy person, but I felt like I should explain my thoughts. Cheers.

~tern

Old 04-23-2010, 02:55 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tern View Post
... I loved the entire image, sound, and heart of Alizee Classic back in the day. I've made videos (with a few million views on youtube), made screenshot packs, and cleared watermarks out of images for no reason other than to spread her around). I awaited her return anxiously, but was sorely disappointed with what she had become.

She changed, not us. ...
it's the only cheerful music left in the world. Everywhere else the music is just made to be cool or sad and lacks any of the lovability or cuteness that made Alizee so appealing to us when she first debuted.
I understand what you mean there. Obviously, it wasn't just my age that made me a fan. I was 31 when I discovered Alizée. Even if I'm not especially typical, she wasn't just for young kids. Though, I must admit, many of the people who join these forums are 16 kids who just like to talk a lot (no offense). Anyway, I can't really go elsewhere however, it seems. I guess I have a limited ability to transfer affections. Anyway, Alizée got older and while she certainly could have gone in a very different direction at the age of 23 or 21 when she first started on that album, one must acknowledge that what one is as a teenager can't really be kept up forever in any case. I do wish she had had the good fortune and musical taste to hook up with someone more like Laurent Boutonnat, and I won't both to list other wishes as we all have our own, but Alizée continues to have a certain appeal for me.

Anyway, I understand that some people who were here and became non-fans have been serious jerks about it, while others are quite reasonable. It's only obvious, even if sad, that when Alizée goes MIA and/or changes a lot, that some people will cease to be fans. I am glad that I have been able to be friends with some of the people here and some are still around. You seem like a pretty reasonable guy tern. I wish I had had the chance to know you way back when. Amazingly, some people do return after being MIA for years, just like Alizée--Hollister for one. So, I don't know what really drives your interest in Alizée Josh (I think everyone has their own personal reasons which may or may not be apparent from what they say here), but it's cool that you've come back around in any case.

Alizée has been a tremendous inspiration to so many people, but it's really as much about the community and the participation here that makes people come around. All of these forums got really crappy for a while and it was the attachment to Alizée that kept me around sometimes and the attachment to the people here that kept me around at other times. I'd like to say that I've been an unwavering fan of Alizée the whole time, but I have been borderline at times for reasons many of you know well even if you don't know me. I think many illusions have been broken in the last few years or at least hopes let down. That does not mean that people can't appreciate where there is of Alizée now. Many people really like her new music and her as a personality. There's nothing wrong with that nor is there anything wrong with people like tern who just find that they like what they like and Alizée's not putting it out anymore. I get the impression that Alizée has more respect for people who like the artistic aspect than those who are obsessed with her. I have been both of those for a long time. I sometimes wish she could see it from my perspective, but she obviously has much to deal with that puts her in a different position, not to mention just being a different kind of person than I am.

I think there is a lot of baggage that some people bring to the forums and to being a fan of Alizée. History is the cause of that. While for some people, being a fan for a long time has enabled them to contribute things that others can't, for some it also causes them to have difficulties that others don't.

Some people on online forums, especially something as emotionally charged as this, are just not going to get along. Ever since I joined, there have always been people who were rude or jerks who would get banned. I'd say the forum is pretty good right now. And those who like Alizée and are relatively happy with things right now will have fun, others will get disappointed and leave. I hope that it continues to be more of the former (and that I can be part of the former) and for the latter, I don't blame you and wish you good luck finding happiness in your life. Let's all just try to keep some dignity about it though (if possible).

-(my very humble buck and a quarter (I know that was a lot more than two cents))

Merci Fanny
Old 04-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I understand what you mean there. Obviously, it wasn't just my age that made me a fan. I was 31 when I discovered Alizée. Even if I'm not especially typical, she wasn't just for young kids. Though, I must admit, many of the people who join these forums are 16 kids who just like to talk a lot (no offense).
Hey that's 16 and a half to you!

Just kidding man I know what you mean, but I don't talk as much as others though

Closed Thread