View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 12:04 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Windows Download

Once you've downloaded XChat, you open it and up comes the list of servers. Click 'Add', and then name it whatever. Then, make sure your new server is highlighted, click 'Edit' and then a small screen comes up. Where it says "Servers for (Whatever you named this thing)" click 'Add' and type in irc.efnet.net

Then hit enter or w/e, and look down to where it says 'Channels to join:' Type in #alizee-usa
I'm often in a chatroom on a different server. The quote is instructions from one of my friends (I hesitate to use the word friend because he (and the rest of my "friends" that go in the other chat room) doesn't like Alizee) to download and enter a chatroom using Xchat.
If you use Chatzilla, which is what I prefer, you don't need to worry about clicking edit and add and such. When you open it, you type "/server irc.efnet.net" followed by "/join #alizee-usa" and it'll join the room. If you right click on the tab in the bottom left you can select 'join on startup' and you'll never need to type anything to join the room again.