Thread: Books
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 02:11 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
But to be honest Stephenie Meyer can't really beat Mrs. Rowling! I mean the Love Story from Twilight is awesome (and a girl thing I guess but HP is a much more complex series...
Amen, sister! Testify! Though I have to admit that Harry kind of annoys me a bit, especially in the latter half of the series. I'm more of a Hermione geek. As far as I'm concerned, every book in the series could be renamed "Hermione Granger and her Much Less Interesting Friends".

Quote:
The Diary of a Young Girl/Anne Frank*
*(I don't know how popular are these books over in the US...)
I don't know about the US, but a lot of us up here in Canada have actually read this in high school (or at least had to while I was still in school...which was awhile ago). It really had a major impact on me when I read it in Grade 10, and again when I reread it for the first time last summer.

Quote:
I started right now with "About a boy" (I try to read it in english)... and after this I'll read Kite Runner
About A Boy is actually my second-favorite Nick Hornby book after High Fidelity, and is a much better book than the Hugh Grant movie they made from it. The way it ends is totally different from the movie, and isn't as painfully schmaltzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
• Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare - Narrated by Michael Sheen & kate Beckinsale
Really? Huh. That's a pairing you wouldn't expect. I could listen to Kate Beckinsale read the phone book, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
• Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov - Performed by Jeremy Irons
Ooo, now THAT would be interesting. I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for this one. Thanks for the heads up.