View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 12:05 AM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

The revolution begins! If we just give it time, chances are, this will work out. Here's my theory: some of Alizée's allure comes from the "mystery" one perceives upon first discovering her. Most of us saw her first on youtube, and if I'm not mistaken, the fact that she was this French girl who had stunning foreign looks and sang in a different language (far more beautiful than English) contributed to the urge to find out more about her. In other words, the fact that she was so distant culturally was a major drawing factor. I don't know if I'm making any sense, but I feel that "discovering" Alizée is what leads to one becoming her fan.

I think that's why its so difficult to get your friends and family to feel the way you do about her - the process of discovery must be self-instigated. It's like if someone tells you a painting is beautiful and then shows you the painting, pointing out every detail that makes it beautiful to him. If instead you are able to see the painting yourself and think entirely your own thoughts rather than those someone else has placed in your mind, you might find it beautiful for your own reasons.

Anyway, I am just rambling now, so time to wrap up. I think leaving little business cards and posters everywhere is a very good idea, because its not like you're shoving her music and persona down everyone's throat (as I'm guilty of doing on many accounts with my friends), but rather retain some of that "mystery" that I think is very important for conversion.

Wow, what began as a mere two sentence post evolved spontaneously into a great, rambling, sprawling mess in which I compared Lili to a painting . I have only myself to blame.