View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

You can also check this out: http://alizee-reflections.net/lilly_town.html

@Chuck, you have a good point and you may very well be right. I can see why Americans would be thinking “Big Apple” and it could also have some wishful thinking thrown in. But I think the reason people thought of New York is also because it is a place Alizée has said she loves. And it is the setting for “Fifty Sixty” and some of the other subject matter in the “Psych” album. Is it possible that it represents aspects of both Paris and New York, 2 cities that Alizée loves? I don’t know.
Double meanings have always been a part of the lyrics of Alizée songs, so it’s not always clear when a cigar is just a cigar sometimes.
Maybe the point is, as a listener, you can have it be whatever you want it to be.

I’ve always believed a song is never finished when released to the public. The writing continues in each listener’s head. Each listener creates imagery and meaning in their mind when they listen to the song. So you can end up with a million versions of the song living in a million different minds.

Last edited by lefty12357; 09-12-2009 at 01:24 PM..