Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-25-2007, 09:41 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Ok, so here's the story about proselytizing Alizee to complete strangers. I got on an airplane last week (Southwest, so there are no preassigned seats). I took the window seat on the far left. There was a 35-ish guy with his arm in a sling in the aisle seat on the right. The plane got full, and this other 35-ish guy, who was with his wife and brother, had to sit in the middle while the others sat in different rows. He looked like a bit of a tough "motorcycle" guy (long hair, tattoos, etc.). The plane takes off. He exclaims "whoo hoo, this is my favorite part!" The guy next to him (we're all total strangers to each other) agrees vigorously. The two of them get to talking, and ordering some beers (they end up drinking 4 each). They bond quickly, swap stories about ESPN, getting drunk at bars, lamenting the end of FHM magazine's publication in the US, passing around some chewing tobacco, poking fun at each other, etc.

Then, I pull out my laptop and fire up some Alizee clips (e.g., the live En Concert Gourmandises clip with the picnic dress) with my headphones on. The guy in the middle cranes his neck to look, exclaiming "Women!" I offer to put the laptop on his tray table so all three of us can watch. He exclaims his approval and proclaims "Woo hoo, she is cute as a button!" Then he makes a few ribald comments about how great the view upward would be in the front row of that concert, on account of the picnic dress. The guy at the right end is watching eagerly as well. I play a few more clips. Then I get to the Gourmandises video and the closeups. The guy in the middle proclaims his approval so vigorously that guy on the right end teases him with (remember, we've never met until this flight!) "Dude, if your tray table starts coming up at a 45-degree angle, I'm getting a different seat, man!!" with a big grin.

Turns out that the guy in the middle, who was separated from his companions, was pretty worried at the beginning of the flight that he would be totally bored for several hours sitting with strangers. But we all had a good time in the end.

Last edited by fsquared; 05-25-2007 at 10:50 AM..
Old 05-25-2007, 09:47 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

haha .. great story

welcome to the website
Old 05-25-2007, 10:12 AM
silver bullet

neoteny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
"Dude, if your tray table starts coming up at a 45-degree angle, I'm getting a different seat, man!!" with a big grin.
LOL that was funny as HELL! she can do that to some if not most guys here on the site! oh that story reminds me...do i even have to explain it? yep you guessed it. bottoms up people. all for you, but mainly for yours truly
Old 05-25-2007, 12:41 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum fsquared Nice introduction story!
Old 05-25-2007, 12:54 PM

paleddy62 is on a distinguished road
Default Cool

First of all...welcome fsquared. As for the story.....nice. Have fun here and glad you are spreading the word on Lili...always good to gain more fans, especially with the release of her third album hopefully soon.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:30 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default hilarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Ok, so here's the story ...
HA HA HA HA HA HA! Great story, man! You really know how to tell it.
Why doesn't that sort of thing happen to me? I need to travel more - with a laptop computer.
"Women!"

Merci Fanny

Tags
alizée gifs