View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
i am an advocate of precise pronounciation you see what you have listed there for "Je ne te le dis pas" happens when we say that very fast, at the expense of accurate pronounciation. The gold standard (journalist pronounciation) most frequently pronounces each e, although they forget sometimes too so may i ask you to delete that portion because i would want everybody here to learn the precise pronounciation first, merci
I'm not going to remove the portion of the lesson because each student's personnal goals for learning to speak French may vary. For students who wish to sound most natural in common settings, that information may be vital and shuold not be omitted. I have added an author's note which hopefully is to your satifaction. The introduction to that section does concede that one of the ways that languages change is through misponunciation and misuse and states that the unstable e's are an example of this. After all, "proper" French as it exists today (with its plethora of silent letters, etc.) would not exist as it does if it not had been for gross misuse and mispronunciation of the Latin from which it decended.