Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-11-2007, 04:14 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb A simple wallpaper request for our resident Photoshop wizards

Well, my laptop crashed, and it's quite possible that if I can't extract the data from the hard drive, I'll have to wipe it and start all over. While I have my written documents all backed up, I'll still lose other media such as pics. And with no pics I'll have no wallpaper, and my laptop will look drab...

So, I have a request. I've attached the pic of Lili with her Tinkerbell tattoo. I'm not a big fan of tattoos, but I don't mind it in this pic, because the whole package -- the golden light, the rainbow swirls, the black overalls with the button pins, and Lili's adorable new look (and gorgeous back) -- all add up for one compelling pic. I must have it in wallpaper form, to celebrate the impending album release.

Here's what I'd like: a 1280x1024 wallpaper, with Lili at the far right. The rest of the wallpaper will be the same golden yellow as that surrounding Lili. The colors have to blend seamlessly. If somebody could make that, it would help cheer me up. I'll end up slicing it down to 1280x800, to fit my laptop, so it'll be shorter in the end. And at some point, if a high-quality image of the new Alizée logo is released, I'd like to slap that somewhere on the wallpaper as well. But for now, a simple golden wallpaper of that size with Lili at the far right would suffice.

So, can anyone help me?

- N
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alizée.jpg (23.6 KB, 65 views)
Old 11-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

For the moment, check out what I've created here :
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2...2_itemId=37788
One or more may be useful for you.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:42 PM
You must recover!

I like those, but is it possible to do the same thing with the original light yellow tint? Those pics seem to have been darkened.

Thanks,
- N

Also, in addition to what I just said, I'd like to keep Lili the same size as she was in the original image, so as to not make it blurry. She would just be surrounded by yellow light. I think it would look really good in the end, especially if the yellow is of the same soft color as that in the original pic. Surely Photoshop has some way of duplicating such a color sample and applying it to the rest?

Sorry to be so picky!

- N

Last edited by CFHollister; 11-12-2007 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: merged
Old 11-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

The problem isn't capturing the same color. The problem is duplicating the background gradient while maintaining the integrity of the "color swirl" graphics. Those swirls aren't trivial to duplicate from scratch, and getting the background gradient right may not be possible when doing the re-scaling you've requested.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
You must recover!

Wouldn't it be possible to duplicate just the yellow light, fill a 1280x1024 space with it, and then transplant the Lili pic exactly as is -- at its original 600x505 size -- onto the yellow background, thus making it all blend together?

That wouldn't affect the swirls at all, and there's no scaling going on here.

- N

Here's a mock-up.

The yellow part is 1280x1024, composed entirely of the background color duplicated. The white box is where you'd simply insert the Lili pic, completely unmodified. If the background color matches, it should all blend perfectly.

- N

Last edited by CFHollister; 11-12-2007 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: merged
Old 11-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Producer/Engineer

neoific is on a distinguished road

Heres what you asked for. If you want me to, later tonight I can vector the swirly things some more and get them goin all over the place.

(4 layers. Background color layer, layer of the image set to "darken", layer of the image on normal with a mask to cut out the background [this is to fix her skintones], and then a layer for the text)

(Her signature was a vector by me from her note stating that she would return)

Last edited by neoific; 11-11-2007 at 06:19 PM..
Old 11-11-2007, 06:39 PM
You must recover!

Neoific, that looks great. If you could move Lili down a little so I can crop more off the top when I make it 1280x800, and if you can make it so the bottom of her fades into white and from white into yellow (so that it's not so abruptly cut off at the bottom), it'll be perfect.

I'd be interested to see these changes made with and without the added swirls, if you have the time. But if not, just moving her down a little and fading the bottom in the background would be great!

EDIT: However, I just noticed that Lili was shrunk quite a bit in that wallpaper. Is there a way to keep her so that she's as big as she was in the original 600x505 pic? If you compare the original pic with her size in the new one, the new one is a lot smaller.

Thanks,
- N

Last edited by Neiteio; 11-11-2007 at 06:43 PM..
Old 11-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

She's not smaller, really. She's still the same size as the original - as per your request - but the background is much, much bigger. To make her more prominent in the bigger background, we'll have to enlarge the image, which might introduce some fuzziness.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

It's surprising how good the original pic looks simply blown up. I took it and just expanded its size, and plunked it centered on my desktop. It isn't 100% perfect quality, but it's good enough for me: 1024x1280

Old 11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

I re-created the background and color swirly-things from scratch, after extracting Alizee from the larger original image and removing the color bands where they crossed over skin.

For widescreen 1280x800 ...

Full size image is here :
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2...ab2f7c81eca56b

... and for 4:3, 1280x1024 ...

Full size image is here ...
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2...ab2f7c81eca56b

The Alizee image has also been enlarged to occupy more screen real estate, and enhanced to minimize image blur/fuzziness.

Last edited by The Cap; 11-11-2007 at 09:11 PM..