Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-24-2007, 01:44 PM
panda

lissa15 is on a distinguished road

hey i'm new i just joined today and i'm currently taking french now at school thats what brought me to this site oh and thanks for tip luc
Old 05-24-2007, 03:12 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

You're welcome lissa15 and thanks for joining us! I hope you enjoy the forum.
Et ici tu peux également apprendre le français
(is that correct garço?)
Old 05-24-2007, 03:44 PM
ХУЙ 

classicgalx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Is that so?... well then you're gonna have to post a pic

Welcome to to the site!
I posted my pic in the photo thread.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:48 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

welcome newcomers, sorry i haven't been able to greet you all, been rather busy, anyways WELCOME PLEASE ENJOY!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

A warm welcome to all new members. It's great to see this site and Alizée's fanbase growing.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicgalx View Post
I posted my pic in the photo thread.
Cool
Old 05-25-2007, 02:35 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone! I have a fairly typical story; I was looking for Madonna's La Isla Bonita on youtube a couple of weeks ago, and saw a comment referring to a remake by someone named "Alizee". I found that video, and I never looked back. I've even found myself proselytizing to my friends and, on occasion, random strangers (I'll have to share a funny story regarding this at some point.)

I actually realized later that I was familiar with a few of Mylene Farmer's songs (Desenchantees and Libertine) through the Kate Ryan remakes, but I didn't know about her work explicitly.

I ordered the En Concert DVD from a 3rd-party seller on Amazon.fr the other day; it was half the price of the others. I hope it wasn't pirated.

I ened up reading Nabokov's Lolita after reading some of the lyrics analysis (first real literature I've read in a while!). I'd be curious to hear from others who might have done something similar, and what their reactions are.

Best wishes to everyone!
Old 05-25-2007, 02:41 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Welcome!

I read Lolita a while ago. I've been slowly reading it a second time for the past couple of weeks. It's taking a long time because I haven't lifted it in days and days. I love the book, and wouldn't consider any other book to be close to as great.

What is your story about the random strangers? We'd all die to hear it.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:10 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
...btw, i just got confirmation of my 3 alizee CDs shipping from tower records and i can't wait!
How exciting for you. I remember ordering my CDs & DVD like it was just a couple months ago. Oh yeah, it was! (and Hey Amigo is one of my many favorite songs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLeCkZ View Post
Hey whats goin on people, i just join the site a acouple of weeks ago and i´ve been wondering is there a way to download the videos from this site??
It was implied that you can and I know there is an FTP site where you can supposedly UPload. I actually downloaded part of the Stars à Domicile video from there 'cause someone posted it, but I don't see any other videos. I use Azureus bittorrent client and DC++ (which is cool 'cause the people there have tons of stuff) alizee.myftp.org.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
...I've even found myself proselytizing to my friends and, on occasion, random strangers (I'll have to share a funny story regarding this at some point.)...I ened up reading Nabokov's Lolita after reading some of the lyrics analysis
I'd like to hear that story. I'd also like to read that novel. Obviously, Moi...Lolita, but also Gourmandises seems to be directly related to the Lolita idea. She talks about and glorifies herself (in the song anyway). You get the same sort of feel from it. I'd like to have a better appreciation of what Mylène and Laurent were thinking, though it's kinda late now for that.

As for buying the CD, we have a thread: http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=717

Merci Fanny
Old 05-25-2007, 09:41 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Ok, so here's the story about proselytizing Alizee to complete strangers. I got on an airplane last week (Southwest, so there are no preassigned seats). I took the window seat on the far left. There was a 35-ish guy with his arm in a sling in the aisle seat on the right. The plane got full, and this other 35-ish guy, who was with his wife and brother, had to sit in the middle while the others sat in different rows. He looked like a bit of a tough "motorcycle" guy (long hair, tattoos, etc.). The plane takes off. He exclaims "whoo hoo, this is my favorite part!" The guy next to him (we're all total strangers to each other) agrees vigorously. The two of them get to talking, and ordering some beers (they end up drinking 4 each). They bond quickly, swap stories about ESPN, getting drunk at bars, lamenting the end of FHM magazine's publication in the US, passing around some chewing tobacco, poking fun at each other, etc.

Then, I pull out my laptop and fire up some Alizee clips (e.g., the live En Concert Gourmandises clip with the picnic dress) with my headphones on. The guy in the middle cranes his neck to look, exclaiming "Women!" I offer to put the laptop on his tray table so all three of us can watch. He exclaims his approval and proclaims "Woo hoo, she is cute as a button!" Then he makes a few ribald comments about how great the view upward would be in the front row of that concert, on account of the picnic dress. The guy at the right end is watching eagerly as well. I play a few more clips. Then I get to the Gourmandises video and the closeups. The guy in the middle proclaims his approval so vigorously that guy on the right end teases him with (remember, we've never met until this flight!) "Dude, if your tray table starts coming up at a 45-degree angle, I'm getting a different seat, man!!" with a big grin.

Turns out that the guy in the middle, who was separated from his companions, was pretty worried at the beginning of the flight that he would be totally bored for several hours sitting with strangers. But we all had a good time in the end.

Last edited by fsquared; 05-25-2007 at 10:50 AM..

Tags
alizée gifs